Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

We came up with most of our Lowland League squad intact and it was a step too far for a few of them that season. Cove were able to spend money getting experienced players in plus whatever you may think of him Paul Hartley is a fairly experienced Scottish League manager.

Low crowds are perhaps due to having to share at a ground that isn't particularly easy to get to and with no decent pubs near by. Perhaps crowds will get better when we return to Meadowbank. Unless you suggest we f**k off to Livingston and go bust four times? 

Compared to our L2 rivals I think we do all right crowdwise as League new boys. 

As for doing nothing that season we did nurture the talent that is future Scotland captain Ryan Porteous when he was on loan and gave Derek Riordan his swansong...

I’m a big admirer as an outsider of how Edinburgh appear to be run, building themselves gradually, laying solid foundations both on and off the field. However Ryan Porteous as a future Scotland captain is stretching it a bit😳

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I’m a big admirer as an outsider of how Edinburgh appear to be run, building themselves gradually, laying solid foundations both on and off the field. However Ryan Porteous as a future Scotland captain is stretching it a bit😳

TBF I should have put quotation marks round that- it was a popular Hibee belief when he broke through... 

Brechin is a great away day, although marred by lack of a non-steam railway station. 

Brora as a town is utter pish although you could always visit Clynelish if you made a weekend of it.

Kelty - nuh

I'm all for the pyramid but come back to me when it's a Linlithgow/Forress looking to empty Annan. 

There is only one derby for me and I suspect for most if not all Blue Brazil fans and that is our136 year old  rivalry with the Townies. I believe yours is against East Fife!🤣

Unless you actually start winning some games your rivals will be Hill of Beath not Dunfermline [emoji23]

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

We came up with most of our Lowland League squad intact and it was a step too far for a few of them that season. Cove were able to spend money getting experienced players in plus whatever you may think of him Paul Hartley is a fairly experienced Scottish League manager.

Low crowds are perhaps due to having to share at a ground that isn't particularly easy to get to and with no decent pubs near by. Perhaps crowds will get better when we return to Meadowbank. Unless you suggest we f**k off to Livingston and go bust four times? 

Compared to our L2 rivals I think we do all right crowdwise as League new boys. 

As for doing nothing that season we did nurture the talent that is future Scotland captain Ryan Porteous when he was on loan and gave Derek Riordan his swansong...

You seem to be missing the point I was making (and I admit I could be wrong about this) but the chat round the Edinburgh pubs at the time was that some new money had come into Edinburgh City and that allowed them to sign a new squad for their second season in the SPFL.  Without that money they’d still have pretty much the same finances and squad and would still be struggling at the bottom of the division if not relegated.  They aren’t bringing in money from other means as they have no ground.

This was in response to the guy that said Edinburgh have done not too bad since promotion.  I think it’s only since they’ve had this external investment, not promotion.  They’re less financially doped than the likes of Cove or potentially Kelty but it still happened.

On 01/05/2021 at 08:26, SuperCowden said:

Brechin for sure . Need this old traditional teams in our Scottish leagues . Kelty will definitely make it interesting if they get promoted but they will be backed heavily and will end up going the cove and Queen’s Park . Approach as soon as they reach league 2 . Will be heavy recruitment 

8 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I do have a problem in principle with the Division 2 play offs as presently constituted with  ' new '  clubs  attempting to buy their way into the SPFL.. 

FWIW, which isn't much, Brora are considerably older than Brechin.

IMO football is a meritocracy and a club that's won 15 of their last 120 league matches over 4 seasons, and has finished bottom of their division in each of those seasons, deserves to go down and give someone else a crack. And maybe some time in a league closer their level will be good for them.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

The more Highland and Lowland teams get in, the better the chance of expanding the pyramid system so that relegation isn't dependent on a playoff. I'll take either or over Brechin, but I'd prefer Brora.

For those of you who don’t speakada ugly sisters Klingon, he would rather that Brora gained promotion instead of the other candidates as a large pyramid would be built in their honour. 

