Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

Hope the Fifers beat Dundee.

Pars were the better team, until they weren't.  If you don't score when you're on top you don't deserve to win games.  We were on top in the first leg and didn't convert.  We were on top in the first half of this leg and didn't convert, so we're going to get punished if we let one in.

I think Stevie has done enough to stay, but there's a lot of vitriol floating about.  Next season should be a league that anyone can win, but time for a couple of days off before worrying about the Euros.

Over the last tie and until half time I thought we were a bit fortunate to still be in it.  The last 45 was all about who could take their chances and who could battle their way through and hold their nerve.

Superb, really pleased with that after the disappointment of last week.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sigh.

Thought we were decent first half and were probably the better team.

Sadly we didn't match that second half. The goal was very silly to give away and we didn't react well to it. 

There was no urgency when we went behind. We went out with a meek acceptance of mediocrity.

Anyway, congratulations to Raith and good luck against Dundee.

I felt in the second half the high press of the pars ran out of steam which gave us more space and time but like yourself I was surprised the pars didn’t have a go after losing the first goal would appear there heads just dropped maybe . 

Rovers have shitfested 1 and a half games here before turning out in the final quarter. It's how to win a 2 legged affair, however we were fucking fortunate the pars couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Superb, really pleased with that after the disappointment of last week.

That is a great point. After a 4-0 (going on 6/7) thumping and throwing away 2nd place to bounce back a few days later with back to back clean sheets is a fantastic reaction, especially with such a young side.

I think Stevie has done enough to stay,

Humped out the Scottish Cup by Raith
Out the first round of the Scottish Cup every season he’s been in charge
Finished below Arbroath season 19-20
Beaten 5-1 by Raith
Humped out the play-offs by Raith at first attempt
Worst away form in a generation season 20-21

He has not done anything close to positive, on the pitch. He has a good eye for signings, but he is not a manager. He absolutely has to go. There is no case for him staying in charge.

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Rovers have shitfested 1 and a half games here before turning out in the final quarter. It's how to win a 2 legged affair, however we were fucking fortunate the pars couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. 

Sometimes you just get the luck. Will it continue against Dundee? Who knows. What we do know is that the record book shows we won 2-0 and it'll never say how or in what manner that score was achieved.😉

Edited by embow

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I hope we can shitfest ourselves all the way  lol 😉

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Fucking get in. Outclassed the Pats today. That Ugwu goal. Amazing. And Lewis Vaughan scoring. AGAIN. Brilliant. Mon the wee team

Didn't even think you were the better team. Never mind ''outclassed''.  

Rovers have played some great football this season and I congratulate you on a fantastic win all the same.

Rovers never outclassed us today. Rovers took a chance outside the box and it fell to your danger man. We had no answer to the goal. We had more than enough chances over the two games to go through and completely failed. Crawford for you though. Absolute loser and that will be his legacy: slowly turning us in to a mid-table team just happy to get the odd shot at a promotion play-off every odd season. What you expect a team like QoS or Morton to be happy with. Not good enough for this club and major change needed.

Rovers never outclassed us today. Rovers took a chance outside the box and it fell to your danger man. We had no answer to the goal. We had more than enough chances over the two games to go through and completely failed. Crawford for you though. Absolute loser and that will be his legacy: slowly turning us in to a mid-table team just happy to get the odd shot at a promotion play-off every season.

No mention of the magnificent 2nd goal? Reminiscent of Lewis Vaughan’s Scottish Cup goal against you - 2 defenders bumbling alongside the striker until he wellies it from distance into the onion bag.

Yeah I'm sure anyone saying we outclassed the Pars is just a bit carried away after the result. I didn't watch the first match but judging by the highlights 0-0 was as good as we could've got and although we looked alright in the first half today the Pars looked more likely. It's almost certain that if the two sides swapped goalkeepers they'd have gotten through quite comfortably. 

More worryingly of you're of a Pars persuasion, that team seem to have very little fight in them in adversity and that's the biggest thing they need to address. 

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Didn't even think you were the better team. Never mind ''outclassed''.  

Rovers have played some great football this season and I congratulate you on a fantastic win all the same.

Over the two legs, we weren't the better team imho but it's an absolute irrelevance. We took our chances when they came up and that is the deciding factor. It wasn't pretty and both teams stifled each other to a large degree. Dunfermline created some excellent chances but there was also an element that they didn't want to take any risks or make any mistakes. Excellent finishes from both Vaughan and Ugwu to get the job done. Gozie in particular stayed calm under pressure in a goal that was (as mentioned before) a carbon copy of Vaughan's third in the Scottish Cup.  

I know we finished clear in third place but it can't be stated how much of an achievement it is that we're in the semi-finals given how some people wrote us off before a ball was kicked. I'd be astonished if we got through to the finals but there's a chance we can do it. As for Dunfermline, you'd have to imagine they'll struggle unless they punt Crawford. He's utterly squandered the resources he has. 

Didn't Tade score a similar goal against the Pars?

Not too dissimilar, though Gozie’s was more of a brute force volley than Tade’s which was more measured with the instep.

Just to clarify, Vaughan took the time to dink the ball over OFW before tapping into the net?