Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

This team deserves absolutely f*ck all, but rules are rules. Not sure I agree with the set up though. Should be 2nd btotom v us tonight and winner play between Dundee and Raith, a la every other fucking league in the system. 

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

You’ve resigned yourself that we’re not going up but you’re going to watch it anyway. But anyone who want to avoid  this disappointment is bizarre. The logic of football fans in puzzling.

For me, I watch when I can be bothered. If I can’t be bothered, I don’t. It’s a simple system but it works for me.

There’s a difference between my pessimism expecting promotion to be a step too far and not wanting to watch a play off game just in case I get disappointed. If you follow that logic I’d have given the League Cup Final in 94 a miss as we were expected to lose.  

I’m both dreading and excited  for this game. It’s our biggest game of the season and I still don’t understand any Rovers fan watching some tedious Champions League instead.

Edited by roverthemoon

This team deserves absolutely f*ck all, but rules are rules. Not sure I agree with the set up though. Should be 2nd btotom v us tonight and winner play between Dundee and Raith, a la every other fucking league in the system. 

Aye fully agree, the playoffs from Championship to the Premiership is nonsense. That should be the way! I’d also go as far to say it should be a natural ground 1 leg, semi & 1 leg final.

As for how I’m doing, I am absolutely shiting it! No matter how we are doing with form and/or injuries, I’ve got a buzz, but I’m proper nervous about tonight! Few beers as I’m off work for the rest of the week.
I’d opt for something like this tonight:

JMac
Tumilty Davo(/Cooney) Bene KMac
Hendry
Matthews. Spencer
Kennedy(/Tait)
Gooooollan Vaughan

4 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Aye fully agree, the playoffs from Championship to the Premiership is nonsense. That should be the way! I’d also go as far to say it should be a natural ground 1 leg, semi & 1 leg final.

As for how I’m doing, I am absolutely shiting it! No matter how we are doing with form and/or injuries, I’ve got a buzz, but I’m proper nervous about tonight! Few beers as I’m off work for the rest of the week.
I’d opt for something like this tonight:

JMac
Tumilty Davo(/Cooney) Bene KMac
Hendry
Matthews. Spencer
Kennedy(/Tait)
Gooooollan Vaughan

Also shitting it, especially at the thought of Davo and Bene. Hopefully another McGlynn masterclass and the midfield control the game like they did in the 5-1 and take the pressure off them. 

Not expecting much from this tonight.

I think we have a good first 11, which can really turn it on... but the quality tails off pretty sharp, both up top and at the back as soon as you have a couple of injuries or suspensions.

We have looked less than brilliant over the last couple of games as well.

Potentially having our first choice midfield back is an advantage for us , but even so Crawford won't play a formation that leaves us with the extra man in tonnes of space in the middle, like in the first half at Starks.... and even if he did there is no guarantee we will make good on it.

I suspect this is a bit far for this squad now, tbh.

Guest Axle Grease
3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Dunfermline will go through after 2 legs. Just how it is 

Oh okay then. I happen to disagree. 

We're pretty rank being honest. 

Although we are shite, we do have a very good record at EEP against the Wee Team. Can think of 2 defeats at home since the turn of the millennium. Might be 3 but can’t be arsed double checking that one.

15 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Great if we did but next season's Championship already has some great away days in it to soften the blow if we don't. 

Does it? 

I reckon Raith will thump us tbh, someone posted above about us not leaving Raith with an extra man in the middle, I fully expect us to play Declan McManus in centre mid tonight, we're fucked. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Does it? 

I reckon Raith will thump us tbh, someone posted above about us not leaving Raith with an extra man in the middle, I fully expect us to play Declan McManus in centre mid tonight, we're fucked. 

We haven't exactly been at the races lately.

25 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I'm looking forward to the game tonight but if I'm honest I don't think we'll have enough in the tank to go up. 

Great if we did but next season's Championship already has some great away days in it to soften the blow if we don't. 

Replacing Hamilton for Tynecastle takes away any glamour from gaining Partick over Alloa

We will get dominated in midfield. Completely neglected area of the team.

Really can't see us winning over two legs with the current management team and non-existent midfield.....oh and the worst keeper in the league.

Edited by Chubbychops

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Does it? 

McManus, Wighton and O'Hara all start. Is this what's happening? I haven't been paying much attention to the Pars' line-ups recently - has he had a few runs out in midfield? Seems like madness on the face of it. 

The Rovers line-up, on the other hand, is exactly the one everyone could've predicted. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

McManus, Wighton and O'Hara all start. Is this what's happening? I haven't been paying much attention to the Pars' line-ups recently - has he had a few runs out in midfield? Seems like madness on the face of it. 

The Rovers line-up, on the other hand, is exactly the one everyone could've predicted. 

Yep, tbf that is exactly the lineup I predicted, its just dreadful. 

Vytas being dropped is the wrong shout.

Wilson not on the bench still...

Wighton has to start up top with O'Hara. Such a waste of them if either is out wide.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Gaspuitis being dropped is harsh from Crawford IMO. Awk well. Let’s be ‘avin yer.

IMG_6587.jpg

We won't be liend up like this. 

It'll be a 442,with O'Hara upfront with Wighton upfront, Henderson on the left and McManus in centre mid. 

Having been absolutely dominated by Raith in midfield in the last game I'd love to know Crawfords thoughts.