Raith v Dunfermline. Dunfermline v Raith

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:
For some bizarre reason McGlynn prefers the inept King

They play completely different roles. Bizzare to compare the two.

I'm aware of that. It depends on what formation he picks. He substituted  Mendy and brought on Armstrong on Friday - is Armstrong a central defender - was that "bizarre"?

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Any idea how much the PPV will be for this?

Saturday May 1st 2021

Prem-300x155.jpg

Raith Rovers FC confirm today that all RRFC Season Ticket holders and RaithTV Season Pass holders will be provided with free access to our RaithTV streaming service for our home quarter-final tie next Saturday at Stark’s Park.

Dunfermline Athletic will do likewise for their own season ticket holders in their home tie this coming Tuesday.

The Board of RRFC are keen to reward our season ticket holders, who have backed the team through thick and thin without being able to see the team ‘in the flesh’ at Stark’s Park this season in these challenging times.

Raith Rovers FC and Dunfermline Athletic FC have worked together to obtain this solution for their respective fan bases, and we would like to thank our colleagues at East End Park, along with the SPFL Board, for approving our joint request to waive the existing SPFL Media Rules which would normally prevent this.

RRFC Season Ticket holders need to have activated their season ticket at https://www.raith.tv to watch next Saturday’s match broadcast. If you’ve not already done so, you are strongly advised to do this before Saturday in case there are any issues. Support will be limited on the day due to the expected audience numbers.

Pay Per View prices for both legs of the SPFL Premiership Quarter Final will be announced by Dunfermline Athletic FC and Raith Rovers FC in due course.

I'm aware of that. It depends on what formation he picks. He substituted  Mendy and brought on Armstrong on Friday - is Armstrong a central defender - was that "bizarre"?

No. He changed the shape at that time. Without tait or Matthews available we don't have the same defensive minded player available though, hence King. I don't rate him but to take him off for Kennedy would have left us even more exposed and when going more attacking you don't want to hamper our creative players such as hendry by having them play deaper to cover for that. So yes, it would have been absolutely bizzare to do that from a tactical stand point.

Man City v PSG the same night for those of us who fear the worst...

Playoff game against our local rivals and you want to watch one of the biggest examples of why Scottish football has fallen so far in our lifetime because you "fear the worst"

Man City v PSG the same night for those of us who fear the worst...

I’m not from Manchester or Paris so I’ve no interest in that game. Don’t understand the people who follow teams from different countries, win, lose or draw I’ll take watching the Rovers over watching over hyped over priced football I’ve no connection with.

11 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

will Kennedy be playing for us .Why didnt he play against Hearts.

I can’t remember the last time I watched Kennedy and was impressed by him. The 3-1 win over Dundee maybe? 

I was a wee bit worried when I had a look at his numbers when he joined us. As much as Inverness fans raved about him, he’d barely set any goals up and had scored once (I think) 

He now has four assists and two goals, not terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but Armstrong has the same amount of assists and three times as many goals as him in almost the same amount of appearances. 

It’s all hindsight of course, and I was delighted when we got him, but unless he produces something in the playoffs, I’d say swapping him for Ethan Ross has been a pretty big downgrade  

Kennedy has been disappointing overall, when you consider how he started and the hype he came with.

What I would say, is that teams mark him out the game.  The benefit he does give us, is that if you can have him, Hendry and Vaughan on the pitch - thats 3 players that teams tend to try and crowd out the game - and you can't do that to everyone, which can help free up space.  He generally moves well and makes himself available for the ball, you can see that in Hendrys goal against Dunfermline.  So whilst he hasn't directly contributed to a great deal lately, he does give teams something to think about which helps when we are trying to pass and move as a team.

That's probably being a bit kind though, he was signed to provide the type of spark Ethan Ross did and he really hasn't done that in the run in. 

Anyway, the tie is a must win for both sides.  Ending a season with defeat to your biggest rivals is always going to be a sickener. 

Just please stay in the tie after Tuesday.  Nothing daft or stupid also please, best available 11. 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Load of shite.

Even knowing my team is rank and very well may get another beating from one of our biggest rivals, I'd far rather watch our game than any Champions League pish.

If crowds were allowed I would absolutely be there but watching streams is starting to get very boring. These days I only watch the Raith TV streams, and even then only because I've got a season ticket so it's free. 

So no chance I'm paying to watch a stream with a couple of Pars fans commentating on a game I expect us to lose by 2 or 3 goals. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If crowds were allowed I would absolutely be there but watching streams is starting to get very boring. These days I only watch the Raith TV streams, and even then only because I've got a season ticket so it's free. 

So no chance I'm paying to watch a stream with a couple of Pars fans commentating on a game I expect us to lose by 2 or 3 goals. 

The games live on Sportsound.  Pause the tv until the commentary is in sync and your sorted ;)

I can’t remember the last time I watched Kennedy and was impressed by him. The 3-1 win over Dundee maybe? 

I was a wee bit worried when I had a look at his numbers when he joined us. As much as Inverness fans raved about him, he’d barely set any goals up and had scored once (I think) 
He now has four assists and two goals, not terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but Armstrong has the same amount of assists and three times as many goals as him in almost the same amount of appearances. 

It’s all hindsight of course, and I was delighted when we got him, but unless he produces something in the playoffs, I’d say swapping him for Ethan Ross has been a pretty big downgrade  

I think absence is making the heart grow fonder for Ethan Ross. I liked him a lot, and certainly we should be looking at signing him this summer if he’s available, but there was a fair chunk of his matches where he was hooked at 60-70 mins having not really been involved. And this was at a time when Spencer was generally the replacement, and the likes of Gullan/Vaughan/Tait/Ugwu weren’t sitting on the bench ready to come on. 2 assists, 2 goals (both at Alloa) for Ross in his 15 games. ‘Pretty big downgrade’ is wild.

Having said that, I do agree Kennedy has really tailed off. Started by tearing Michael Smith at Hearts into tiny, tiny pieces but his confidence at taking men on has noticeably dropped since then. Still a valuable player and McGlynn has had him playing in different roles, behind the strikers and even as a deep CM at times. But he isn’t necessarily the first name on the teamsheet that you’d have expected after Tynecastle - indeed, he might not even start tomorrow. Personally I’d play as close to the team that battered the Pars at Starks where possible, Musonda is obviously out and Matthews might be too. Davidson/King aren’t exactly the same quality but what can you do.

I see we're lodging an appeal against the red card today so Davidson should be able to play in the first leg at least. 
I fear Mr Davidson will be targeted by the Pars, who are well aware of the likelihood of the red mist (and card) descending. Keep the heid Davo.