Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

The poor camera man needs a pal to wipe the camera for him. I get getting a network error please reload message which is annoying.

It’s been a decent game. Some save by the Kelty keeper a few minutes ago.

3 penalties conceded after 55 minutes is wild. Are they stonewallers or is the ref at it?

The first two looked like penalties and the third one was a bit of a harsh handball. There’s been no replays at all so can’t say for sure.

The poor camera man needs a pal to wipe the camera for him. I get getting a network error please reload message which is annoying.

It’s been a decent game. Some safe by the Kelty keeper a few minutes ago.

Wiping it with his gloves isn’t helping the cause lol

Finished 2-0 Kelty. Before the game you would have been delighted at coming away with that result. But it should have been 4 or 5. Austin missed a few good chances near the end. Good performance and result

I bought a stream for tonight's match and thought it was a really entertaining encounter. Kelty Hearts were the better side for long spells and really should have put the tie out of sight - the two penalty misses in the opening 10 minutes were incredible, and they also missed a handful of other decent chances in the second half - and I can see them going on to win promotion to League 2. Dylan Easton was spellbinding at times and his goal was supremely taken.

The commentators seemed keen to point out how level the contest had been but I never got the feeling that Brora Rangers would score. Darren Jamieson made a superb save to block a header from a corner kick but other than that, he wasn't worked at all.

Brora Rangers 0-2 Kelty Hearts

Kelty should have won by 4 or 5 - even without their daft brace of penalty misses early doors. They looked a bit rusty in opening period - the only time Brora were really on top - but got into swing 2nd half and missed a handful of great chances, including several slick counter-attacks. Brora forced 1 good save in each half but showed less and less as the game wore on. Pitch surprisingly rough.

Easton best for Kelty: footwork very impressive.

Malin best for Brora: numerous saves and blocks keep tie alive.

Modest viewership of 360-400 paying £10.80.

Still think Brechin will be favourites whoever they meet in Final. They've been training and playing for months which will count for fitness and sharpness; they've now got a week to rest and prepare, having also known since last midweek their last 2 games were dead-rubbers, while whoever prevails after going at it hammer-n-tongs again on Saturday only has a few days.

6 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Strange that a Fife referee was given this tie 

3 pens seems a bit excessive ?

Fairly sure Grant Irvine is a Glasgow referee...

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Still think Brechin will be favourites whoever they meet in Final. They've been training and playing for months which will count for fitness and sharpness; they've now got a week to rest and prepare, having also known since last midweek their last 2 games were dead-rubbers, while whoever prevails after going at it hammer-n-tongs again on Saturday only has a few days.

Kelty v Brechin on Tuesday/Saturday then? Not much notice, though at least the pyramid play-off winner is at home. Wonder if they would've made Brechin go to Brora on a Tuesday night...

I seem to recall the Shire had a couple of weeks to prepare for the play off against us while we went in to the matches not long after beating Cove.

While it's not done yet I wondered if the lack of matches might have hindered Beira although I imagine they've been playing friendlies. Kelty at least got half a Lowland League season 

Oh well .. don't remember seeing any decent boozers in Kelty so Wee Jimmy's and then  bus up the road next season?

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I seem to recall the Shire had a couple of weeks to prepare for the play off against us while we went in to the matches not long after beating Cove.

While it's not done yet I wondered if the lack of matches might have hindered Beira although I imagine they've been playing friendlies. Kelty at least got half a Lowland League season 

Oh well .. don't remember seeing any decent boozers in Kelty so Wee Jimmy's and then  bus up the road next season?

The Kings at Kelty Cross has been refurbished and I hear it’s fairly decent. 

In a play-off game? Fucking twat [emoji23]

It's literally named after a guy who did it in a shoot-out in the European Championship final. Higginbotham himself scored one as a last minute equaliser against Celtic for us.