Brechin, Kelty or Brora?

Brechin City, Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to win the L2 play offs

• The Glebe Park Massive
    • The Kelty Clippies
    • Brora Ra Ra

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 21:05

Brechin - I wouldn't trust the Brechin 'committee' to run a bath, so having them in the league would mean even if Swift is a disaster, we won't go down.

Brora - Long train trip with a few beers. Yes please

Kelty - I imagine it's a more deprived Cowdenbeath (if such a thing is possible) managed by a Ned, supported by The Rangers fans without the bus fare. Would rather stick my penis in a blender

Has anybody checked out train times to/from Brora? Just had a look on Scotrail.

It’s a 2 day outing. Maybe no a bad thing?

And your lookin at £150-£200 quid. 

A hivnae looked at advance bookin tho.

Edited by Lawro

I've been up to Brora twice. The first was the conclusion to a summer trip of munro climbing which coincided with a Clyde pre-season tour (ironically organised by Barry Ferguson). As such, it didn't really have the journey associated with it. It was pleasant enough, everyone at the ground was nice but as a town it is indeed very small. The only place we could find for a drink before catching the train into Inverness was a wee pub in a hotel, and we had to wait for that to be opened by someone who had been at the game. I'm sure someone can look up facts and figures but it would surely be the smallest town in the leagues. 

A year later, I drove to Brora for a Scottish cup tie in my wife's Fiat 500 and I think my posture is still suffering from it nearly 5 years later (a reflection of the car mainly). I'm sure a few other fans had serious problems with their train journeys as well, the various connections didn't quite match up, indeed, at the time, I think it required at least one overnight stop to be sure of making the game. It's also basically impossible to get up there on a week night after work. I don't mind the trips to Elgin/Peterhead but Brora is really far away. I'd rather save it for a Scottish cup trip.

We haven't travelled to Brechin since 2011 and it does have that bit of nostalgia attached. It was where we were 45 mins from the old SPL in 2004, we started our season under Graham Roberts there. There was a few locals we knew to talk to given the lack of segregation at the majority of our meetings. Wouldn't mind going back at all, though I'd agree they're chancing it a bit after four consecutive 10th place finishes.

I have no feelings really on Kelty other than the fact I hate going to Cowdenbeath. I'm not bothered about Barry Ferguson, or them spending cash. I'd absolutely rather they come up than EK and think they deserve credit for jumping ship ahead of the other junior sides.

So in summary, I hope Peterhead thrash Dumbarton on Tuesday and it's their problem.

My opinion also but maybe I’m a bit blinded by traditionalism and I will always stand up against those who bash Central park and Cliftonhill- yes they have their faults and the criticism is somewhat justified for lack of improvement in facilities. Edinburgh and Cove are in the senior game on merit but in terms of match experience it’s like watching  a game at the sports centre.
Edinburgh are in the league on the merit of a dodgy penalty near the end of the 2nd leg v shire

Cove are in the league on the merit of their bank balance

43 minutes ago, Lawro said:

Has anybody checked out train times to/from Brora? Just had a look on Scotrail.

It’s a 2 day outing. Maybe no a bad thing?

And your lookin at £150-£200 quid. 

A hivnae looked at advance bookin tho.

As someone who has done Inverness away via Mallaig, Portree and Kyle of Lochalsh, and Ross County via Wick I for one welcome compulsory two day away journeys to Scottish football. 

It was £75 return or similar for the midweek Scottish Cup replay Morton had up there last season. No advance available because there was ten days or something between the two games, but with good planning you could get it for £30 or so from Glasgow I reckon. 

33 minutes ago, David W said:

It was pleasant enough, everyone at the ground was nice but as a town it is indeed very small. The only place we could find for a drink before catching the train into Inverness was a wee pub in a hotel, and we had to wait for that to be opened by someone who had been at the game.

There's a decent social club at the ground though perhaps it wasn't opened for a midweek friendly. 

Edited by vikingTON

13 minutes ago, Lawro said:

That’s fine if you’ve got the time. Some of us are busy.

You can't complain too much about your busy schedule if you are already block booking 18 Saturdays a year to traipse around the country to watch a game of football tbh. It is not grounds to want Brora to stay out of the national league in favour of Kelty. 

Elgin v Annan cannot be far off a two-day trip by public transport within the current fourth tier incidentally.

Edited by vikingTON

Nah. Elgin and Annan are proven day trips. I have done jobs in both locations as daily tasks. I have also done overnights in Wick and Thurso. Don’t get me wrong. I’ll drive to Brora to add the ground to the list ( I’ve driven past it through the night when comms infrastructure has failed). Good luck to them. No problem to me. 

I was asked for my preference and I gave evidence to support that. 

Whoever wins deserves the respect.

Edited by Lawro

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Edinburgh are in the league on the merit of a dodgy penalty near the end of the 2nd leg v shire

Cove are in the league on the merit of their bank balance

It was a definite penalty, it was right in front of me

Careful now- it can be argued (by seething Berwick fans) that Rovers are still in the league thanks to a dodgy decision to award you points...

Edited by tamthebam

I've been to Dudgeon Park when City faced Brora in our first play off (the season the Mo just stayed up and look where they are now). I made a weekend of it. It's actually better to drive as the road goes straight across the Firths than the railway which meanders a bit 

It was interesting that the terracing there was still ash at the time and any ground improvements had been funded by the Football Trust according to a plaque in the ground and pre dated the wealthy backer getting involved. Kelty's backers have at least put money into the ground as well as the team although I would imagine Dudgeon Park has been spruced up in the last 5 years. I didn't care for Brora much but maybe that's because the then manager Billy Kirkwood was an ungracious fud. Highland clubs do give you good hospitality so I'm willing to change my mind.

Kelty as a place isn't as bad as you might think. It's no Lochore anyway.

1 minute ago, Lawro said:

I thought Central Park, Kelty was a Fife Council owned property? Coz Fife Provist Jim Leishman is a Kelty man?

Well if it is Rosyth Rec might be wondering why all that council money has been spent on Kelty while they're stuck in a cage.

2 million quid allegedly. Fife Cooncil hinnae even spent that on Cowdenbeath as a toon recently.

Edited by Lawro

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Well if it is Rosyth Rec might be wondering why all that council money has been spent on Kelty while they're stuck in a cage.

They could be there for a while, Lidl are reneging on conditions on the old site so the Council have slowed down planning.

Since Brora can't send some of their first team regulars on foreign holidays this time around, I'm going to say Brora to win the play offs.

Redemption.

Brora 3 - 1 Kelty

Kelty 1 - 1 Brora

Brora 2 - 1 Brechin

Brechin 1 - 2 Brora

10 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Brechin - I wouldn't trust the Brechin 'committee' to run a bath, so having them in the league would mean even if Swift is a disaster, we won't go down.

Brora - Long train trip with a few beers. Yes please

Kelty - I imagine it's a more deprived Cowdenbeath (if such a thing is possible) managed by a Ned, supported by The Rangers fans without the bus fare. Would rather stick my penis in a blender

🤣🤣🤣