St. Mirren vs Hamilton Accies

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Accies had the better of the first 20. We've not really started at all.

Yep, we just can't get and keep the ball in forward areas. Accies picking up the second balls and we're looking massively disjointed. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

This is as poor as I've seen us playing in months. Everything is coming up 3-4 feet short.

Yeah, everything looks really hard. I don't like the back three either. We aren't that great at defending crosses anyway, but we are playing a formation that allows teams to get loads of crosses in, and constantly pulls one of our better central defenders in Shaughnessy out to the left back position.

HT 0-1
Shrug. Accies are well up for it and we aren’t, which is what you’d expect given the circumstances. They certainly deserve to be ahead.
Not surprised to see United losing at home to County either.
Just hope Fraser is okay for the game that matters next week and we don’t get any fresh injury worries second half.

Very little movement across the team, resulting in endless, aimless punts forward that we're not winning because nobody can be arsed.

Quaner's looked vaguely lively; Dennis still looks off the pace. Cammy's busy but lacking quality. Ethan is having an off day.

Here's hoping that was just our traditional shite half.

5 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

The back 3 is murder. Doesn't work unless we have Tait and Fraser really. Have to go to a 4-4-2 and stop the balls being swung in. 

I don't know why he didn't just go for Mason when Fraser couldn't play, because it's 100% what's going to happen in the next ten minutes or so anyway, with Mason coming on and moving to a back 4.

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Finlayson and Henderson are really being exposed defensively with this formation, time to finally ditch the back three.

To be fair, it's been a couple years since we hung a teenaged midfielder out to dry on the left side of defence.

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

I don't know why he didn't just go for Mason when Fraser couldn't play, because it's 100% what's going to happen in the next ten minutes or so anyway, with Mason coming on and moving to a back 4.

We'll improve under a back 4. Then Jim will start with a back 3 next week.

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

We'll improve under a back 4. Then Jim will start with a back 3 next week.

Yeah. I mean, I'm a big fan of Goodwin, and I think he's done a good job, but it's also fair to say the reason he has a reputation for making good game changing subs, is because he gets it wrong at the start too often.

Part of the reason we have a bit of a reputation as a second half team as well.