Weird songs you’ve heard at the football

The ‘80s were a magical time. I first dabbled in attending football matches around 1986. There was the usual mix of racism, homophobia, and sexual references in the songs and chants that people sang at the football. One of the songs I heard in my formative years was at a Motherwell away game. It has May in the lyrics so it seems an appropriate starting point. Even if it is a bit sex-offendery. As the teachers tell the kids these days, it’s inappropriate.

Why people were singing this at the football, I have no idea. Why they decided to sexualise Mother Brown, is unknown. Answers would be appreciated from anyone in the know.

Here it is...

I was lying in the bath one day, in the merry, merry month of May, and the hair was lying thick from my belly to my p***k, when I Mother Brown say, if I catch you wanking, I’ll cut your cock right off, so knees up, knees up, get your fucking knees up, knees up Mother Brown, oh my what a rotten song, sing!, what a rotten song, what a rotten song, oh my what a rotten song, sing!, what rotten singers too-ooo-ooo-

It was quite catchy. Bit of na-na-na-ing  at the end and quite a bit of bouncing around and sways on the terrace.

What weird songs have you heard at the football? To be clear, I’m going for weird rather than banned.

Weirdest was the English fans singing 'No surrender to the IRA' (Give me joy in my heart)

When we played them in the playoffs 1999.

Asked a guy at the bar if they knew who they were playing.

St Mirren fans at Tannadice in 88-89. A shite end of season 0-0 was livened up one day guy with a massive beard starting with "The hiiiiiiiills are alive with the sound of... ///dramatic pause\\\ ... BILLY THOMSON IS A w****r"

Weird, but funny at the time.

"Please release me, let me go,

For I don't love you any more,

To waste our lives would be a sin,

So release me.. and let me f**k again,

Oh f**k again.

Clap-Clap-Clap THISTLE!"

An old Meadowbank favourite which used to make me laugh. We had quite a few weird songs which was much of the fun of watching Thistle.

49 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

To the tune of the adams family.
Your father is your brother.
Your sister is your mother.
You all f**k one another.
The Ipswich family.

Edit : the clips are about 6 years old but the song itself is about 20.

Edited by Mr. Alli

'We hope she had AIDS' sung to David Goodwillie.

Or 'You're just a shite Ched Evans'.

The retort was fantastic, one woman in the Dick Donald singing 'He shags who he wants' followed by the whole of Pittodrie booing her.

Edited by johnnydun

Not at the football but years ago I can mind a drunk Scotland supporter on the train continually singing "The wallpaper sticks to the wall". No idea what that was all about.

A couple of posts already about weird sexual references being sung at Fir Park, but the best by far in that regard heard there has to our classic Muff Diver song - to the tune of The Wild Rover. 

I've been a Muff diver for many a year, 

And I've spent all my money on Muff diving gear, 

From goggles and flippers to oxygen tank, 

If I can't have a Muff dive I'll just have a w**k, 

And it's Motherwell, Motherwell Fc, We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

"Please release me, let me go,

For I don't love you any more,

To waste our lives would be a sin,

So release me.. and let me f**k again,

Oh f**k again.

Clap-Clap-Clap THISTLE!"

An old Meadowbank favourite which used to make me laugh. We had quite a few weird songs which was much of the fun of watching Thistle.

As listed in the Fisul festive fifty in AWOL! What a load of shite was sung at matches.