St. Mirren vs Hamilton Accies

Might as well start this given there seems to be no appetite for it whatsoever. 

Saints have one eye firmly on Hampden and St. Johnstone and whilst 7th is still something we're striving for, the priorty is definitely the cup now so the main thing to take from Saturday is no further absences for the following week. 

Accies have really been struggling of late and this looks like it just might be their season to go but as we know, Accies will always Accies and nary an eyebrow will be raised amongst those of us who know them if they win their last 3. 

I'd be going as close as possible to the side we want to start at Hampden. I can understand the clamour to protect players from injury, especially after the extra minutes in their legs on Monday but a lot of these guys need match fitness, particularly Quaner JDH and Erhahon who have all just come back from injury and should all start next Sunday. 

Going for a scrappy 2-1 home win but no shocked if that result happens in reverse. 

Is Dylan Reid allowed out to play given it's a Saturday and it's at home? Guessing he missed Ross County as it was a rather lengthy midweek trip. Back on the bench on Monday, although it would be past his bed time by the end of penalties. Would be good to see him given a run out if possible and maybe Finlayson too.

Less worried about resting players in this one than I was in Dingwall last week. That was a midweek away game before the big cup tie.
We have eight full days between this and the semi final so expect us to go with strongest available side. No doubt will end up with a couple season ending injuries as a result, but them’s the breaks.
Just need one point from our last three games to secure our best points tally in a top flight season since the 80’s and a win would certainly make us favourites for 7th, for all these things matter.
Accies fans seem resigned to 12th, but they’re far from out of it, and they are Accies. They win here and County lose at Tannadice they will end the day in 11th. Plenty of twists and turns to come in that dogfight yet I think and I still think Accies will stay up.
Fifth game against them this season, two Saints wins and two draw so far. Will go for another 1-1, a bit less dramatic than the last one.

Hopefully Quaner gets a bit more game time here to ready him for the semi-final, same goes for Erhahon. If we could have Brophy back in the squad that would be excellent timing too.

I’m not sure what the thinking was behind Tait & Fraser switching positions but I would hope it goes back to standard for Saturday. Henderson deserves to keep his place on the wing - he played well at Killie.

Hopefully Quaner gets a bit more game time here to ready him for the semi-final, same goes for Erhahon. If we could have Brophy back in the squad that would be excellent timing too.

I’m not sure what the thinking was behind Tait & Fraser switching positions but I would hope it goes back to standard for Saturday. Henderson deserves to keep his place on the wing - he played well at Killie.
I think that could have been down to trying to deal with Chris Burke, Fraser maybe a bit more mobile and quicker than Tait, it didn't really pay off if that was the reason.

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think that could have been down to trying to deal with Chris Burke, Fraser maybe a bit more mobile and quicker than Tait, it didn't really pay off if that was the reason.

Yeah, I'm positive that was it. Fraser was man marking Burke. Not sure it really worked out that well tbh.

Go with the flow on this one, I'd start Quaner and give him 50 mins or so and if possible give Brophy some game time, still going for 7th and in the Cup S/F - one in the eye for all the Eeyore's in our support.

Eeyore GIF by memecandy

Come on all ye Accies - one of you must have an opinion.

Despite some relatively close games this season St Mirren are miles better than us and should win comfortably. 

Only thing in Accies favour is the return of Smith and Thomas. If we are still in the hunt with 15 mins to go they could make a difference coming off the bench.

I rarely look forward to Accies games it has to be said, not since 2005 anyway. Although they've managed to be  escape artists over the years, I think time might have run out for them. If that's the case, I'm sure some of their support would almost welcome it. I know when we've been relegated it's almost  a case of relief after several years of trying to break away from the relegation zone and never quite managing to do it consistently. The Championship can be a bit of a graveyard, yet it also offers a bit of middle ground safety.

As for the lineups and result? *shrug*