St. Mirren vs Hamilton Accies

I know I’m like a broken record but our central midfield is consistently not good enough and today’s a great example. Erhahon has barely made a run all game and Doyle-Hayes has been anonymous going forward yet again. I feel for Cammy as his movement was good and he was trying positive passes, but his lack of quality showed again as he shipped the second goal.

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I know I’m like a broken record but our central midfield is consistently not good enough and today’s a great example. Erhahon has barely made a run all game and Doyle-Hayes has been anonymous going forward yet again. I feel for Cammy as his movement was good and he was trying positive passes, but his lack of quality showed again as he shipped the second goal.

Funnily enough, I think the opposite, JDH and Erhahon have been ok for me, won the ball, kept things moving, but McPherson has been a bit headless, keeps losing the ball, and can't find a pass.

Funnily enough, I think the opposite, JDH and Erhahon have been ok for me, won the ball, kept things moving, but McPherson has been a bit headless, keeps losing the ball, and can't find a pass.

Fair enough, I’m not saying Cammy played well but I thought he’d got involved and been much more positive than the other two.

Erhahon’s been much better since the goal. Lee Erwin appears to have turned into prime Xavi as well.

FT 1-2
Scoreline certainly a fair reflection on proceedings. Part of me is quite happy we lost this, I like Accies and hope they stay up again. Particularly like how wound up they get the ‘we should have the clubs with the biggest fan bases in the top flight’ type pundits. I think they’re going to get themselves into 11th and rinse some shite like Dundee in the playoffs, here’s hoping.
Also see we’ve helped to get Killie right back in trouble again, which is pleasing. Back to Rugby Park in 11 days for our next league game, hopefully we turn the screw even further then.
For us and United both losing at home to motivated teams scrapping for their lives in the bottom three today is hardly a surprise. Both of our league seasons are over and we both made changes we probably wouldn’t have made had we not got a Scottish Cup Semi Final approaching. Everyone’s got one eye on Hampden, and rightly so. Quite predictable that there was a dip here.
We can’t and shouldn’t read too much into this, other than perhaps some of our second string players shouldn’t be starting against St Johnstone. Although I suspect we knew that anyway.