St. Mirren vs Hamilton Accies

I was wondering if the clubs will still publish team lineups and goals on their twitter or it is a complete blackout? I've not really followed the situation, and while I'm in favour I'm not sure how racists will suddenly stop being racist because a club hasn't tweeted out about a half time draw.

I could be wrong, but I think despite what Jim has been saying about finishing 7th, trying to win every game, etc, this is going to be a fairly experimental team today. I reckon there will be quite a few fringe players, and players returning from injury being given a start to see if they build fitness and stake a claim for the semi, and a few guys who have played a lot of games will be given a rest.

It's shit for the other relegation teams I suppose, but it's the luxury afforded to teams whose league season is already over.

24 minutes ago, GAD said:

I could be wrong, but I think despite what Jim has been saying about finishing 7th, trying to win every game, etc, this is going to be a fairly experimental team today. I reckon there will be quite a few fringe players, and players returning from injury being given a start to see if they build fitness and stake a claim for the semi, and a few guys who have played a lot of games will be given a rest.

It's shit for the other relegation teams I suppose, but it's the luxury afforded to teams whose league season is already over.

Killie played a 2nd Dundee Utd 11 recently and won 3-0.

If we do the same today and Accies win, 1 team that can't moan about it would be Killie.

I expect Dundee U to also play a weaken team against Ross C today with the cup game next up. 

So all teams at the bottom could have played weaken teams recently. 

Teams are 100% entitled to rotate at any point of the season and it's just luck of the draw if you end up against a weakened team or not. Likewise the teams that are safe have earned the right to try to bring youngsters through, especially this season when there's been no reserve games etc.

It's unfortunate at best for the teams who are hoping results might go their way, but that's just the way it is. To be fair, we went to Dingwall with a bare bones squad and won 3-1, so our commitment can't be questioned. 

Furthermore, a few teams picked up draws against us in Feb in games that might have gone differently had we not been completely shagged. 

Finally, and this is the most important point, if it was actually imperative that all teams played against balanced squads/consistent team selections etc then the transfer window would never be allowed to overlap the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Teams are 100% entitled to rotate at any point of the season and it's just luck of the draw if you end up against a weakened team or not. Likewise the teams that are safe have earned the right to try to bring youngsters through, especially this season when there's been no reserve games etc.

It's unfortunate at best for the teams who are hoping results might go their way, but that's just the way it is. To be fair, we went to Dingwall with a bare bones squad and won 3-1, so our commitment can't be questioned. 

Furthermore, a few teams picked up draws against us in Feb in games that might have gone differently had we not been completely shagged. 

Finally, and this is the most important point, if it was actually imperative that all teams played against balanced squads/consistent team selections etc then the transfer window would never be allowed to overlap the start of the season. 

Yeah, just to be clear, I'm 100% happy for us to do it. There have been several occasions over the years when we have been at the bottom watching our rivals playing reserve teams, and teams that were already in the beach, and I've seen us win games in similar circumstances against teams that would usually expect to beat us.

Anyway, now I've said all that it'll be a full strength team we put out.

2 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Killie played a 2nd Dundee Utd 11 recently and won 3-0.

If we do the same today and Accies win, 1 team that can't moan about it would be Killie.

I expect Dundee U to also play a weaken team against Ross C today with the cup game next up. 

So all teams at the bottom could have played weaken teams recently. 

To be fair, Ross County played a weakened team when they played us and still got hosed.:lol:*

*Oops! Just noticed Coventry Saint's post pointing out the same thing.

Edited by FTOF

To be fair, Ross County played a weakened team when they played us and still got hosed.[emoji38]*
*Oops! Just noticed Coventry Saint's post pointing out the same thing.
To be fair, Ross C play a weakened team most week [emoji23]

No Brophy I see. Was a bit of talk about him maybe being back today so that's a bit disappointing. Guessing that will rule him out of the semi as well. Be interesting to see how Finlayson gets on.