Airdrieonians vs Falkirk

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Both of them. 

Well, we had a front three that likes to play at being the movers and shakers. Coats on shoogly pegs is a major understatement right now. Them trying to hide behind owners who they hope will protect them would be a major folly. Their race is run.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Poetic that Montrose overtook you after the times you've mugged them :)

Spot on with this btw, we’ve robbed montrose about 7 games in a row until last week. 

I’ve never been one to believe in “karma”, “destiny”, “fate”, a “god” or any of that shite before, but what justice that we didn’t scrape into the playoffs. Fully deserved and I am genuinely genuinely glad clubs like montrose are there in our place. Not even sure what point I’m making or where we as a club go from here but anyway 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Spot on with this btw, we’ve robbed montrose about 7 games in a row until last week. 

I’ve never been one to believe in “karma”, “destiny”, “fate”, a “god” or any of that shite before, but what justice that we didn’t scrape into the playoffs. Fully deserved and I am genuinely genuinely glad clubs like montrose are there in our place. Not even sure what point I’m making or where we as a club go from here but anyway 

An honest poster 😵

Tried to post this last night before it crashed. It is obviously rather funny but i do genuinely feel sorry for the real falkirk fans. That performance last night was a disgrace. Major changes needed

14 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

sad state of affairs when you not only expect to lose every game but lose heavily.

I'd be delighted with an unexpected draw.

seems a lot of folks think Partick will beat Montrose, I dont see it.

airdrie win, montrose win, falkirk to finish 5th and miss out on the play offs.

season horribilis over and next season to be yet more dry boak inducing marketing telling us what a great and big club we are 

sadly all too very predictable, interesting to see what happens over summer in the real life soap opera that is FFC

48 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Big fan of Robbie Mutch’s reactions when both goals go in :lol: 

Superb hahaha especially delicious in slow motion. 

Absolutely delighted to have played a part in one of the funniest nights of the season. As predicted the Falkirk fans are trying to disguise their absolute seething outrage but we all know they are livid and absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of McKinnon's Revenge. 

The only downside to our impending promotion is knowing we won't be able to ride Falkirk all over the place next season. 

Because they are staying doon. 

sexy elvis presley GIF

26 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Superb hahaha especially delicious in slow motion. 

Absolutely delighted to have played a part in one of the funniest nights of the season. As predicted the Falkirk fans are trying to disguise their absolute seething outrage but we all know they are livid and absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of McKinnon's Revenge. 

The only downside to our impending promotion is knowing we won't be able to ride Falkirk all over the place next season. 

Because they are staying doon. 

sexy elvis presley GIF

Loving Kerrs reaction to the 1st aswell, Falkirk lol...

I was told earlier in this thread that Falkirk hadn't gotten any worse since they punted their managers as well. 

They were utterly honking last night. Markedly worse than the other two times we beat them this season. They've not won a game since making the change. 

Sensational. 6 points clear end of March. 5th place start of May 😂😂

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Mr November said:
Big fan of Robbie Mutch’s reactions when both goals go in emoji38.png 

Anyone make out what hes saying after the second one? I genuinely hope hes offering folk out Aero style

Seems to be giving Neilson dogs abuse. 

Credit to Mutch, he actually seems to give a f**k about what is happening. Made a couple decent saves as well. 

Could not post after last night's crash of the site and Falkirk. I was still a bit jittery at 87 minutes but letting Thomson skip past you was poor for the Falkirk defender , but sheer bliss for me as it hit the net. Delight to see Turner (nearly) doing an Archie Gemmell in the box.  Pleased for Montrose but it's all still to play for.

We weren't brilliant last night but still thought we deserved to win in the end, we looked at the very least like a solid, committed team, with the odd moment of quality getting us the goals eventually. 

However I was genuinely surprised by how bad Falkirk were, I know I shouldn't have been given their form but it wasn't so much their ability (or lack of) that shocked me, it was that they just didn't look the slightest bit interested in winning the game. I know they only needed to draw the game but to play with that attitude right from the start just seems stupid. As it happened they lost a late goal and had no time to reply. Maybe I'm mistaking their apparent settling for a draw with an inability to actually attack, but certainly looked to me like they were playing 'not to lose' - which is maybe fine if you are a well drilled, solid side who can manage a game, but not so fine if you've been on the run of form Falkirk have. The way the game played out they gave themselves no margin for error late on should they concede, and so it turned out.

You can also tell a lot about a team by the reaction of the players when they score and concede a goal. Apart from Mutch the entire team just seemed to be unmoved by the goals. As a comparison, the behind the goal footage from 2 weeks ago when we played Forfar shows the entire Forfar team with heads in their hands/on the ground after our late winner. It's always easy to claim players weren't committed and don't care after an important defeat and most of the time it's not due to that, but last night I certainly felt the main difference was attitude. And I'd assume that part of the reason for their drop in form is coming up against these committed teams every week and not being up for a battle. It's a boring cliche but at this level you do need to win the battle (or at least take part in it) to then allow your quality to come through. That's what we managed to do late on, Falkirk never established themselves in the game enough to be able to create anything other than a couple of crosses.

I think the play-offs are as open as I can remember, there's nothing between us and Cove. It's hard to say what level Morton are at but they certainly look beatable. Montrose will be underdogs but I wouldn't write them off at all, they consistently pulled out big results when needed this season, wouldn't be at all surprised if they pulled an upset.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever