Stirling Albion v Stranraer

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Never mind I guess!

Still hanging on, the fat lady hasn't sung just yet, she's clearing her throat though. We're in the play offs if either Elgin or Stranraer lose their home game on Tuesday. If both draw we're out on goals scored.

15 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Still hanging on, the fat lady hasn't sung just yet, she's clearing her throat though. We're in the play offs if either Elgin or Stranraer lose their home game on Tuesday. If both draw we're out on goals scored.

Not the result we wanted but were in with a very slim chance as you say of going to the playoffs. If we do manage to get into playoffs as 4th placed team then we face Dumbarton. Cant say I have much faith in beating them tbh 

40 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Not the result we wanted but were in with a very slim chance as you say of going to the playoffs. If we do manage to get into playoffs as 4th placed team then we face Dumbarton. Cant say I have much faith in beating them tbh 

They're as free scoring as we are

Likely but not quite decided yet

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Perhaps not, if we manage squeeze in after Elgin and Stranraer lose we'll be third and get a third and fourth games against Edinburgh in three weeks, next week.

Edited by AlbionMan

Enjoyed our encounters with SFC, couple of 2-2. Not bad.  Disappointed when Victoria was sent off recently. My kind of player. Please allow me an indulgence. Stirling have faired well against Edinburgh this season. but struggled with Elgin.

Enjoyed our encounters with SFC, couple of 2-2. Not bad.  Disappointed when Victoria was sent off recently. My kind of player. Please allow me an indulgence. Stirling have faired well against Edinburgh this season. but struggled with Elgin.

Think every team has another they struggle with. Elgin have beaten us three times now - we just can’t figure them out. Yet Albion Rovers (who we have beaten twice in the league) have beaten Elgin twice.

17 hours ago, rhliston said:

You'd smash us in a playoff 

Didn’t see much of the game due to poor stream. 
From what I did see Stirling seemed to have the better of the chances. 
Didn’t look like we were allowed to play much football.
At our best when we get it down and play. If teams press us we panic and result to long aimless punts. That’s worth nothing with Elliott and Orr up top, or any of our forwards for that matter. 
We live to fight another day and know what we have to do. Given how depleted our squad was yesterday a point is maybe not a bad result. 

18 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Likely but not quite decided yet

Agree, IF by some chance we do get into playoffs hope we face Dumbarton rather than Clyde, fancy our chances against them rather than the Bully Wee.

22 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Perhaps not, if we manage squeeze in after Elgin and Stranraer lose we'll be third and get a third and fourth games against Edinburgh in three weeks, next week.

That’s the same for whoever gets the 2nd and 3rd berths 

Edited by bishopburn boy

8 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Didn’t see much of the game due to poor stream. 
From what I did see Stirling seemed to have the better of the chances. 
Didn’t look like we were allowed to play much football.
At our best when we get it down and play. If teams press us we panic and result to long aimless punts. That’s worth nothing with Elliott and Orr up top, or any of our forwards for that matter. 
We live to fight another day and know what we have to do. Given how depleted our squad was yesterday a point is maybe not a bad result. 

Take a lot of that back having seen the highlights. 
Missed most of the chances we had. 

If we do get into playoffs by some miracle, I dont expect much from us. 

Would have to second that, it’s been very much of a ‘meh’ season for me, that’s not a dig at the club or players it’s just the way I have felt having to watch everything via a laptop. However since the resumption in March, we really do seem to have run out of steam and the squad seems to be limping over the line which is frustrating when you consider how strong we look up until the season was paused in January.