Partick vs Falkirk

Our mob have settled for a couple of play off games, then slink off to Brighton for their holidays. As BPM says, it wouldn’t exactly be the shock of the decade if we won, but given we haven’t beaten a full time side on league duty for the best part of two years, few of us can see that sorry record coming to an end tonight.

If M&M we’re still in town, they’d try for a draw. With Holt? Who knows, but it really is a free hit for him...........no-one (including him and most of the team) thinks we will do anything other than lie down again.

It's two bearded c***s sitting on a retro sofa, sipping coffee & writing poetry while listening to Belle and Sebastian (cassette, of course). The game plays in the background on a vintage cine projector.
50/50 winner gets a loaf of artisanal olive bread.
Ah, but what craft IPA are they drinking?CIYEFTtWoAEBKBL.jpeg

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This is Falkirk we're talking about. We'll probably win tonight and then at home to Montrose on Saturday, but bottle it against Airdrie on the final day and end up 2nd 

Hopefully you lose all three. 🍿 😂 

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This is Falkirk we're talking about. We'll probably win tonight and then at home to Montrose on Saturday, but bottle it against Airdrie on the final day and end up 2nd 

This would be peak Falkirk. Airdrie with a second string resting up for the playoffs and watching us throw on Francis and Leitch on the 70th minute for the league.

I think we will be out of our misery tonight though. 

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That your team good enough to have on your user now they've made it to a semi final? 

Two in one season with 5 Academy graduates playing. When was the last time you saw your team win a Major honour? I’ve seen my diddy team win two in my lifetime - Scottish Cup in 87 and League Cup in 2013. 

coverage starts 25 mins into the game but was aok.....well thats what happened last time
I contacted them after that game and they said there'd be code to access the March game - which, of course, didn't happen. I emailed last night and I did get a discount code to use with original username and password. I will be brave and watch through my fingers from behind the couch.

Fear levels through the roof today, I don't feel we massively deserve to be where we are, but now we're at the top and have a chance it's like... Don't f**k it up now. 

Calling it now, I think we'll f**k it tonight, we looked really nervy against Cove. Might lump it on Falkirk to win. 

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Presume gomis is back tonight at least? I'd perhaps stick miller at centrehalf to get a bit of experience back there.  Defend for 90 mins and hope for a Cieran McKenna feck up is about our only chance.

I wouldn't play Gomis at all. For me, he slows the play down far too much and is usually worth a booking or sending off in most games.

We obviously need to win so we need to go out with the mindset that we are capable of doing so. If we take the field thinking that we're going to get beat, then that's exactly what'll happen.

If Durnan's available I'd play him and Neilson in the middle as I think McLelland will struggle with Graham. That obviously means that Mercer would need to play which is not ideal, but needs must!

Mutch

Mercer, Neilson, Durnan, Kelly

Miller

Morrison, Alston, Fotheringham

Samon, Keena

Having said that, Fotheringham hasn't really shown anything so I'd maybe even be tempted to start Laverty!!

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I wouldn't play Gomis at all. For me, he slows the play down far too much and is usually worth a booking or sending off in most games.

We obviously need to win so we need to go out with the mindset that we are capable of doing so. If we take the field thinking that we're going to get beat, then that's exactly what'll happen.

If Durnan's available I'd play him and Neilson in the middle as I think McLelland will struggle with Graham. That obviously means that Mercer would need to play which is not ideal, but needs must!

Mutch

Mercer, Neilson, Durnan, Kelly

Miller

Morrison, Alston, Fotheringham

Samon, Keena

Having said that, Fotheringham hasn't really shown anything so I'd maybe even be tempted to start Laverty!!

He's quicker than miller. Id much rather have him in miller's position in front of the back 4.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you turn up you've got a good chance of winning.

I’ve not seen Falkirk play since your bad run started but going by what your fans said you have been really poor. Although I think your squad should be up for it tonight as it’s an all or nothing match for the title for you. 
We will see how it goes. :shutup

6 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I’ve not seen Falkirk play since your bad run started but going by what your fans said you have been really poor. Although I think your squad should be up for it tonight as it’s an all or nothing match for the title for you. 
We will see how it goes. :shutup

Problem is we just don't have the players. 6 or 7 first teamers out with only 1 or 2 expected back this season. With a full squad and Holt in charge maybe just maybe we'd have a chance but too many kids mixed with players not good enough is all we have at the moment. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem is we just don't have the players. 6 or 7 first teamers out with only 1 or 2 expected back this season. With a full squad and Holt in charge maybe just maybe we'd have a chance but too many kids mixed with players not good enough is all we have at the moment. 

Going by what your fans have said it seems to be you are in a bit of an injury crises currently. In the first half of the season it seemed like we had more injured players than fit ones, but thankfully now our only injury worry is Bannigan who hopefully is back for tonight.

I think it’ll be a close game, I’m just praying we can get it over the line. 

1 hour ago, the optimist said:

I contacted them after that game and they said there'd be code to access the March game - which, of course, didn't happen. I emailed last night and I did get a discount code to use with original username and password. I will be brave and watch through my fingers from behind the couch.

Im half expecting it to be similar as last time and leaving the fans who paid locked out again, its not looking good so far

Screenshot 2021-04-29 11.38.57.png