Forfar v Clyde

12 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:
14 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:
Really? why?  Are they not down already?  And Goodie struggling to run.

My maths failed me...they are down.

They arent.  If they win tonight they need to win their last two, and clyde to lose their last two.

Also need to make up 4 goals for goal difference.

Unlikely though. 

We started the first half well enough. We were first to a lot more than Forfar were, maybe levering the advantage of having a few more days rest. Decent enough goal to open things but against poor opposition it must be said.

As for Forfar's goal, deary me. Timid, sluggish defending from Rumsby. And the goalkeeper could've done better.

Looking at the starting eleven, the midfield struck me as being awfully conservative. In Nicoll, Thomson and McGlinchey you've got three players whose natural inclination is to take it from deep, get turned and stay behind play. Perhaps surprisingly, Nicoll ended up being the one from the three who ended up bringing the ball out of midfield. And he set up the goal as I remember.

Bringing Cuddihy into the centre is a positive step for the second-half, he at least moves it on quickly and looks for a forward pass more often than not. But it does nothing for us being paceless in almost every area of the pitch. Jamieson was the difference up here last time, remember. And it was his speed that got him his goals.

I'd probably move Otoo upfield and stick McNiff at left-back because we need to win this. I'd think about having Butterworth on for Love or Cunningham too.

Edited by Clydeside
Butterworth, not Lamont.

Guest bernardblack
17 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Why is there never any imagination to our subs. Just like for like all the time, so frustrating.

Like every performance from us it has the feel of a preseason friendly.

Might as well try Michael Anderson, something different 

Has Cunningham ever played well stuck out on the right side? He needs to be playing far closer to Goodwillie when he starts. Or a sub.

Now Nicoll's giving the ball away and booting people. 

It's been obvious since October but we're in massive trouble here.

Guest bernardblack

I realise we are down. But you’d think whilst there is a 0.0000000001% chance of making the playoff we’d maybe have a go....

But no, launch it to the moon...give away the ball....repeat