Partick vs Falkirk

Just now, MrDust said:

Im half expecting it to be similar as last time and leaving the fans who paid locked out again, its not looking good so far

Screenshot 2021-04-29 11.38.57.png

Don’t want to speak to soon, but our streaming system has been reliable ever since that issue when we last played you at Firhill. Hopefully by the time kick off rolls around there are no issues.

1 minute ago, R&Y99 said:

Going by what your fans have said it seems to be you are in a bit of an injury crises currently. In the first half of the season it seemed like we had more injured players than fit ones, but thankfully now our only injury worry is Bannigan who hopefully is back for tonight.

I think it’ll be a close game, I’m just praying we can get it over the line. 

Telfer  Connolly big misses. Dixon another one. Dowds is better than sammon or Francis.  I'd be surprised if there isn't at least 2 or 3 goals innit in your favour.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Make sure you get your pound off. Tight fisted gits.

football calculator - misses a third of the game £1

Still I think I missed 2/3 of the Airdrie tv game either through the camera being all over the place or the picture viewing like an old film found in the loft which was barely visible.

The penalty save moment really summed it up

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I wouldn't play Gomis at all. For me, he slows the play down far too much and is usually worth a booking or sending off in most games.

We obviously need to win so we need to go out with the mindset that we are capable of doing so. If we take the field thinking that we're going to get beat, then that's exactly what'll happen.

If Durnan's available I'd play him and Neilson in the middle as I think McLelland will struggle with Graham. That obviously means that Mercer would need to play which is not ideal, but needs must!

Mutch

Mercer, Neilson, Durnan, Kelly

Miller

Morrison, Alston, Fotheringham

Samon, Keena

Having said that, Fotheringham hasn't really shown anything so I'd maybe even be tempted to start Laverty!!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's quicker than miller. Id much rather have him in miller's position in front of the back 4.

I don't mean he cannae run fast, I mean that he slows the play down by usually taking too many touches, 2 where 1 would do, 3 when 2 etc. IMO there's no point in trying to contain Thistle, we need to go at them and I think Miller shows a bit more urgency.

Thistle to come out the traps flying and be 2-0 at half time (Tiffoney and Rudden).

Falkirk to score at about 60-70 mins and for us to shite it and sit in for the remaining time.

Sammon will miss a sitter late on and Thistle to win the league.

Will feel good to be a Jag again for the first time in nearly 4 years. That is until we release some cock brained statement that says something along the lines of "back where we should have been all along" and "success despite certain authorities having an agenda against us". All joy will be drowned out by the sheer riddy of our board.

Falkirk will still be shite and get papped out the playoffs by Airdrie.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

football calculator - misses a third of the game £1

Still I think I missed 2/3 of the Airdrie tv game either through the camera being all over the place or the picture viewing like an old film found in the loft which was barely visible.

The penalty save moment really summed it up

Happy to report that yous were utter shite and we saw it out with relative ease. 

That's you all caught up. 

Not sure where to start with this one...we're on a poor run of form, we have lots of injuries, we don't do well against full time sides and we wont know how to cope with a side who attacks us, which McCall will do with graham rudden tiffoney cardle etc.

I think this has the potential to get messy for us, however I will be listening and hoping for the best as you do, expect the unexpected and all that.

Partick 3 Falkirk 0

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Not sure where to start with this one...we're on a poor run of form, we have lots of injuries, we don't do well against full time sides and we wont know how to cope with a side who attacks us, which McCall will do with graham rudden tiffoney cardle etc.

I think this has the potential to get messy for us, however I will be listening and hoping for the best as you do, expect the unexpected and all that.

Partick 3 Falkirk 0

Yeah if they score early this could be a 3 or 4 easily.

Hold them out until into the 2nd half and they might get a bit leggy, but realistically the injuries we have have all but destroyed this as a contest.

The key to beating Partick is getting someone in behind Docherty and Bannigan in the 10 position. Fotheringham played there against Cove but I don't know what our midfield will look like with Gomis back from suspension. Keena came on as a sub last week and made a nuisance of himself but Holt isn't known for playing two up top so I think we'll start with the exact same line up we did vs Cove with possibly Gomis in for Miller as the only change.

Mutch

Mercer Neilson Mclelland Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis/Miller Leitch

Fotheringham

Sammon

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Happy to report that yous were utter shite and we saw it out with relative ease. 

That's you all caught up. 

I take it you were at the game ?

We were escaped how pish we were thanks to the superb camera work still in the Airdrie half as the ball was in our box,  but we have seen it all before.

God help us if its sunny again on Tuesday but we will still be pish

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The key to beating Partick is getting someone in behind Docherty and Bannigan in the 10 position. Fotheringham played there against Cove but I don't know what our midfield will look like with Gomis back from suspension. Keena came on as a sub last week and made a nuisance of himself but Holt isn't known for playing two up top so I think we'll start with the exact same line up we did vs Cove with possibly Gomis in for Miller as the only change.

Mutch

Mercer Neilson Mclelland Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis/Miller Leitch

Fotheringham

Sammon

Was Fotheringham playing ?

I jest of course but he must be amazing in training, he clearly is not ready for starting week in week out. Holt was a simple 4-4-2 most weeks with us, its the recent Livi time that has planted the 4-5-1 seed.

We will go 4-5-1 tonight or even 5-4-1 then if there is a grasp of a result later on we will throw everyone up front and lose another, the same as its been from the restart

Edited by MrDust