World Cup 23 qualifiers

Lurkst

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah I had thought of her joining them.  Now I've looked into it she seems to be staying on at them. I cannae keep up with transfers 

Indeed.  

Anyway.  Tonight is such a contrast to the dismal 1-1 at Hampden.  Pedro's got the shape right and is playing players in the right positions.

Corsie playing the ball out from the back is always a worry, though.

36 minutes ago, Spectre said:

I do wonder how much the Ukraine women's team has been impacted by the war. Not sure what their preparation has been, but I doubt it was as thorough as the men's team. 

Said on the radio earlier that Ukraine only met up last week for the first time since the war started, so definitely not like the men's preparations. 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Said on the radio earlier that Ukraine only met up last week for the first time since the war started, so definitely not like the men's preparations. 

But they've all been playing club football.

That was the best performance since Losa took over.

• 1 month later...

Live on the FIFA app just now is the OFC 2022 Women’s Nations Cup Final in Fiji. Just over 20 minutes played and it’s Fiji 0 PNG 1 minutes. The winner goes through to the Inter confederation play-offs. 

It’s also live here https://www.oceaniafootball.com/livestream-ofc-womens-nations-cup-2022-final-tbc-v-tbc/

Papua New Guinea won 2-1.

Edited by Eednud

• 2 weeks later...

The U-20 Women’s World Cup kicked off in Costa Rica today although yesterday there. Good win for Australia against the hosts 3-1 and in the same group Spain 0 Brazil 0. In other games Germany 0 Colombia 1 and New Zealand 1 Mexico 1. Live coverage of Australia’s games here and others streaming on FIFA+ .

• 4 weeks later...