Played at all 3 grounds through the late 80s and early 90s. Talking about the travelling, just the once against Brora in early 1993 I think. Set of at 9am from Dundee reeking of drink after a night in Fat Sam's. Professionalism at its best. The seagulls are the size of albatrosses. Lovely place.
Think Brora have the best team of the 3 currently and get my approval.
Amazing looking at who was in that Highland league that year.
Elgin City won title and were stripped if it. Cove second. Caley fourth. Ross County 5th. Peterhead 14th.
Some progression.

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Played at all 3 grounds through the late 80s and early 90s. Talking about the travelling, just the once against Brora in early 1993 I think. Set of at 9am from Dundee reeking of drink after a night in Fat Sam's. Professionalism at its best. The seagulls are the size of albatrosses. Lovely place.
Think Brora have the best team of the 3 currently and get my approval.
Amazing looking at who was in that Highland league that year.
Elgin City won title and were stripped if it. Cove second. Caley fourth. Ross County 5th. Peterhead 14th.
Some progression.

30/01/1993 - Brora Rangers 1-1 Deveronvale

Stuart Sutherland equalised for Brora after Nigel Montgomery had given Vale the lead as half time approached. Bit of an arsehole of a season for both sides. Vale started like a train but ran out of puff, while Brora scored hunners of goals but were completely uninterested in keeping a clean sheet. The previous meeting between the two that season ended 4-4. 

9 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

For those of you who don’t speakada ugly sisters Klingon, he would rather that Brora gained promotion instead of the other candidates as a large pyramid would be built in their honour. 

You posted and deleted three other replies to this and decided to keep this one up? Bad decision making tbh

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

30/01/1993 - Brora Rangers 1-1 Deveronvale

Stuart Sutherland equalised for Brora after Nigel Montgomery had given Vale the lead as half time approached. Bit of an arsehole of a season for both sides. Vale started like a train but ran out of puff, while Brora scored hunners of goals but were completely uninterested in keeping a clean sheet. The previous meeting between the two that season ended 4-4. 

Cheers Shaker

That indeed was the game.

Lossie finished the heady heights of 3rd that season

Edited by superbigal

Brora were not far behind Cove in their final Highland League season. Cove have for most of this season 7 or 8 players who played in the Highland League in their starting lineup. A couple of long term injuries to Milne and Masson have cut that number recently. 

Going on how well Cove have done in the league should give Brora confidence.

Kelty are a strong side in what should be a stronger league although Scottish Cup results this season would tend to refute that.

Brechin have shown glimpses of form in recent weeks but can they head off either side. I doubt it although “honest mistakes” from the officials may play a part. I doubt it though over two legs.

Brora just for me but Kelty will be tough.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Cheers Shaker

That indeed was the game.

Lossie finished the heady heights of 3rd that season

Lossie could well have won the league had we not been a complete waste of space through winter. Finished with 9 wins on the spin and 11 wins and a draw from our last 14 games, but - as ever - took f**k all off Clach and generally hated the cold weather.

Vale's biggest problem seemed to be keeping a manager for long enough that year. Think they went through one every three months that year. 

20 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Morton might get to play against them soon.

Like the Brora side we played twice against in the past eighteen months? 

I'd be worrying far more about your own club's current drain-circling routine than one transitioning between ownership models two full levels above you. 

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Brechin is a great away day, although marred by lack of a non-steam railway station. 

Brora as a town is utter pish although you could always visit Clynelish if you made a weekend of it.

Kelty - nuh

I'm all for the pyramid but come back to me when it's a Linlithgow/Forress looking to empty Annan. 

Annan is an excellent away day, a good ground and a good social club as well. Honking shout. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Like the Brora side we played twice against in the past eighteen months? 

I'd be worrying far more about your own club's current drain-circling routine than one transitioning between ownership models two full levels above you. 

Cowden are where they are due to their circumstances. Anything better is punching above their weight. A description that hasn’t been applied to Greenock Morton for a long, long time.

57 minutes ago, big al said:

Cowden are where they are due to their circumstances. Anything better is punching above their weight. .

You're twenty league places below Arbroath and nearly fifteen below Montrose because of 'circumstances', yet were a similar distance above both within the last decade?

That's a circling the drain attitude right there.

A description that hasn’t been applied to Greenock Morton for a long, long time.

Hence why we're emptying our useless owners and running the club on a different basis from next season with any luck.