Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

Craig Levein reckons Raith are now favourites, but only because of 'the astroturf'. 

Utter dinosaur.

Anyway, Crawford is a massive, massive shitebag in away games and will have us shitting it well before the game and will have us set us ultra defensively.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Craig Levein reckons Raith are now favourites, but only because of 'the astroturf'. 

Utter dinosaur.

Just watched McGlynn's interview on Raith TV from EEP and the pitch looks shite.

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Pitch is usually shite by this stage of the season

I'm not trying to criticise the pitch as such, just agreeing with Levein's point that Raith are likely to play much better on their own surface

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm not trying to criticise the pitch as such, just agreeing with Levein's point that Raith are likely to play much better on their own surface

We'll see. Not much between the teams and I don't think the pitch will matter. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter dinosaur.

A better pitch will suit Raith, that coupled with the fact that Raith will just be more used to there own pitch... 

It's home advantage, pretty well accepted. 

I don't know, we couldn't string two passes together on 'the astro' on Friday night so it's not a given we'll suddenly click. 

Its about 6 games since our last good performance. However, it's now a one off match at home to see who goes through so that's about as good an outcome as could've been expected in terms of the first leg. 

If/when Rovers win, I honestly don't think I'll have any hard feelings. Despite a recent slump in form, they've absolutely smashed (possibly) everyone's expectations for this season. The two games against us so far at Stark's Park they've played some cracking football and some of the highlights I've caught in other games have surprised me. For me, Rovers have always been a bunch of hammer throwers but they've got away from that this year. 

Saying that though, if we somehow manage to sneak into the semi final there'll be no bedsheets left to write on because I'll have came over the whole fucking lot.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Crawford is a massive, massive shitebag in away games and will have us shitting it well before the game

Please consider getting some new patter this was old and tedious 10 weeks ago, it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't repeat it multiple times on every match thread home and away 😴

I thought before the game that we needed big performances from Thomas, Wighton and Henderson and sadly only Henderson delivered. We failed to exert any continuous pressure on Raith's goal and we failed to get in  behind their defence. At no time did we overload their defence or get them turning. They looked pretty composed throughout. Raith seemed happy to let us play in front of their defence. Crawford adopted a three quarters press  which failed to exert any pressure on the back four allowing them to play the ball around the back at will. Raith let the ball do the work whereas our players were having to work very hard.

I thought our chances were more or less "half chances "  other than O'Hara's at the end and maybe McManus in the first half. On the subject of McManus, Crawford stop wasting him in this role, his ability to contribute effectively to the game is severely curtailed despite his willingness.  I thought  Henderson, O'Hara  and Whitaker were our best performers. That was some shot from Whits that hit the crossbar in the first half and he did well to navigate the whole game after picking up a Yellow after  25 minutes. 

I dont think Raith set up to win that game so they will be pleased with the result. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter dinosaur.

Anyway, Crawford is a massive, massive shitebag in away games and will have us shitting it well before the game and will have us set us ultra defensively.

I'm sure he will have started his planning already for a Leveinesque attacking approach................. i.e. sort out who is taking penalties, cross fingers and throw chicken bones in the air to select a midfield

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

How. We were pumped 0-4 on our much vaunted Astroturf. We haven’t been at the races in the last 3 games. Dunfermline dominated us last night. I do t think we’ll be dominating anyone on our pitch on Saturday. We couldn’t pass a parcel for much that game last night. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

A better pitch will suit Raith, that coupled with the fact that Raith will just be more used to there own pitch... 

It's home advantage, pretty well accepted. 

I totally agree that Raith have the advantage now. My point was that it isn't because they play on an artificial pitch. So many teams do that it's a regular occurrence to play on them, so any perceived advantage that an artificial pitch brings is nonsense (the stuff about 'dodgy bounces' and how the ball 'doesn't run true' or 'sticks' etc, as if every single grass pitch is exactly the same).

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

Please consider getting some new patter this was old and tedious 10 weeks ago, it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't repeat it multiple times on every match thread home and away 😴

Once Crawford stops I'll stop. It isn't patter, it's what has been happening for the most part, save a few games.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong. I was for last night, as I thought we played pretty well and we're unfortunate to not score.

I gave Crawford allot of stick pre match for McManus in central midfield, but it absolutely worked. The much heralded midfield involving Hendry and Mathew's didn't get a sniff, with McManus leading the high press being a vital component of that. 

We surely can't play that bad again Saturday and not concede.

Or I suppose the Pars can't play that well again Saturday and not score!

There was maybe a maximum 15 minute spell second half when the Rovers were showcasing what they can do, other than that we weren't really at the races last night.  Saving ourselves for the weekend hopefully.

Offered a draw away from home before the game I would have taken it.  Absolutely delighted with the draw after the amount of chances squandered by Dunfermline.

Roll on Saturday!!