Clyde vs Dumbarton

May as well get this started. For us the ask is simple, win and it's in our own hands. Not much confidence to take from recent matches against Dumbarton, or others for that matter. Draw means watching scores on Tuesday night with everything crossed. Defeat and an already sizeable uphill task would look like mountain to climb in the playoffs.

Just win Clyde eh! Please...

Could've seen us struggling in this with a fully fit squad never mind with what's currently at our disposal.

Hearing Nicolls injured now too so probably be either Bain at RB with midfield being Cuddihy, Thomson & McGlinchey, or Cuddihy at RB with Robertson or Lamont coming into midfield.

It would be nice to know where Lang is. 

What the f**k has happened with Lamont as well? Despite so many games he barely plays,not that he has done much when he has.

We don't know how to play against Duffball so will just launch it for 90 mins which will suit Dumbarton.

I would hope with our last minute winner on Tuesday and Forfars last minute winner last night that our boys will be buzzing to go out and get this done. Team selection is key from Duffy if we're going to create anything. Genuinely never thought I would write this but Jones should start up front and PJ Crossan, Wallace and Omar should be behind him. Would be nice if Kyle McAllister was back too, Carswell is fine filling in but we could probably do with him in midfield for this. Take your chance when it comes and hopefully we can keep up our good defensive record. I do fear this will end in a draw and leave us needing something on Tuesday, which I could really do without. 

Ramsbottom

McAllister -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Carswell -- Forbes

Omar -- Wallace -- Crossan

Jones

I'd start Brindley over Forbes but Duffy will never do that. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

What the f**k has happened with Lamont as well? Despite so many games he barely plays,not that he has done much when he has.

We don't know how to play against Duffball so will just launch it for 90 mins which will suit Dumbarton.

I think there's clearly been a falling out; there's no way he'd have been on the bench during so many games given our schedule.

He's suffered more than most with Grant leaving. Without being able to receive that ball on the half turn, his game is ruined.

On this game, I think we all know exactly what way it's going to go. The last meeting doesn't give me any confidence that Lennon has a clue how to beat Dumbarton; the team selection literally couldn't have played more into their hands.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

May as well get this started. For us the ask is simple, win and it's in our own hands. Not much confidence to take from recent matches against Dumbarton, or others for that matter. Draw means watching scores on Tuesday night with everything crossed. Defeat and an already sizeable uphill task would look like mountain to climb in the playoffs.

Just win Clyde eh! Please...

You clearly need a cup of tea in the garden at the "palace of positivity".

I cant even be bothered to watch us loose to Duffy anti football again. We are utter shite and are going to get bodied in the playoffs.
Even our full squad wouldn't fill me with confidence. Goodie looks injured but keeps playing, lang injured, munro suspended (probably a good thing tbf), Nicol injured and a few missing presumably isolating.

Guest andyp1301
Just now, bullyweehutch said:

I cant even be bothered to watch us loose to Duffy anti football again. We are utter shite and are going to get bodied in the playoffs.
Even our full squad wouldn't fill me with confidence. Goodie looks injured but keeps playing, lang injured, munro suspended (probably a good thing tbf), Nicol injured and a few missing presumably isolating.

Going into last 2 matches without (judging by players there last night).......without, Lang, Mitchell, Nicoll, Kane, Jamieson and Munro,......Goodie is most definitely carrying something and battling on. Lamont well off it, Mcniff well off it and Cunningham....I don't know what to say. We should manage to survive the automatic drop but the 4 goals difference can be caught fairly easily and Forfar now have the whiff of a Houdini act. 

Most likely is we'll be in the playoffs v Stirling in round 1, but what a result if we manage to finish 8th given everything that has gone on. Next year the big issue as soon as this one is put to bet.

We cannot go through this again next year, surely?

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our match preview suggests McAllister probably won't be available. Carswell to right back and Brindley to midfield in that case. 

Feel like Brindley does a lot of runnign, but little that's effective.

Always seems hard to pick a team in advance as well as Duffy's team selections seem to be done by tombola and the formations don't seem to matter mostly as they're just running about all over the shop.

22 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

Most likely is we'll be in the playoffs v Stirling in round 1, 

Plenty of football still to be played there to be fair. Only 1 point seperates 2nd-5th. Stranraer or Elgin would be a nightmare travel wise, but I'd say Stirling and Edinburgh have the better squads that are more likely to turn us over. I criticised the standard of the rest of L2 recently (compared to QP) which might've been naive of me. Looking at the aforementioned teams squads, we are no better. 

Edited by C. Muir

6 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Feel like Brindley does a lot of runnign, but little that's effective.

Always seems hard to pick a team in advance as well as Duffy's team selections seem to be done by tombola and the formations don't seem to matter mostly as they're just running about all over the shop.

He's not done as well as I thought he was going to when he first arrived, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he's spent most of his time on the left flank either as a wide player or a full back. I'd like to have seen Brindley and Wedderburn given time together in the middle.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's not done as well as I thought he was going to when he first arrived, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he's spent most of his time on the left flank either as a wide player or a full back. I'd like to have seen Brindley and Wedderburn given time together in the middle.

There's another wee left footed midfielder in the killie reserves who looks a better prospect, kid called Warnock who played for the first team against Dunfermline when the senior players were isolating. Still a bit young and slight though. I haven't seen much from Brindley to mark him out as any different to the rest of Dumbarton's dross currently, but that could be said for them all collectively at the moment.

I’m not even going to watch this. If it was normal times, I would certainly go, but I just can’t watch another game after the crap we’ve seen this season. 
I dare say the game will involve 2 dreadful teams battering the ball black and blue for 90 minutes in the hope that someone creates a scoring chance.