Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's literally named after a guy who did it in a shoot-out in the European Championship final. Higginbotham himself scored one as a last minute equaliser against Celtic for us.

So if he had missed against Celtic, you wouldn't at least question his decision-making? If you score you're a clutch genius, miss and you look a complete fool. I know you understand how human perception sees these different outcomes, so don't get arsey about it.

When Cummings attempted it in 2016, don't tell me he didn't look like a twat when he missed. Luckily for him and Kallum though, they both were able to redeem themselves on the 2nd try.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Austin should have had a hat trick on the break in the second half. Brora are a good team but Kelty have too many players with higher league experience. I knew they had a few but I’d heard of almost all of the Kelty team. Brechin will get ridden.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Brora Rangers 0-2 Kelty Hearts

Kelty should have won by 4 or 5 - even without their daft brace of penalty misses early doors. They looked a bit rusty in opening period - the only time Brora were really on top - but got into swing 2nd half and missed a handful of great chances, including several slick counter-attacks. Brora forced 1 good save in each half but showed less and less as the game wore on. Pitch surprisingly rough.

Easton best for Kelty: footwork very impressive.

Malin best for Brora: numerous saves and blocks keep tie alive.

Modest viewership of 360-400 paying £10.80.

Still think Brechin will be favourites whoever they meet in Final. They've been training and playing for months which will count for fitness and sharpness; they've now got a week to rest and prepare, having also known since last midweek their last 2 games were dead-rubbers, while whoever prevails after going at it hammer-n-tongs again on Saturday only has a few days.

It could be argued that Kelty will go into the Brechin game with a bit of momentum (Depending of Saturday’s result).

10 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Strange that a Fife referee was given this tie 

3 pens seems a bit excessive ?

He is from Glasgow.

All 3 we’re pens in my opinion.

Just seen that Kelty line up from last night.  Brechin should, on paper, get ridden.  Will be an interesting couple of games.

16 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So if he had missed, you wouldn't at least question his decision-making? If you score you're a clutch genius, miss and you look a complete fool. I know you understand how human perception sees these different outcomes, so don't get arsey about it.

When Cummings attempted it in 2016, don't tell me he didn't look like a twat when he missed. Luckily for him and Kallum though, they both were able to redeem themselves on the 2nd try.

It's probably easy to say when it's not the heat of the moment, but as long as the player has the ability to execute it well, which I reckon Higgibotham does, I don't see it as any different to him trying to slam one into the bottom corner and having it saved. Fair enough if some jobber centre-half steps up and tries to do it and the ball doesn't even reach the goal, that would be daft.

Edited by craigkillie

50 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Did Brora have players with work commitments again?

Big stag do in Ullapool apparently.

Don't see any way at all Kelty aren't playing League Two football next season. It would be a f**k up of Falkirkian proportions to mess it up now.

Personally, it'll be great to have another Fife team in the SPFL to hopefully get a new derby going with. I imagine Kelty will be among the favourites for the league, if not favourites outright unless Annan get a sugar daddy or something.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

Disturbed by the amount of support for a team coached by Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm

I share your concern. It must be a balancing act between two unattractive options, the one above or another side with rangers in its name.

I streamed the game - and credit to Brora on their production. They can't have streamed too many games this season and the production as better than several I've seen in Leagues One and Two.

I thought the first half was fairly even, but when Kelty made chances they were better chances than the ones Brora made. Kelty's first penalty miss was one of the worst attempts I have seen in years! 

Kelty were much the better side in the second half. 

Easton's goal was class. Unfortunately he does seem to be one of those players that like to throw themselves on the floor for little or no contact, which is a shame because a player of his quality doesn't need to do that. Nathan Austin was a handful all game. I was surprised Kelty's third penalty was given - seemed a bit soft. 

All in all, Kelty were well worth a 2-0 first leg win and it was a good game to watch.