Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Can Davidson play on Saturday? An absolute fraud of a footballer and O’Hara got lots of joy from him. Frustrating night for Pars fans. Rovers looked tidy at times but they played in to our hands and we never punished them. So frustrating.

He should win his appeal, you'd think. He's pretty much finished but our best CB is injured and the other options are Mendy or the relatively untested Cooney.

The second half tonight gives me a bit of hope, but Davidson is still very much the weak link. Got away with it tonight but whether he will be so lucky again who knows. Not that Mendy is a better option.  A lot will depend on whether we can ride our luck at the back and dominate the midfield as we did in spells of the second half.  Tonight was nerve shredding enough especially all those chances for the Pars, but Saturday is going to be brutal. It will also be brilliant. Winner takes all over 90 or 120 minutes, or god forbid penalties. Can’t wait

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Would have been pleased with that at half time. Davo is still an absolute bomb scare though. Just too slow and too many errors. 

Gaffer post match seemed to think Davo did ok (along with Bene and Jamie Mac).

I'm still glad Davo was on the park given our options if he wasn't available. This two legged tie is tighter than a G string.......

...............on a guitar🥴

That was our best performance in months,  to not get a goal from it is quite Frustrating.  We all know how bad our away form is and that certainly makes winning at starks an unlikely prospect.  That said if we can play like that we might actually have a chance.

slightly more optimistic than I was this afternoon, but I don’t think we will have enough ultimately.

Edited by parsforlife

Got away with that a bit. Defending suspect as feared and we were far too guilty of giving the ball away and gifting Dunfermline chances. Davidson had too many heart in mouth moments and I had to remind myself a few times that our alternative is a man that literally ran away from the man he was supposed to be marking prior to us conceding our first last Friday. 

We weren't particularly convincing going forward. The longer ball predictably came straight back at us and we just couldn't make things happen in the final third. Whether it was nerves or just players being a bit below par I don't know, but we just didn't click. 

We need to be better on Saturday as I don't think we'll get away with defending like that again. However, I'd have taken the draw at HT given the way things were going. Hopefully Matthews is fine for Saturday.

We weathered it. Bring on another nerve shredder... 

Edited by Michael W

Fancy our chances on Saturday, to be honest. For Dunfermline to have all those chances and be the better team for the majority, despite what McGlynn said post match, and still not score against a central defensive pairing containing Iain Davidson says a lot for their attacking prowess. I might well be wrong, but I’d like to think that tonight was their chance.

It was our chance and we had plenty opportunities and never took them. On another day I think we could easily have scored 4 or 5 goals. We have won one away game all season so we have absolutely no chance on Saturday unless we shitfest a draw in 120 minutes and fluke the penalty shoot-out.

FAO Pars board: just do the right thing and hire Stewart Petrie next season ffs.

It was our chance and we had plenty opportunities and never took them. On another day I think we could easily have scored 4 or 5 goals. We have won one away game all season so we have absolutely no chance on Saturday unless we shitfest a draw in 120 minutes and fluke the penalty shoot-out.

FAO Pars board: just do the right thing and hire Stewart Petrie next season ffs.
Petrie would probably do something mental like play your best players in their best positions though. Unthinkable.

22 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We weren't particularly convincing going forward. The longer ball predictably came straight back at us and we just couldn't make things happen in the final third. Whether it was nerves or just players being a bit below par I don't know, but we just didn't click. 

We need to be better on Saturday as I don't think we'll get away with defending like that again. However, I'd have taken the draw at HT given the way things were going. Hopefully Matthews is fine for Saturday.

We weathered it. Bring on another nerve shredder... 

According to Sportsound the pitch was bumpy which didnt suit Rovers' passing game -  much as McGlynn said about Dens - and the Stark's pitch will give Rovers a big advantage on Saturday. Levein makes Rovers strong favourites now because of that.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Petrie would probably do something mental like play your best players in their best positions though. Unthinkable surely!

Ftfy!👍😊

Raith look far more like what a football team should look like but we could've won that by at least 3 goals. Football is mental.

Half time stalemate. Anything can happen but I've got a feeling we might sneak this 1-2

According to Sportsound the pitch was bumpy which didnt suit Rovers' passing game -  much as McGlynn said about Dens - and the Stark's pitch will give Rovers a big advantage on Saturday. Levein makes Rovers strong favourites now because of that.

Hard to tell on a stream, but given the amount of rain Dunfermline had today I thought the pitch looked remarkably good, despite the wiggly lines on the park.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Raith look far more like what a football team should look like but we could've won that by at least 3 goals. Football is mental.

Half time stalemate. Anything can happen but I've got a feeling we might sneak this 1-2

That's my fear. Your horrendous away record has to go out the window one of these games and I fear for it being this Saturday.🥺

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Can't say I noticed any bobbles. What we were however guilty of were passes with not enough weight on them. 

The one that really got me was Gullan in the box in the second half, when he trapped the ball six feet in the air. 

30 minutes ago, grumswall said:
38 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Petrie would probably do something mental like play your best players in their best positions though. Unthinkable.

You're allowed to do that?!