World Cup 23 qualifiers

Lurkst

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it just 1st that qualify automatically? 

Took them an hour to mention on English commentary but aye, 2nd place a play off and best 2nd places seeded by sounds of it so win was essential 

Not a World Cup qualifier but Australia playing their first home game in 596 days at home to Brazil. Game at Parramatta Stadium, now changed banks as it was BankWest Stadium, now Commbank Stadium. Looks like a reasonably big crowd and former Matildas and White Ferns coach and one time Albion Rover, Tom Sermani one of the pre-game tv talking heads. 

This is the first game of football in Sydney with fans in attendance since June.

Edited by Eednud

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

What was the attendance last night? I'm taking my daughter to the Spain game for her first experience of women's football. Hopefully sparks her love of the game because taking her to see the sons v Airdrie today certainly wont

Attendance was 6,545. I enjoyed being there even though it wasn't the best game.

4 hours ago, the snudge said:

What was the attendance last night? I'm taking my daughter to the Spain game for her first experience of women's football. Hopefully sparks her love of the game because taking her to see the sons v Airdrie today certainly wont

Still 6 months to the Spain game, fingers crossed it will be a group decider. Missed going last night but will hopefully be back for Ukraine next month.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Attendance was 6,545. I enjoyed being there even though it wasn't the best game.

A record for a competitive home game 👍

If the aforementioned Spain clash is winner takes all then possibly a five figure crowd will be achieved. 

Edited by Lurkst

On 26/10/2021 at 21:37, Craig the Hunter said:

Not a qualifier but tonight saw Scotland 0-2 Sweden in Paisley.

A respectable performance against the number 2 ranked team in the world but undone in the second half when the Swedes started bringing on their big names.

20211026_193706.jpg

What was the attendance? 

Had hoped to go along to this game but I was at the Ayrshire Derby 🙄

0-2 was very respectable giving Sweden are one of the powerhouses in the womens game. A late og as well I'm sure I read