Thistle vs ...

I mind when we won the 2nd div back in 2001 yer man the stadium announcer (max?) started to read the scores out at half time in trophy day. He got half way through the first score (Arbroath v.....) and then went "ach who cares?" to huge cheers from the JHS.

It was a cathartic day. 

3 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Lovely morning. Stroll in the park. Up to the deli for some brunch. Beer garden for a couple of IPAs. Keep away from the stream or a spot of fishing? Can decide later, no pressure.

Aye, it doesn't get much more Partick Thistle than that. Anyhow, enjoy your day Crawford. 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I mind when we won the 2nd div back in 2001 yer man the stadium announcer (max?) started to read the scores out at half time in trophy day. He got half way through the first score (Arbroath v.....) and then went "ach who cares?" to huge cheers from the JHS.

It was a cathartic day. 

I recall that as being the first game after our relegation from the SPL in 2004 and the controversy over ICT’s promotion/ second vote etc. He read through the scores in the lower leagues, and then when he came to the SPL scores, simply said “and in the SPL, who cares”.

He might have done a similar thing twice of course