Montrose Vs Cove

Tonight we travel the short journey down the road to play our bogey team so far this season! Rate Montrose highly.

Huge game for both; Cove need the win to cling onto any hope of automatic promotion and Montrose need a win to bolster their chances of making the playoffs.

Montrose beat us 1-0 about a week ago, thanks to Fyvie first goal of the season!

We've played well but not our best in the last 2 games against Falkirk and Partick and threatened going forward, led both games with 15 minutes to go and drew both sadly.

No new injury worries for Cove tonight. Hope we start 4-4-2 and that Connor Smith starts. Predicted starting lineup;

McKenzie

Ross Strachan Graham Ngwenya

Yule Fyvie Scully Smith

Mitch Rory

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Tonight we travel the short journey down the road to play our bogey team so far this season! Rate Montrose highly.

Huge game for both; Cove need the win to cling onto any hope of automatic promotion and Montrose need a win to bolster their chances of making the playoffs.

Montrose beat us 1-0 about a week ago, thanks to Fyvie first goal of the season!

We've played well but not our best in the last 2 games against Falkirk and Partick and threatened going forward, led both games with 15 minutes to go and drew both sadly.

No new injury worries for Cove tonight. Hope we start 4-4-2 and that Connor Smith starts. Predicted starting lineup;

McKenzie

Ross Strachan Graham Ngwenya

Yule Fyvie Scully Smith

Mitch Rory

Must win for the Mo if we want a any chance to sneak into the play offs. We've rode our luck against Cove in the previous 2 games and although they had more attempts last week, never really threatened the goal. Hopefully we can keep our lucky run going and keep our play off hopes alive. I'll take another nervy 1-0.

Leighton McIntosh is the epitome of uselessness. Touch of an elephant, how he starts for us is beyond me. Just strolls about like a headless chicken.

Relatively quiet opening starting from Cove, a few half chances but not really got into our flow.

31 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Leighton McIntosh is the epitome of uselessness. Touch of an elephant, how he starts for us is beyond me. Just strolls about like a headless chicken

I've thought for years Leighton was drinking in the last chance saloon as a player.  When he was first with us (on loan from Dundee) he showed potential at League 2 level no more.  I was surprised that Dundee gave him a further year's contract.  He's played for a variety of clubs (including us again) but never stays anywhere for very long.   Some managers must see something in him but I agree with you CR22.

1-0 Cove at half time in a fairly subdued opening 45 minutes.

Both teams had some half chances. Probably Cove have just  edged the game so far but it's all still to play for going into the second half.

For me Leighton needs hooked but I think Hartley wont put on Rory unless necessary due to resting him for Saturday.

Watson hasn't offered much and when he's got the ball he's been poor with it.

5 minutes ago, MO7S said:

I've thought for years Leighton was drinking in the last chance saloon as a player.  When he was first with us (on loan from Dundee) he showed potential at League 2 level no more.  I was surprised that Dundee gave him a further year's contract.  He's played for a variety of clubs (including us again) but never stays anywhere for very long.   Some managers must see something in him but I agree with you CR22.

More clubs that Jack Nicklaus. Sometimes an indicator of mediocrity.

He's super frustrating to watch, two left feet! Turns out this performance every week so he's consistent I give him that. If he can't cross or create chances nor score I not know why we play him.

Him and Broque are L2 standard at best. I'd take Antoniazzi back in a heartbeat. He was a stand out for us last season

Result was what I expected before kick off. Cove are a very tidy team who seem to rely entirely on Megginson to score their goals. The first was very well executed .. the second was well taken but a bit of a disaster defensively for us. No complaints .. we were well beaten and I hope Cove deservedly go up via the playoffs. Much better team than Falkirk.

Mitch was the difference tonight, he's our talisman and won us many a game with his clinical finishing. We could be done others chipping in for goals certainly.

When we lost Masson and Harry Milne to injury a few weeks back I thought we'd struggle a bit more.

I hope we can go up, won't be an easy task.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Disappointing Montrose.

You still have 2 games to make yourselves legends though.

No reason why you can't get the win on Saturday. Webster, McLean, Mochrie and Milne are all capable of goals and creativity. 

Will be following the score.

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

No reason why you can't get the win on Saturday. Webster, McLean, Mochrie and Milne are all capable of goals and creativity. 

Will be following the score.

I'm not a Montrose fan, just a 'neutral' observer.

Disappointed Cove didn't win the league, but Falkirk staying down is still on.

We had our chances in the last 3 games to be right there; was 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go against Falkirk and Partick and dropped 4 points and we felt slightly unfortunate to lose 1-0 to Mo last Tuesday (Fyvie og). 

Don't think we'll be inferior to anyone in the playoffs and should feel we can make it which would be meteoric rise of 3 straight promotions