Clyde vs Dumbarton

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Mate, look at us. We're done. Peterhead comfortably dispatched you lot last week and they'll do the same with us on Tuesday.

We are going on our summer holidays, our keeper must have had sunstroke today.

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Do you really think he is as bad as we have? Think he was one of our best today... doesn't say much for the rest but the criticism he gets is often OTT, in my opinion.

He’s miles off the level required. Another game without a goal but there’s more to it than that. A good through ball at 1-0 that not only did he fail to control (which would have put him through on goal) but his first touch played the ball behind him. Hugely frustrating. He’s not the only one but our inability to score is killing us and more often than not he’s the one leading the line, so the criticism is warranted imo.

Guest andyp1301
10 minutes ago, David W said:

Great result. A lot of players in that team who have been (rightly) panned this season and they stepped up big time; Rumsby, Bain, Lamont and several others. Apart from his early mistake, I thought Goodwillie was absolutely outstanding.

Agree completely

Guest andyp1301
2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at the power of Goodwillie's sprints I'd struggle to believe he's carrying an injury.

if i was standing in front of you with a black jacket on you'd swear it was white

Great result. A lot of players in that team who have been (rightly) panned this season and they stepped up big time; Rumsby, Bain, Lamont and several others. Apart from his early mistake, I thought Goodwillie was absolutely outstanding.
No mention of Rumsby from you David?

Guest andyp1301
Just now, haufdaft said:
12 minutes ago, David W said:

No mention of Rumsby from you David?

I agree...Rumsby excellent today

8 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

He’s miles off the level required. Another game without a goal but there’s more to it than that. A good through ball at 1-0 that not only did he fail to control (which would have put him through on goal) but his first touch played the ball behind him. Hugely frustrating. He’s not the only one but our inability to score is killing us and more often than not he’s the one leading the line, so the criticism is warranted imo.

Who isn't? Wilson, Brindley, Frizzell and Crossan to name a few. 100% we don't have enough quality in the final 3rd but I feel he is singled out for criticism when I'd have him ahead of a few others. He lacks any finesse and he doesn't look the most natural but at least he puts in more effort than Wilson or Frizzell etc.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

Who isn't? Wilson, Brindley, Frizzell and Crossan to name a few. 100% we don't have enough quality in the final 3rd but I feel he is singled out for criticism when I'd have him ahead of a few others. He lacks any finesse and he doesn't look the most natural but at least he puts in more effort than Wilson or Frizzell etc.

I’d put in loads of effort too but you wouldn’t expect me to start up front. Strikers are judged on their goals. The stats speak for themselves.

Frizzel and Wilson should be away in the summer as well. Wilson not good enough and Frizzel has shown nothing this season. 

Good win for us obviously, but wouldn't take anything for granted just yet.  That Peterhead score today's a warning.  Dumbarton are at home on Tuesday and will be going all out for the win, they'll not be playing for a draw.  Can see them getting something.  Unless Dumbarton lose, we'll likely need to approach the East Fife game like a must win as I can't see us playing for a draw & it working somehow.  But that's a top effort from our lads given two bad defeats, players missing & general fatigue.  Hopefully a few extra days' rest will ultimately help us get over the line. 

Fully agree with the above and Wilson made a couple of fantastic saves at 1-0 to keep us in the lead.

It's back in our own hands now but would be great if Peterhead could do us a favour. Dread going into the East Fife game needing a result.

The difference today compared with the game last month was that Clyde played us at our own game. They got physical, didn't shirk a challenge and that earned them the right to knock the ball about in the way they do when they are playing well.

Every single Clyde player put in a better shift than the player he was up against. People talk about individual battles in football, and Clyde won every single one.

Anyway. Here's a bit of what Duffy had to say post match, seen as I can't stick it on the paper's Twitter and Facebook.