Stirling Albion v Stranraer

Right guys, how are we all feeling ahead of this one - huge game for both clubs.

A win for either team guarantees a Top 4 finish and a place in the play-offs.

Final game for the Binos, so they need something. If we lose, we would need to win our final game against Edinburgh City but that still might not be enough depending on the outcome of their game with Elgin. Basically, we need to win this one too.

A draw tomorrow would mean we could overtake Stirling with a draw or a win from our last game.

Well for the Binos were at the last chance saloon this season. We have to win to get into playoffs but I hope that whatever sort of team we are able to put out on Saturday can pull the rabbit out of the hat and get us a win.

Our home form is poor putting it mildly and given our injury list with the possibility of our top scorer Andy Ryan being out thru injury it does not look too good tbh.
Hoping for the best on Saturday but fearing the worst.
Prediction hope for Albion win but can see Stranraer doing the business.

Must win for the Albion but unfortunately I can’t see it. 30 of our 35 points this season have come in games where Andy Ryan has either scored or assisted and he’s out of it. We’re so reliant on him and without him we seem to have absolutely nothing. Failing that you can normally rely on our defence to keep it tight. We can’t seem to do that at the moment.

I desperately hope I’m wrong but we’ve all seen this rodeo before and it probably ends in Stirling defeat. If so, the decision to give Kev an extra years contract is going to look very daft. In my mind, we have one of the best squads in the league and a few weeks ago looked certain for the play offs. Obviously covid plays a part, but no play offs this year with the squad we have would be an absolute disaster.

Zero excuses tomorrow. Yes we have injuries. So do Stranraer. Yes Stranraer have played one game less in 8 days. Yes our best player by an absolute mile is out. But that's what squads are for. We have good players in the squad. It's up to the manager to get the best out of those available to him. If he does his job along with the others, we have enough to beat Stranraer. It will be a tough game, Stranraer beat us only a few weeks ago and are more than capable of doing the same again. 

Hindsight is truly wonderful but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that offering the management new contracts when they did was bizarre at best. 

This squad should be in the play-offs. The board have given the management an excellent playing budget and given them their full backing. Time to repay that faith with a win tomorrow and get promotion via the play-offs.

2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Hindsight is truly wonderful but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that offering the management new contracts when they did was bizarre at best. 

It's happened in a similar way several times in the last few years.  The manager gets a contract extension based on a period of good form, then the good form disappears and we've got them until the end of the next season at least.

6 out for the Blues today. It's up to the guys coming in do the business. 

"Ruari Paton – sent off against Elgin City – and Joao Victoria – sent off against Queen’s Park – both sit out the contest through suspension.

Meanwhile, Lewis McIntyre, Grant Gallagher and Adam Cummins have been joined on the sidelines by Matty Yates."

Edited by Blue1870

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Your club being a fine example of that emoji106.png

Yours also. Your manager has been offered and accepted a new contract before the dust has settled on the season (same as Stirling). It’s a vote of confidence in the job he is doing and IMO gives that stability going forward.

On 30/04/2021 at 11:46, Snoddyisabino said:

Must win for the Albion but unfortunately I can’t see it. 30 of our 35 points this season have come in games where Andy Ryan has either scored or assisted and he’s out of it. We’re so reliant on him and without him we seem to have absolutely nothing. Failing that you can normally rely on our defence to keep it tight. We can’t seem to do that at the moment.

I desperately hope I’m wrong but we’ve all seen this rodeo before and it probably ends in Stirling defeat. If so, the decision to give Kev an extra years contract is going to look very daft. In my mind, we have one of the best squads in the league and a few weeks ago looked certain for the play offs. Obviously covid plays a part, but no play offs this year with the squad we have would be an absolute disaster.

Yes Andy Ryan will be a loss, but for me the player we have missed most since the restart is Paul Mclean who only lasted 20 minutes of the first game, the defence hasn't had the same organisation without him. 

Just let the team on the park show some urgency and a desire to take the game to Stranraer.

Edited by AlbionMan

It's been an extraordinary season and I don't think we should judge anyone harshly on how it may end.

As for today, it really is squeaky bum time.  I hope nerves don't get the better of our players and we play on the front foot. I think it will be tight but predict a win for us.

Mon the Binos!

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Thinking of watching this, I assume it’s a Pixellot effort?

It's not. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the standard of coverage including commentary, 3 camera angles and action replays!

Treat yourself.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

Yes Andy Ryan will be a loss, but for me the player we have missed most since the restart is Paul Mclean who only lasted 20 minutes of the first game, the defence hasn't had the same organisation without him.

I agree, prior to the break the defense looked confident, the same can't be said since, and that is probably down to the loss of McLean. And unfortunately, the team never looks like recovering from the loss of a goal. Let's hope someone can step up with a bit of magic today. 

1 hour ago, Ally_D said:

I agree, prior to the break the defense looked confident, the same can't be said since, and that is probably down to the loss of McLean. And unfortunately, the team never looks like recovering from the loss of a goal. Let's hope someone can step up with a bit of magic today. 

Who would have thought it, we've scored two at Forthbank in the first half, pity the first was an o.g. Hope is still alive

Enjoyed that quite a lot. Thought Stirling were quite good, and if the boy Bikey had any end product, you'd have had a fair few more chances. Stranraer didn't create a lot, but were clinical with what they did.

Edit: and it was nice to see Div Wilson playing well. Good ball in for the first and set up the absolute sitter that was missed about ten minutes from the end.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow