Jump to content
tamthebam

Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

You're twenty league places below Arbroath and nearly fifteen below Montrose because of 'circumstances', yet were a similar distance above both within the last decade?

That’s called punching above your weight. I know you’re not familiar with it, but it’s an exceptionally good feeling. 

Hence why we're emptying our useless owners and running the club on a different basis from next season with any luck. 
 

Can’t do much worse surely? Although just need to ask Falkirk about that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montrose didn't go from winning the relegation play-off to their current position by passively waiting to 'punch above their weight': they actually made smart appointments and got their act together.

What 'circumstances' prevent Cowdenbeath from doing the same? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty pockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As opposed to billionaire-funded Montrose, aye?

The bottom line is that when part-time clubs get decisions right they can climb up through the leagues at a remarkable pace: and when they get them consistently wrong, they fall just as quickly. That's not 'circumstances', that's 'competition' playing out. 

Edited by vikingTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, virginton said:

As opposed to billionaire-funded Montrose, aye?

The bottom line is that when part-time clubs get decisions right they can climb up through the leagues at a remarkable pace: and when they get them consistently wrong, they fall just as quickly. That's not 'circumstances', that's 'competition' playing out. 

Maybe there is more to it than that at Cowdenbeath rather than just a glib one size fits all situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Maybe there is more to it than that at Cowdenbeath rather than just a glib one size fits all situation.  

Cowdenbeath have been up and down enough leagues to demonstrate that there is no more unique circumstances in play than Brechin, Montrose or Berwick could cite as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any betting available on this yet? Struggling to find anything online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, virginton said:

Montrose didn't go from winning the relegation play-off to their current position by passively waiting to 'punch above their weight': they actually made smart appointments and got their act together.

What 'circumstances' prevent Cowdenbeath from doing the same? 

Covid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gazzah said:

Is there any betting available on this yet? Struggling to find anything online

McBookie have got odds on it 
 

Brora 13/8.     Kelty 13/8.      Brechin 7/4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, virginton said:

Cowdenbeath have been up and down enough leagues to demonstrate that there is no more unique circumstances in play than Brechin, Montrose or Berwick could cite as well. 

Yes. For instance Championship seven years ago - Blue Brazil 40 points  Morton (R) 26 Points when the Sweetie Man was Chairman and Cowden had become fan owned. Dont think Brechin, Montrose or Berwick could match that though Morton are in the process of repeating the  (R ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Yes. For instance Championship seven years ago - Blue Brazil 40 points  Morton (R) 26 Points when the Sweetie Man was Chairman and Cowden had become fan owned. Dont think Brechin, Montrose or Berwick could match that though Morton are in the process of repeating the  (R ).

Montrose could be in the play-offs tomorrow night and their rivals have just done similar two seasons in a row. Meanwhile for some strange reason Cowdenbeath fans are looking back on seven years ago and insisting that their club's dung performance in every year since is down to 'circumstances' outwith their plucky club's hands that haven't affected 20 other similarly sized clubs. 

It's genuinely bizarre stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Montrose could be in the play-offs tomorrow night and their rivals have just done similar two seasons in a row. Meanwhile for some strange reason Cowdenbeath fans are looking back on seven years ago and insisting that their club's dung performance in every year since is down to 'circumstances' outwith their plucky club's hands that haven't affected 20 other similarly sized clubs. 

It's genuinely bizarre stuff. 

Cowden 5 the mighty Morton 1. Remember that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2021 at 15:06, andrew21 said:

Pitch and floodlights were part council funded ( it is a community facility after all), rest of funding was Coalfields regeneration trust(or something similar) None of the work done since the new pitch/floodlights were installed ie two covered enclosures, stand and work done around the pitch had anything to do with council.

Quick google reveals the  whole complex cost 7.5 million inc school upgrade and new community centre inc pitch.

so now the public money spent on the pitch etc is no longer available to the community !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've been able to smell the fear running down the legs of Cowden types ever since Edinburgh City arrived in the SPFLLT. They're still sulking about Cove, even though they've long since sailed past Cowdenbeath and into the league above. 

Montrose only had to look at the playoffs once before going out and getting their shit together. Cowden have gone through it twice and clearly fancy the hat-trick in the near future. Odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden 5 the mighty Morton 1. Remember that?

Not sure a result from 8 years ago is really that much of a "gotcha" when Cowden are fannying about at the wrong end of the entire league system, saved only by an utterly abject Brechin side. Morton have had a woeful season, but in an absolute worst case scenario will still be way, way above Cowden next season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the 3 teams Kelty have by far the strongest squad in terms of size & depth, starting 11 Brora are very strong but I worry about what they have in reserve. Brechin appear to be a mixed bag depending on who is fit.

Cold, wet & windy forecast tonight so should favour Brora as they are used to playing in those conditions, Dudgeon Park is one of those grounds that is always windy every time I have been.

I certainly wouldn't write Brechin off, having said that fancy Kelty to get promoted, looking at their squad don't think they have a player under 25 so their experience should get them through both ties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of the players of Brora or Kelty have been out on loan to L1 or L2 teams - Nathan Austin was at East Fife - they will all be match fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, razamanaz said:

How many of the players of Brora or Kelty have been out on loan to L1 or L2 teams - Nathan Austin was at East Fife - they will all be match fit

Nathan Austin featured just three times for East Fife before being recalled by his parent club. He last played in the Fifers' 3-0 defeat at Montrose on 30 March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

Out of the 3 teams Kelty have by far the strongest squad in terms of size & depth, starting 11 Brora are very strong but I worry about what they have in reserve. Brechin appear to be a mixed bag depending on who is fit.

Cold, wet & windy forecast tonight so should favour Brora as they are used to playing in those conditions, Dudgeon Park is one of those grounds that is always windy every time I have been.

I certainly wouldn't write Brechin off, having said that fancy Kelty to get promoted, looking at their squad don't think they have a player under 25 so their experience should get them through both ties.

Kelty have never played when it’s cold, wet and windy?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, virginton said:

Montrose didn't go from winning the relegation play-off to their current position by passively waiting to 'punch above their weight': they actually made smart appointments and got their act together.

What 'circumstances' prevent Cowdenbeath from doing the same? 

Really?

no money and no fans would be a starting point. There are more though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...