Clyde vs Dumbarton

Just now, andyp1301 said:

Michell and RichieHosler too?

Quite possibly, I’m not at all sure of who’s out with Covid and who’s just crocked at this stage.

While having Mitchell back will be a boost, Wilson is definitely one we could have back next year. You imagine he’d be fairly inexpensive and despite being on the small side, he’s not done much wrong. 

What a lovely thing to say considering we've never met.
Don't be like that Andy. I'm only jesting

I'm merely referring to the fact I'm only 5' 7". I imagine you as a tall lad so I wouldn't be able to see the match of you stood in front of me.

I actually enjoy your posts. I disagree with many (most) of them but I always find them interesting.

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, Bogheidman said:
Classy as always, Clyde. Oh wait.

You were trying to wind up the Clyde fans on the Forfar v Clyde thread only a few days ago.

Short memory and toys well and truly out the pram. Glorious stuff.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

As negative as I felt before the game, obviously delighted with the result. Feared the worst given previous results and performances against dumbarton. 

Hope Peterhead can do us a favour on Tuesday. 

I didn’t watch today. Watching this season develop so badly on line has been so torturous I just had to go and do something else to stop myself imploding.  Spent the day doing stuff in the garden and only checked the score periodically. Delighted of course. 
I’m told that I’m now forbidden to watch the game on Thursday ! 

18 minutes ago, sydney said:

I didn’t watch today. Watching this season develop so badly on line has been so torturous I just had to go and do something else to stop myself imploding.  Spent the day doing stuff in the garden and only checked the score periodically. Delighted of course. 
I’m told that I’m now forbidden to watch the game on Thursday ! 

I was the same today. I’ve genuinely only watched about 3 games this season. Never mind the fact we are pish, it’s just not the same watching a live stream.

Big win today. Fingers crossed the team do the business next week, too.

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was the same today. I’ve genuinely only watched about 3 games this season. Never mind the fact we are pish, it’s just not the same watching a live stream.

Big win today. Fingers crossed the team do the business next week, too.

Completely understand that.
I’ve watched most of the games and it’s crap. When you’re at the game, you feel part of it and can genuinely support the team. Watching on line is just frustrating. I just couldn’t do it today for my own good. 
Here’s hoping we avoid the playoffs and we can all get back to Broadwood in August and support the team. 

2 minutes ago, sydney said:

Completely understand that.
I’ve watched most of the games and it’s crap. When you’re at the game, you feel part of it and can genuinely support the team. Watching on line is just frustrating. I just couldn’t do it today for my own good. 
Here’s hoping we avoid the playoffs and we can all get back to Broadwood in August and support the team. 

Absolutely. It’s just not the same shouting “fur f**k sake Clyde” at a computer monitor 😂

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I think Jan, the Dumbarton supporter, called it a few pages back. This time out, we played with the aggression and physicality that Dumbarton brought to Broadwood a couple of weeks back. I didn't see that coming.

Danny and Allan have got to take a lot of credit for putting fire in our bellies today. It seemed to buff the rust off of players like Goodwillie and Lamont, bringing out performances from those two the likes of which we haven't seen in a year or so. I could go on about others; Cuddihy played a busy blinder in midfield, and all of our defenders showed up in a big way. Much more so than through the week. Then there was Cunningham who brought a speed and directness to things that we were sorely missing on Thursday.

It's been an interesting season from a physical and psychological perspective. I expect most supporters will look back and remember that there was no telling which individuals and, by extension, what team would really show up on the day. Or on the night as was more often the case.

Whatever happens next week I won't have a mind to be harsh on the players or the management. Fixture schedules like the one we've bashed through are bound to generate the sort of inconsistency we've experienced. Sure, there've been games in which we've managed the rotation of players and the business of who plays where better and worse. But I just think I wouldn't want a manager's job this season.

Edited by Clydeside
Typos

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
4 hours ago, Bogheidman said:
Classy as always, Clyde. Oh wait.

You were trying to wind up the Clyde fans on the Forfar v Clyde thread only a few days ago.

No wind ups from me I’m afraid. Bit of delusion there. But hey ho, keep thinking that if it helps you enjoy your night.

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Howie out with a broken jaw and looking back at it, certainly looks like an arm is swung.

Hope he's fit again soon.   I think it was Omar that was involved in the challenge, just before he was subbed off.  Having only seen it once, I'm not sure what sort of contact there was.  It's a shame someone got injured because I think the tetchy nature of the game was one of the best parts of it.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Short memory and toys well and truly out the pram. Glorious stuff.

Embarrassing straw clutching from you there, no toys out the pram here. Better team won and we didn’t compete. End of. There, admitting when you’re beaten by a better team, that’s classier than floating in victory.

Just now, Bogheidman said:

Embarrassing straw clutching from you there, no toys out the pram here. Better team won and we didn’t compete. End of. There, admitting when you’re beaten by a better team, that’s classier than floating in victory.

image.png.c4ad14dc4274959faddc863014ef4479.png

7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

image.png.c4ad14dc4274959faddc863014ef4479.png

Such a mature response. Listen if this is what celebrating such a huge result means for you boys then fair enough. It’s not what I’d be doing but each to their own. Pathetic stuff really. Much like the game today.

Edited by Bogheidman

5 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Hope he's fit again soon.   I think it was Omar that was involved in the challenge, just before he was subbed off.  Having only seen it once, I'm not sure what sort of contact there was.  It's a shame someone got injured because I think the tetchy nature of the game was one of the best parts of it.

I've seen it back and I think it's unfortunate. He's over-run the ball, aided by a wee nudge in his own back and he's put his hand up to protect himself, rather than to injure Howie. It's quite staggering that the referee doesn't give a freekick though.

Just now, C. Muir said:

I presume the Howie change went down at one of these new "concussion sub" things? 

I thought that earlier when Butterworth came on near the end and that was the fourth time the game was stopped for a sub. I genuinely didn’t know that was brought in up here tbh.