Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Saturday 1 May, 2021

Excellent defensive performance from us today. Let Hibs control the ball but they failed to get behind us at all in the second half.

You see the difference between Porteous and the likes of Kerr there too. Both are willing to take on low percentage passes - the difference is Kerr does it in the opponents final third when it might create us a scoring chance. Porteous does it in his own box.

Thought our back three were superb - won basically everything and the ones they didn’t get to they made it too hard for the striker to get anything worthwhile on.

Great to see Murray Davidson on the park as well.

See if we sign no one at all this summer but nobody leaves, and we have the identical squad, I would be over the moon.

We put out a number of fringe players amongst 6-7 changes and managed to win at the third best team in the country with a bit to spare.

Callum Davidson is some boy.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Tayside final is on. 

You feel very much like 2014 United.

Hyped up manager, hyped up players, but as soon as they play St Johnstone, they crumble. United had Souttar as an absolute bombscare against us, Hibs have Porteous. Your manager is going down the same trap as McNamara in panicking whenever you go behind. Feels like we're completely in his head now.

I still don't think we'll win the Cup, but if history repeats itself, then we're beating you 1-0 in the Final after a Porteous error.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

See if we sign no one at all this summer but nobody leaves, and we have the identical squad, I would be over the moon.

We put out a number of fringe players amongst 6-7 changes and managed to win at the third best team in the country with a bit to spare.

Yep. Plenty of able deputies all over the pitch. Outstanding fitness on display too when you consider how many changes we made. Bryson has really grown into the season, I think he'll be a really good option for us (or someone else) with a full pre-season.

St Johnstone stole our form when they ended our unbeaten streak and just continued it on. If it was them beating any other club to European football I'd be over the moon as it's a phenomenal story and from what I can see a lovely bunch of guys getting what they deserve. 

Torn between being happy for them and excited to see where that team goes next season, and being a grumpy git and pissed off since we're losing out :D  

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Torn between being happy for them and excited to see where that team goes next season.

Its a shame this team is likely to get ripped apart over the next few years, through free transfers/transfer fees.

Big task for Davidson to try and maintain this if/when we lose the likes of McCart, Kerr, and McCann.

35 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The result is fair enough, but in terms of entertainment value, this has been a 0-0 game with a 0-1 scoreline.

Exactly how I'd describe it. Given everything though, still positive stuff in there for Saints. A good control of game and some very strong individual performances. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Its a shame this team is likely to get ripped apart over the next few years, through free transfers/transfer fees.

Big task for Davidson to try and maintain this if/when we lose the likes of McCart, Kerr, and McCann.

Happened with us when we came up, they just got picked off here and there. Gallagher and Halkett were big losses, Liam Kelly went to QPR for 50k (shambles of a buy out clause). Even Josh Mullin going to Ross County was a hard one at the time. 

Surely those 3 would be a fairly huge fee which you use to just cherry pick the standout championship players from that season (Hendry etc..). Just about ensure they're a success though to be fair

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Davidson will be attracting attention soon too you’d think.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Surely those 3 would be a fairly huge fee which you use to just cherry pick the standout championship players from that season (Hendry etc..). Just about ensure they're a success though to be fair

Kerr and McCart both out of contract next Summer, so a bit of a "this Summer or nothing" feel about it. Not overly convinced we've any chance of extended those deals.

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

Davidson will be attracting attention soon too you’d think.

Yeah, think Preston are still without a manager?

Hopefully clubs continue looking down on us.

40 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You've got a player out on loan giving you a good chance of 5th too.

Wouldn't be against him signing permanently as squad option.