Cove Rangers v Airdrieonians

1 hour ago, diamondman said:

Not listened to the Cove commentary previously. Not saying that I would agree with all that was said but the best quality I have heard I think.

Aye Scott Davie is really good.  Just consistently gets the balance right.  He would instantly raise the standard of coverage at the BBC if they were to get him back.  

3 minutes ago, resk said:

Aye Scott Davie is really good.  Just consistently gets the balance right.  He would instantly raise the standard of coverage at the BBC if they were to get him back.  

You wouldn't think he was a Raith Rovers supporter.

(3) Aberdeen 0 - 1 Raith Rovers (Radio commentary) - YouTube

28 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You wouldn't think he was a Raith Rovers supporter.

(3) Aberdeen 0 - 1 Raith Rovers (Radio commentary) - YouTube

Just a whiff of Bjørge Lillelien's famous 1981 commentary after Norway beat England 2-1 from Mr Davie there. The most professional commentator regarding impartiality when commentating on their team must be the great Arthur Montford when he commentated on Morton games -he was so impartial  - the closest I have seen Arthur showing his emotion being when Andy Ritchie (what a talent) scored a free kick against Thistle. "A Ritchie special. An Andy Ritchie Special!" - and then he calmed it.   

53 minutes ago, resk said:

Just listened to some commentary from the Cove Partick game. You can tell he's a professional and it makes for more enjoyable listening compared to other Club TV games, however the co-commentator somewhat ruins it by interrupting him, his mic being a bit louder and screaming YAS WHAT A GOAL when Cove went 2-1 up. I get that he's a fan but I think if you're going to get in a quality commentator to do your games you might as well go the whole hog and maintain the standard.

55 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Just listened to some commentary from the Cove Partick game. You can tell he's a professional and it makes for more enjoyable listening compared to other Club TV games, however the co-commentator somewhat ruins it by interrupting him, his mic being a bit louder and screaming YAS WHAT A GOAL when Cove went 2-1 up. I get that he's a fan but I think if you're going to get in a quality commentator to do your games you might as well go the whole hog and maintain the standard.

Aye fair enough.  For the games at the start of the season he didn't have a co-commentator, which actually worked pretty well.  He understood that it is okay to not be talking all the time.  Gave updates from other games too.