Clyde vs Dumbarton

First goal was always going to be crucial today. Would've been stunned if whoever got it went on to lose.

I'll be honest, I feared the worst when I saw the starting XI, even more with BBC having a McNiff and Rumsby centre back pairing, Love at left back and Howie at centre mid. Glad it wasn't quite that in the end. 

Actually thought we were quite shaky up till the opener, giving away fouls in stupid areas again and also somehow not going behind early on when Omar hit the post then the follow up ended up blocked. Lamont's excellent strike settled us right down though. 

Couple of good saves by Wilson to keep the lead then the second goal was brilliantly worked. Goodie's lay off, Love's pass and Cunningham's finish. One of the reasons Love is in my maybes for keeping on next year is that more often than not he makes good decisions in the final third. 

Well done to them all for stepping up when it was needed most. One last big effort (maybe) required. Let's hope Peterhead can do the business on Tuesday and it doesn't come to that though.

Edited by C. Muir

Guest andyp1301
2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

First of all if you were standing in front of me, I'd move.

Secondly, it was meant as a compliment to Goodwillie's commitment.

What a lovely thing to say considering we've never met.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Duffy talking about our second half being poor. It's the same shit we've served up every single game. We never have a calmness to our play, it's always frantic. He's a fucking tube.

Sounds very similar to his time with us but it seemed to work in league 2. You’ll be ok next season in that case.

15 minutes ago, microdave said:

I wonder what Clyde fans would be like if they actually won something. As my late Dad (a Clyde fan btw) used to say, the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

I’m sure if fans of other teams weren’t so quick to get their bit in when we lose (like after thursdays loss to Forfar for example!) then we would be a little more gracious when we do win. 

16 minutes ago, microdave said:

I wonder what Clyde fans would be like if they actually won something. As my late Dad (a Clyde fan btw) used to say, the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

No need for tears just yet, plenty time for Clyde to still f**k it up.

Dry yer eyes son.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Sounds very similar to his time with us but it seemed to work in league 2. You’ll be ok next season in that case.

Duffy will be oot the door along with most of the squad. Enjoy your night m8 x

I’m sure if fans of other teams weren’t so quick to get their bit in when we lose (like after thursdays loss to Forfar for example!) then we would be a little more gracious when we do win. 
Like the Dumbarton fans on the Forfar match thread thanking them. It's football, fans are going to wind each other up.

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:
3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Like the Dumbarton fans on the Forfar match thread thanking them. It's football, fans are going to wind each other up.

Exactly. You take it and give it out. All part of the fun!

I’m not letting off the confetti just yet, I reckon we’re going to need a win against EF on Thursday and that will be a tough ask.

Howie being out will be a big blow on top of Lang but at least we’ll have the option the isolating players for Thursday, which I’m presuming is Jamieson and Jack?

Guest andyp1301
3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I’m not letting off the confetti just yet, I reckon we’re going to need a win against EF on Thursday and that will be a tough ask.

Howie being out will be a big blow on top of Lang but at least we’ll have the option the isolating players for Thursday, which I’m presuming is Jamieson and Jack?

Michell and RichieHosler too?