Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

4 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Once we get by Raith with 2 easy wins, I think we'll then be able to step it up a gear for the games against real opposition. 

Bait GIF

I see on Dunfermline's website their preview of the game utterly ignores the 5-1 defeat.
They're obviously in denial.
Dont see us releasing a DVD of the game anytime soon.

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
I see on Dunfermline's website their preview of the game utterly ignores the 5-1 defeat.
They're obviously in denial.

Dont see us releasing a DVD of the game anytime soon.

Worth noting also that McGlynn was asked if this was the biggest Fife Derby he'd been involved in and he didn't refer to the 2010 title decider at all. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Worth noting also that McGlynn was asked if this was the biggest Fife Derby he'd been involved in and he didn't refer to the 2010 title decider at all. 

You should have read the article, the context was the history of games between the clubs.

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Meh, not a shocker than in the biased previews from both clubs they've chosen to focus on the good fife derby memories in the attempt to drum up interest in hype. 

For Dunfermline the 5-1 game absolutely happened, although in a bizarre turn of events we in turn didn't lose again until we put out a weakened side against Alloa at the weekend there, Raith don't seem to have hit anywhere near those heights and are coming off two defeats. 

For McGlynn the 2011 game was the bigger game, and probably the biggest Fife Derby there has been in recent memory, with the one in the early 90s at Starks also a big un. It's not a shock McGlynn won't want to talk about it because truthfully he had a bit of a shocker on the day, and on the run up, but that's been well discussed. 

Edited by Grant228

Not fussed about coming off the back of defeats.  We went into the 2016 playoffs with the best form of anyone in a league that contained Hibs and Rangers,  and still went out with our usual wimper.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Meh, not a shocker than in the biased previews from both clubs they've chosen to focus on the good fife derby memories in the attempt to drum up interest in hype. 

For Dunfermline the 5-1 game absolutely happened, although in a bizarre turn of events we in turn didn't lose again until we put out a weakened side against Alloa at the weekend there, Raith don't seem to have hit anywhere near those heights and are coming off two defeats. 

For McGlynn the 2011 game was the bigger game, and probably the biggest Fife Derby there has been in recent memory, with the one in the early 90s at Starks also a big un. It's not a shock McGlynn won't want to talk about it because truthfully he had a bit of a shocker on the day, and on the run up, but that's been well discussed. 

We outplayed Livingston for an hour in the Cup. The 2-1 defeat at Dens was the tale of two "penalties"

Edited by Raith_Raver

The thing about the Premiership play off system is that at the quarter final stage promotion seems so far away still that a bit of edge is taken off the occasion, although the fact this is a derby does compensate a bit for that. 

If Matthews is indeed back, this game tomorrow will be the first time since the 5-1 that we'll be able to have our midfield diamond back in its proper form, and Friday night was the first time we'd gotten Vaughan and Gullan back together too (barring an injury-interrupted 40 minutes at Livingston).

Unfortunately, without Musonda I don't think that's going to be enough, but it gives us a proper shot. 

The striking quality that the Pars have got gives me the fear. Over the two legs they're going to get chances, and our defence isn't at its best. Ultimately, if we had any one of McManus, O'Hara or (cough) Wighton, they'd have started 90% of matches this season, ahead of any of the rotating cast of misfiring number 9s that we've had all year. 

Great to have Matthews back but our defence still gives me the fear.  Since surrendering second place I’ve kind of resigned myself that were not going up so it’s just about whether we lose to the Pars or Dundee. Maybe that’s too pessimistic but it’s definitely dampened my enthusiasm for this game. Slightly odd that given we finished higher in the league and beat them 5-1 just a few weeks ago, that it feels feel like we are the underdogs here. Having said all that I’ll be ready to go tomorrow night. Any Rovers fan choosing some shit boring Champions League game instead of watching or even listening on the radio is frankly bizarre. 

Guest Axle Grease
7 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Excited about this now, hopefully we don’t shit the bed massively.

Don't worry the Pars will shit your bed for you. 

Can't see us winning over these 2 legs given the majority of shite-bag performances we've produced this season under Crawford. 

Obviously I hope I'm wrong. 

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Great to have Matthews back but our defence still gives me the fear.  Since surrendering second place I’ve kind of resigned myself that were not going up so it’s just about whether we lose to the Pars or Dundee. Maybe that’s too pessimistic but it’s definitely dampened my enthusiasm for this game. Slightly odd that given we finished higher in the league and beat them 5-1 just a few weeks ago, that it feels feel like we are the underdogs here. Having said all that I’ll be ready to go tomorrow night. Any Rovers fan choosing some shit boring Champions League game instead of watching or even listening on the radio is frankly bizarre. 

You’ve resigned yourself that we’re not going up but you’re going to watch it anyway. But anyone who want to avoid  this disappointment is bizarre. The logic of football fans in puzzling.

For me, I watch when I can be bothered. If I can’t be bothered, I don’t. It’s a simple system but it works for me.