What do you most admire about your rivals?

I've nicked this from the Premiership forum so that us diddies can have a go.

Your rivals might get on your wick but is there something you secretly admire about them? It doesn't just have to be League 2 rivals given traditional rivalries. Do Brechin fans like a Forfar Bridie? What do Cowden fans like about the Pars or the Lino Lickers? 

Back in the day City's rivals were Spartans and Whitehill.

You could admire Whitehill for dominating the East of Scotland League for many years despite coming from an ex mining village. They also tended not to give up and they scored a few last minute equalisers and winners against City over the years.

Spartans had a pretty good Scottish cup record and managed wins away to Highland League opposition. They also managed to get Ainslie Park built. OK so it's not Old Trafford but it's been an OK temporary home for us and they've been decent enough landlords.

What I like most about the pars is there arrogance. 
‘We will beat you when we get back to our better pitch’

’Our better players will show through’

etc. 
P.S. and have to admire Leishman getting on the pitch, delaying the kick off to tell the crowd how great the Pars are on the mic’

Edited by big al

The townies are (lesser) Fifers and have Stephens the Bakers pies and Bridie's - (even though they clearly give the old ones to away fans.)

I don't know anyone that has particularly strong feelings about Raith Rovers.

I don't mind East Fife, unless we are playing them of course when I therefore despise them.

20 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Kilmarnock have massively overachieved for a small club at some parts in their history, so I've got to respect that.

I’ve got to respect that your shareholders turned down David Murray’s takeover bid. You might have actually won a major honour, but ended up massively in debt. 😝 

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve got to respect that your shareholders turned down David Murray’s takeover bid. You might have actually won a major honour, but ended up massively in debt. 😝 

I thought the talk that we should regret rejecting David Murray died with Rangers. I am glad we told him to GTF, and I have never wished that we'd done any different.

The REAL source of regret for Ayr United fans is having Barr's millions at our disposal but being managed by that fucking clown Dalziel, who spunked a lot of that money on shite.

Edited to add: oh, and we still ended up in debt that almost ruined us.

Edited by Richey Edwards

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I thought the talk that we should regret rejecting David Murray died with Rangers. I am glad we told him to GTF, and I have never wished that we'd done any different.

The REAL source of regret for Ayr United fans is having Barr's millions at our disposal but being managed by that fucking clown Dalziel, who spunked a lot of that money on shite.

Edited to add: oh, and we still ended up in debt that almost ruined us.

And despite all that money you still have not won a major honour. 😂 

i dont think weve got much as local rivals apart from peterhead, inverness caley thistle and ross county but caley and county arent really rivals as there in the top leagues so id probably say peterhead more as they came up from highland league with us ive always admired there ambition theyve been up a league from us now and again so hopefully meet them again in a higher league through the playoffs hopefully 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

And despite all that money you still have not won a major honour. 😂 

What constitutes a major honour?

If you think I support a football team for honours, then you're sadly mistaken.

I don't even really like football that much.

Edited by Richey Edwards

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Don't remember it's a few years since we were both in the same division.

7 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Do they still have pies on rolls on the menu?

Pretty sure they do. Think they were also giving you the option of firing a square sausage in with it 😍 

26 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Clyde have some cracking old club songs that get played before games. You tend not to get that in the lower divisions.

I presume QP were above such vulgarities as recording a club song back in the 1950s.

The Song of the Clyde isn't too bad to be fair.

There, I've actually said something nice about Clyde FC. I'm now off for a lie down.