Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That'll be Forfar f***ed then.  Quite ironic that Station Park is one of the furthest away from a station (closest one is 14 miles away).  Beaten only by Balmoor (I think).

It's not too far away, you've just got to go back in time a bit to get there though :P

2108624961_StationPark.jpg.b47d6207c5f109e7cb6da612ef46894d.jpg

2 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

As a Mo fan, I’m hoping you stay up. Lot of our Brechin friends were at links Par in our darkest hour

I certainly was (got the train down out of a bit of interest) and didn't see any Brechin fans wanting a Brora win.  Good friends really. 😉

As a Mo fan, I’m hoping you stay up. Lot of our Brechin friends were at links Par in our darkest hour

I actually travelled up from Glasgow to take in the game that day. There must have been at least 100 Brechin supporters there, the vast majority backing Montrose.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I'm a big supporter of the pyramid as stated various times, but the Lowland League can GTF now. Good luck Brechin and I hope you stuff Kelty.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Brechin not recently  propose a 16 team Division 2 to include Kelty, Brora and the  OF Colts?

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Brechin not recently  propose a 16 team Division 2 to include Kelty, Brora and the  OF Colts?

Fair point, but at least that never really got anywhere. This is worse with a whole league destroying integrity of the pyramid.

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

That was a desperate effort by our committee to resolve the issue for all parties given the circumstances.  They quickly withdrew the colts part when they realised the strength of feelings from our fans. 

It’s Brechin for me, as an Angus resident I want them to survive, just as I did Montrose a few years ago. I’m glad this wasn’t on the cards when I started following the Loons in the mid 70s as we’d be gone long ago.

Nothing against the other two, particularly Brora, though the finances of Kelty kind of bother me, they are obviously affluent compared to the majority of League 1 and 2 sides. The traditionalist in me would like to see teams filled with mainly locals like the Lisbon Lions were, ordinary guys who were fortunate enough to play professionally but it was largely a level financial playing field.

38 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Nothing against the other two, particularly Brora, though the finances of Kelty kind of bother me

Brora aren't all that different in that regard tbf.  They've had a benefactor bankrolling them for a few years now.

When they played Montrose in their playoff, everyone was suggesting that they were going to lose anyway with the benefactor just wanting to see his funding lead to them mopping up multiple HL titles rather than being League 2  no-marks.

Eta: I think the HL/LL playoff system was introduced a year or two after he'd started throwing cash at them.

Edited by Hedgecutter

22 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That was a desperate effort by our committee to resolve the issue for all parties given the circumstances.  They quickly withdrew the colts part when they realised the strength of feelings from our fans. 

I didn't Know that!!

I think you really have to inform all Scottish Fans that you  have repented and have rejoined the good guys. I do hope you win. I would love for the Blue Brazilians to take over the Hedge again.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

When they played Montrose in their playoff, everyone was suggesting that they were going to lose anyway with the benefactor just wanting to see his funding lead to them mopping up multiple HL titles rather than being League 2  no-marks.

Eta: I think the HL/LL playoff system was introduced a year or two after he'd started throwing cash at them.

Their money man wanted to match (and then overtake) Huntly's five in a row capers from the 90's but, as you say, the pyramid scheme came along about 18 months after he started shovelling money in, leaving them neither here nor there. 

Their excuses at the time of the Montrose debacle - we can't afford to go up, etc. - were a fucking nonsense. The momentum they built up in those two seasons evaporated at Links Park, and the effort in the years since building it back up again has been rendered a waste of time because of Covid, and now their chance is probably gone. 

I'm sure there are people involved with the club who think going up could be a good idea, but after what happened in 2015 I don't think anyone in HFL circles would believe anyone who said it out loud. 

37 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Nothing against the other two, particularly Brora, though the finances of Kelty kind of bother me, they are obviously affluent compared to the majority of League 1 and 2 sides. The traditionalist in me would like to see teams filled with mainly locals like the Lisbon Lions were, ordinary guys who were fortunate enough to play professionally but it was largely a level financial playing field.

Well you can hardly call it a level financial playing field between SPFL clubs and non-league so Brora and Kelty need some finance to close that gap.

And if you want more locals in a team surely there's more "locals" in Brora and Kelty's teams than Brechin...

59 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well you can hardly call it a level financial playing field between SPFL clubs and non-league so Brora and Kelty need some finance to close that gap.

And if you want more locals in a team surely there's more "locals" in Brora and Kelty's teams than Brechin...

How many “ locals “ are there in Kelty’s team?