World Cup 23 qualifiers

Lurkst

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I don't think this is true is it? 

I thought the keeper could score from a wind assistant throw out. Rule may have changed though

I haven't really followed this competition at all, so you can get the same points after 120 minutes of football that you can after 90?

So, with Scotland needing to win by 3 goals, if they were 1-0 up after 89 minutes, they could score an og and give themselves 30 minutes extra to try and score 3?

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

I haven't really followed this competition at all, so you can get the same points after 120 minutes of football that you can after 90?

So, with Scotland needing to win by 3 goals, if they were 1-0 up after 89 minutes, they could score an og and give themselves 30 minutes extra to try and score 3?

That's a very well found loophole. UEFA had a mare with this

Seems that way. Daft really.

The extra time points rule is a joke, Portugal basically had an interest in seeing the game into extra time assuming Iceland weren't offering any forward threat. 
The playoffs are a nonsense - a one match final game for the top two yet the third team has a 10 team tournament for one of the 3 remaining places.

And the usual pish of 4 out of 8 final teams from Concacaf qualifying.

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I don't think this is true is it? 

If a keeper threw out the ball from his own box and it somehow ended in the opposition net without any other player touching it, goal or not? 

5 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Technically yes, but the risk of losing in ET/pens is far too significant for the small chance of scoring 3 in extra time. You’d just take your chances in the intercontinental playoff 

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I genuinely think Ireland will be far better than any potential playoff opponent anyway. Well, that's what I'm trying to convince myself...

Certainly on world ranking, whoever came out of Europe for it will be the number 1 seed.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The playoffs are a nonsense - a one match final game for the top two yet the third team has a 10 team tournament for one of the 3 remaining places.

And the usual pish of 4 out of 8 final teams from Concacaf qualifying.

What have concacaf got over world football 

To clarify [mention=25087]Jaggy Snake[/mention], we “need” to win by 3 to qualify for the World Cup tonight, but any win sends us to the intercontinental playoff that we’d be favourites to qualify from. Our involvement only ends tonight if we lose. 
Any win will do - in the normal 90 minutes or after extra time.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 minutes ago, Donathan said:
To clarify [mention=25087]Jaggy Snake[/mention], we “need” to win by 3 to qualify for the World Cup tonight, but any win sends us to the intercontinental playoff that we’d be favourites to qualify from. Our involvement only ends tonight if we lose. 

Any win will do - in the normal 90 minutes or after extra time.

Or penalties for that matter. It’s effectively a cup tie for us at this point.