Livi v Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

How's Callum Hendry doing for the Don's? Starting to nab a few goals.

I like the look of him 

Has a hell of a finish in him, the goal at Dumbarton showed that

Wouldn’t be disappointed if we picked him on the cheap in the summer

Kamberi & Hornby can get in the sea 

I dipped in and out of a stream of dubious quality, but it looked from what I saw like we just about deserved to edge it. Crucial bit of defending from Ferguson at the end and good to see Hedges back and among the goals - there have been a multitude of other issues at play and we didn't cope remotely well enough with losing him, but we have really missed him. 

Watching Emmanuel-Thomas against our defence recently has definitely not been an enjoyable experience. We really seem to struggle with big, physical forwards.

8 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Nice poachers finish today. All 3 of his goals have been different. Needs to really work on his hold up play though.

In reference to a nice poachers finish, Stryjek has made a cracker of a save and it's landed right in front of him 2 yards out :D I reckon I could've scored that

19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I like the look of him 

Has a hell of a finish in him, the goal at Dumbarton showed that

Wouldn’t be disappointed if we picked him on the cheap in the summer

Kamberi & Hornby can get in the sea 

Hornby is an absolute fanny. Never going to make it unless he toughens up. 

Delighted with the win and plenty of positives .Thought Mcgeouch had a decent game which helped the team. Was happy to see Hedges back and must have annoyed my neighbour when i celebrated his goal .Two games left hope to see team give their all and no more pish like utd game.COYR.

Was very impressed with MacKenzie today. Done a far better job of keeping JET quiet compared to his more experienced teammate in the cup game.
JET did get past him a bit too easily at the end but you can give him one.

I actually thought the opposite - jet also megged him making him look silly in the first half and McKenzie couldn’t even pretend to pressure him when he got a long ball into his feet. Pretty hard matchup for him, but it’s the sort of game I think considine would have been a better matchup at lettback.

55 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

I actually thought the opposite - jet also megged him making him look silly in the first half and McKenzie couldn’t even pretend to pressure him when he got a long ball into his feet. Pretty hard matchup for him, but it’s the sort of game I think considine would have been a better matchup at lettback.

Jack MacKenzie is not going to come up against many, if any, like Thomas in his career.

Thought they were obviously targeting our left back/ side. MacKenzie was getting dominated in the air.

56 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Really? When he was nutmegged he had a good shape and managed to recover pretty well. Hayes was nutmegged minutes earlier and almost ran off the park.

Mackenzie has to play the last two games IMO. 

1 hour ago, SamuraiJock said:

Jet is a weird one, if you get too tight to him he's going to either nutmeg you or just use his body to keep you away. If you give him space he'll trundle along and pick out a great pass. It's a hard one for any defender to go up against

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Jet is a weird one, if you get too tight to him he's going to either nutmeg you or just use his body to keep you away. If you give him space he'll trundle along and pick out a great pass. It's a hard one for any defender to go up against

He's a very frustrating player to play against. Mainly because it looks like absolutely everything that comes off for him has happened through sheer luck (that's not to suggest it is that, it just looks that way).

He's tough for defenders to deal with because he's physically extremely capable, and can hold off most centre backs. He also has just enough skill on the ball, that as you say, you can't just sit off him and let him tackle himself.

Incidentally I don't recall him giving us many problems when we had McKenna in the team, although I may be completely wrong on that one. Or did he come in after McKenna had left?

As far as MacKenzie goes, I thought he played well at points, but as mentioned was dominated in the air by Thomas. Not many teams will shove a target-man out wide like that, but some do, and it's something he'll have to learn to deal with. Overall I thought he did reasonably well against his man. It's the same issue with full-backs as you get with keepers though; 99% of what you do can be excellent, and one mistake gets highlighted because it leads to a chance or goal.

He's definitely got talent, and is absolutely the best left back at the club. Agree with @Merkland Red, he needs to play the final two games. Will be a real test for the boy dealing with Hibs and the ****.

Edited by Illgresi

He's a very frustrating player to play against. Mainly because it looks like absolutely everything that comes off for him has happened through sheer luck (that's not to suggest it is that, it just looks that way).
He's tough for defenders to deal with because he's physically extremely capable, and can hold off most centre backs. He also has just enough skill on the ball, that as you say, you can't just sit off him and let him tackle himself.
Incidentally I don't recall him giving us many problems when we had McKenna in the team, although I may be completely wrong on that one. Or did he come in after McKenna had left?
As far as MacKenzie goes, I thought he played well at points, but as mentioned was dominated in the air by Thomas. Not many teams will shove a target-man out wide like that, but some do, and it's something he'll have to learn to deal with. Overall I thought he did reasonably well against his man. It's the same issue with full-backs as you get with keepers though; 99% of what you do can be excellent, and one mistake gets highlighted because it leads to a chance or goal.
He's definitely got talent, and is absolutely the best left back at the club. Agree with [mention=76432]Merkland Red[/mention], he needs to play the final two games. Will be a real test for the boy dealing with Hibs and the ****.
Pretty sure McKenna was gone before we even signed JET.
ETA - JET signed a week after McKenna left for Forest.

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Ahh. Still, that's a match-up I'd like to have seen.

Is Jet worth a club like Aberdeen trying to sign or are we just seeing the best of him in the recent matches? He’s looked unplayable at times

8 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Is Jet worth a club like Aberdeen trying to sign or are we just seeing the best of him in the recent matches? He’s looked unplayable at times

From the looks of it he has a big money move in China/Asia lined up. He had a pretty hefty deal on the table in China before signing for Livi since that move fell through due to COVID.

To be fair to him, it's only in the last few weeks that he's been fully fit. He's probably still not fully fit, I reckon a fully fit Jet gets 10-15 goals in this league easy. It's just been an uphill battle to get him fit and to the right level. 

Funnily enough there's a quote from Arsene Wenger about him when he was with Arsenal:

Manager Arséne Wenger was effusive in his praise for Emmanuel-Thomas stating, "When his fitness is right, Jay will be not only a good player but a great player"."

Edited by ATLIS

I have to confess to only having watched the highlights of this this morning but 

- good for glass to get his first 90 minute win in a tough game

- lovely finish from hedges and delighted to see him back

- 3rd is gone but it would be hilarious to finish level on points with hibs given how utterly useless we’ve been since November.