Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

How many “ locals “ are there in Kelty’s team?

I was meaning as a comparison to Brechin, who said their players are from or train in the central belt, which surely makes them less "local" than Kelty. Though I doubt any club has a group of local players like the Lisbon Lions nowadays.

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

When is the 1st leg of this.?

Games are Tuesday/Sunday next week, at Kelty/Brechin.

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Well you can hardly call it a level financial playing field between SPFL clubs and non-league so Brora and Kelty need some finance to close that gap.

And if you want more locals in a team surely there's more "locals" in Brora and Kelty's teams than Brechin...

This would depend on how you define locals - from the same village/town, county, x-Mile radius - is it by residence, birthplace, etc?  

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

I've probably asked this question before, but do Kelty have a sugar daddy?  Looking at their squad it's filled with a bunch of ex-championship and Premiership players.  Players whose wages would certainly be beyond the capabilities of most Lowland League teams

29 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Brechin City still well in this tie!  

Find a way to win 1-0 at home on Sunday,  and then  anyone can win a penalty shoot oot, so it's still alive.

I thought Brechin were lucky to escape only losing 2-1, Kelty looked like the much better team.

I've probably asked this question before, but do Kelty have a sugar daddy?  Looking at their squad it's filled with a bunch of ex-championship and Premiership players.  Players whose wages would certainly be beyond the capabilities of most Lowland League teams

Nah. All these guys are there because they believe in “the ambition”. They will be getting paid similar to others in their league

On 09/05/2021 at 19:15, Left Back said:

I’d go for this.

which team has a train station closest to their ground?  I think Cowdenbeath is pretty close.  Struggling to think of any closer although I haven’t been to all the league grounds.

On 10/05/2021 at 00:31, tamthebam said:

Cliftonhill is quite close to a station. Lesser Hampden is a walk down the hill and across the road from Mount Florida. 

Falkirk should have stayed at Brockville- a stagger from Grahamston in the old days and Kilbowie was close to Singer.

Arthurlie and Girvan's grounds are right next to stations. 

On 10/05/2021 at 11:03, The Mantis said:

And Pollok.

I thought Pollok would win this, but Girvan would take some beating.

I just measured by closest point on the pitch to closest point on a platform, which of course says nothing about walking distance.

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 23.37.59.png

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 23.41.18.png

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 23.40.28.png

On 10/05/2021 at 14:10, Hedgecutter said:

That'll be Forfar f***ed then.  Quite ironic that Station Park is one of the furthest away from a station (closest one is 14 miles away).  Beaten only by Balmoor (I think).

Brechin are safe based on this criterion then, subject to a reinterpretation of the rules, permitting non-Network Rail (or whatever it is called nowadays) railways.

Hope Brechin do make it with or without a railway station.

Screenshot_20210519-101930.png

so is it confirmed Brechin to HL and if yes, do HL 'promote' or 'relegate' another team to even up the numbers? so many questions!!
Yes, Brechin City go to the Highland League. The league will increase to 18 as they were down to 17 after Cove's promotion.

From next season there will be HL feeder leagues but they aren't in place just yet.

8 minutes ago, marello said:

so is it confirmed Brechin to HL and if yes, do HL 'promote' or 'relegate' another team to even up the numbers? so many questions!!

Why is this so hard for people to accept? Brechin will go to the Highland League. Lowland League has never been on the cards, despite Ken Ferguson's whining. Highland League currently has 17 teams and will run with 18 next season, as they previously did for several years until Cove got promoted. Perhaps once the North Caley, North Juniors and Midland Leagues come in there might be consideration of reducing numbers, but they're under no obligation to do so.

8 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Will another HL team ever get promoted again to the SPFL?

Will certainly be tougher tutan from now on in,can only see Brora and Fraserburgh as having any chance in the near future.

But further down the line when the big Tayside clubs are in the HL like Lochee,Broughty and Carnoustie,you never know.

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Will certainly be tougher tutan from now on in,can only see Brora and Fraserburgh as having any chance in the near future.

But further down the line when the big Tayside clubs are in the HL like Lochee,Broughty and Carnoustie,you never know.

Out of curiousity WV, have you seen any of the three teams you named, play at home?