Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

Yeah, certainly no suggestion we outclassed Dunfermline today. The first half wasn't great but we were better in the second and we took the chances when they came. Once we scored there was only going to be one winner. 

You can argue we should've lost mid-week and I can't argue with that. Dunfermline had several big chances and fluffed them, but that game is irrelevant, really. Poised at 0-0, everything was on this game and Dunfermline didn't show enough today to win it. I thought the set up was probably right and that Crawford had us figured out given how the first 45 went; I'd stand by that. That we ran out victorious doesn't mean that they set up was wrong, but merely that we took our chances when they arrived.

I would really rather Mendy didn't start against Dundee, so hopefully Davidson is OK. 

To lose this tie would've put a massive dampener on what has been a season that has exceeded expectations, so it's been a very pleasing day. There is a long way to go in these playoffs but let's see where we get to. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Well done to the Rovers. Nothing to fear playing Dundee over 2 legs.

For us, it was the same old story. A decent manager (McGlynn) with the squad we have would have finished higher in the league for starters. I've been scunnered with fitba and the Pars for a good few months now due to not getting to games and watching shite streams on my iPad and it worries me that I'm not even that arsed tonight.

TBF what MCGlynn has achieved with the Rovers on the budget in my eyes makes him more than just a decent manager

Honestly thought this tie was lost for Dunfermline after the first leg. Pars had chances to win that game and didn’t take them. After not taking the chances your luck is normally out. Overall great to get through and let’s see how we get on against Dundee. Rebuild for the Pars for next season and if we’re in the same league (probably) I’ll look forward to a Derby game with fans. Enjoy your summer Pars fans and even if you’re feeling down just laugh at Falkirk.

25 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Honestly thought this tie was lost for Dunfermline after the first leg. Pars had chances to win that game and didn’t take them. After not taking the chances your luck is normally out. Overall great to get through and let’s see how we get on against Dundee. Rebuild for the Pars for next season and if we’re in the same league (probably) I’ll look forward to a Derby game with fans. Enjoy your summer Pars fans and even if you’re feeling down just laugh at Falkirk.

Complete opposite for me. I felt that we were stick on to get a result and had next to no nerves throughout the game which is unusual for a derby. 

Raith were slightly less shite than us. The only silver lining is the investors will see this "manager" for the fucking imposter he is and get rid hopefully by Monday.

Not one Dunfermline player looked hurt by that result or during the latter part of the game.

Change now or I'll no be buying another season ticket

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh ya beezer that first touch from Vaughan 😍 The presence of mind to lift it over the keeper instead of just smashing it is phenomenal. You're probably talking 90% guarantee of a goal if he just melts it, but he makes absolutely sure. What a pler. 

Aye it’s the sheer audacity of it. One of those ones that if there was a crowd he would probably have tripped over the keeper and it would go out for a goal kick. No disputing the finish from Gozie though. Deemed not good enough by a certain few on here. Every goal hes scored this season has been an important one. John Kens. Ken?

Oh ya beezer that first touch from Vaughan [emoji7] The presence of mind to lift it over the keeper instead of just smashing it is phenomenal. You're probably talking 90% guarantee of a goal if he just melts it, but he makes absolutely sure. What a pler. 
Didn't even realise at the time how much of a beautiful touch he had taken. It looked to me like he had taken a dodgy touch before putting it in. Got to love the wee man's love of ripping the absolute pish out of them[emoji23]

In his last three games against the Pars at Stark's Park, Lewis Vaughan has gone from a hat-trick to a double to a single. 

Am I the only one spotting a worrying trend here? 

The boy needs to get his act together quickly 😉

In his last three games against the Pars at Stark's Park, Lewis Vaughan has gone from a hat-trick to a double to a single. 
Am I the only one spotting a worrying trend here? 
The boy needs to get his act together quickly [emoji6]
3-2-1 and injury free? Beautiful trend. 3 games, 3 wins. What's not to love.

Oh ya beezer that first touch from Vaughan [emoji7] The presence of mind to lift it over the keeper instead of just smashing it is phenomenal. You're probably talking 90% guarantee of a goal if he just melts it, but he makes absolutely sure. What a pler. 

Aye absolute beauty as to be fair to Fon Williams he’s doing exactly what a decent keeper should be doing in that situation and making it difficult. Vaughan anticipates that and lifts it instead of lashing it at the goal not giving Fon Williams the chance to save it.