Euro 2020 - teams can now pick 26 players

What's everyone's thoughts on this

I personally think it is a good thing - I think 23 places is a bit thin especially for injuries etc

And wondering what 26 Clark will pick

Goalkeepers (3) - Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin

Defenders (9) Palmer, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Hanley, Hendry, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson

Midfielders (9) McLean, Armstrong, McGregor, Fleck, McGinn, Christie, Forrest, Gilmour, McTominay

Forwards (5) Adams, Dykes, Shankland, Fraser, Paterson

Ryan Jack and Oli McBurnie are out injured - I can't see Griffiths making the squad either - I reckon the squad will be something like above. What do others think?

Edited by nessies long lost ghost

What's everyone's thoughts on this

I personally think it is a good thing - I think 23 please is a but thin especially for injuries etc

And wondering what 26 Clark will pick

Goalkeepers (3) - Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin
Defenders (9) Palmer, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Hanley, Hendry, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson
Midfielders (9) McLean, Armstrong, McGregor, Fleck, McGinn, Christie, Forrest, Gilmour, McTominay
Forwards (5) Adams, Dykes, Shankland, Fraser, Paterson

Ryan Jack and Oli McBurnie are out injured - I can't see Griffiths making the squad either - I reckon the squad will be something like above. What do others think?
Gilmour won't make the squad m8, Gauld will.

I can't help but think Burke (Oliver) might be a useful wildcard. Just feels like the big, flailing moron will get lucky and do us a turn, maybe as a late sub.
I also felt that way about McBurnie - tho he's more of a controlled moron.

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I can't help but think Burke (Oliver) might be a useful wildcard. Just feels like the big, flailing moron will get lucky and do us a turn, maybe as a late sub.
I also felt that way about McBurnie - tho he's more of a controlled moron.

I forgot about Oli Burke - I think he may go - good shout

I have a question - is James Forrest still out? - I have not saw him for ages?

I forgot about Oli Burke - I think he may go - good shout
I have a question - is James Forrest still out? - I have not saw him for ages?
Forrest came back from his long injury and has played and started on recent weeks, tho he dropped to the bench because of a tight hamstring in one of the most recent fixtures - but that's to be expected for a guy trying to build up to full match fitness.
For me he is a must - bags of experience at club and international level, and a guy who has developed into a complete player. As a winger, he can employ a burst of pace or trickery, has a good finish, and can work the wing back role very well too. As long as he's not injured, he's in the squad.

On balance, it’s probably bad news for us. Croatia, England and the Czechs will have a better 24-26 than us. I’m not really sure we’ll benefit from the increased tactical flexibility this could offer either.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

On balance, it’s probably bad news for us. Croatia, England and the Czechs will have a better 24-26 than us. I’m not really sure we’ll benefit from the increased tactical flexibility this could offer either.

I don't think it will have that big an affect against us. I agree their 24th-26th picks will likely be stronger than ours but how many teams will unearth a gem in the last 3 picks that they aren't already aware of? But if 2 of our 3 picks are Gilmour and Patterson then they'd not be too bad.

In saying that it could benefit a team in the last round of fixtures, in our case say after 2 weeks of seeing Patterson training Clarke might decide he's worth starting but I doubt he decides that for the first game or even the second and that probably applies to most sides as their first 11 and matchday squad is probably known to them at this point. I don't know Croatia's weak areas so they might benefit from someone coming through and starting against us in the 3rd game that may not have played the first 2 or unless injuries force a change in either of the 1st games.

Nah, go for it in our home matches and we qualify... most 3rd place teams will qualify. No excuses, no regrets!!!!!

Edit, we will go out on GD.

From our perspective, it's good.  Another few options we can bring along to hopefully give us another dimension (although I don't think we really have too many contentious decisions to make, unlike some larger nations).

However, the new sub rule being kept on, and larger squads, are probably going to mean the games themselves descend into a bit of a farce late on.  Potentially 10 subs between the two sides, and another 2 potentially in extra-time.  And watch the ref add on a minute for the lot.