Partick vs Falkirk

The fear fully setting in now, Thursday after work the beers will be getting tanned. 

We actually don't look that tired, even at the end of the game last night, but we look a bit nervy and not taking our chances as well. Really need Bannigan back in the team and I really didn't think I'd say that this season. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pretty sure we gave Partick 3,500 tickets for that match and they only brought 2000 fans? I was thinking more along the lines of this...

10,478 at Brockville that night including a tremendous away support 

Despite losing that was a phenomenal game. I do fear that Falkirk having a night off last night will be a telling factor. I just hope that given what we have been through in recent times and how this group of players have dragged themselves to the top, have the fight and determination to see it through. Hoping for a win, on form we should but this is Thistle.

Edited by banditjag

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Despite losing that was a phenomenal game. I do fear that Falkirk having a night off last night will be a telling factor. I just hope that given what we have been through in recent times and how this group of players have dragged themselves to the top, have the fight and determination to see it through. Hoping for a win, on form we should but this is Thistle.

We’re awful, you’ve got nothing to worry about. Terrible squad to begin with and have injuries to key players. Would imagine it’ll be 2/3-0 on the night. 

Win this and we're up.  We're favourites, at home, and are scoring goals.  Falkirk fans say they're utterly dreadful. At worst, we just need to make sure we don't lose.
What could possibly go wrong?

You see normally our supporters are putting up some form of pretence that we a shite, hoping to spring a surprise.
This time we genuinely are not.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pretty sure we gave Partick 3,500 tickets for that match and they only brought 2000 fans? I was thinking more along the lines of this...

Great video (scoreline aside).

We need Falkirk and Thistle in the top league. One step at a time. Let's get out of this shit-show seaside league and reconvene at the top of the Championship in 12 months.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we go up and all, but I will miss a good ol' fashioned crowdwank.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

back at Elliots to watch the highlights on Sportscene too......

Lambie trying to banjo his own player after Stainrod done him like a kipper

Ps can we have anyman save on Thursday due to our injury list ?

I agree if we don't go up then hope it's Thistle. Nothing at all against Cove as a club or their fans but would hate that greasy wee p***k of a manager to get any success.

Plus I've got a pal in G'mouth who is a Thistle fan and everytime I bump into him it's like a "we are shiter than you debate" , i've a feeling the bragging rights are going to be mine for a while yet.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've only gone and got ourselves an interim assistant manager and an interim goalkeeping coach. You're getting pumped now.

Hopefully the brains to Holt's chilled out entertainer schtick. Not sure it'll make a difference to the split, I see us taking 4 points from the remaining games tbh

Thistle on a strong run of form and players returning from injury is the inversion of where we're at. Think we'll get a point at best tomorrow and finish 2nd/3rd.

The playoff route  probably then Cove in the semi and the winner plays the winner of Airdrie v Morton/Arbroath. Not insurmountable challenges by any means but it would be good to have Dixon, Telfer and Dowds back to give ourselves a fighting chance

38 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Hopefully the brains to Holt's chilled out entertainer schtick. Not sure it'll make a difference to the split, I see us taking 4 points from the remaining games tbh

Thistle on a strong run of form and players returning from injury is the inversion of where we're at. Think we'll get a point at best tomorrow and finish 2nd/3rd.

The playoff route  probably then Cove in the semi and the winner plays the winner of Airdrie v Morton/Arbroath. Not insurmountable challenges by any means but it would be good to have Dixon, Telfer and Dowds back to give ourselves a fighting chance

office-uk-season1-1-downsize+%25283%2529

"We are fucking dreadful. I forgot about that."

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Although I'm not optimistic about our chances of winning the league now, I could see us getting through two legs against Cove and then dispatching the 9th place Champ side. Especially if we can get some of the injured players available again

If we put up a half decent performance tomorrow night then possibly, but unless we find some drastically better form we are humped.

Guest Peter LaFleur
17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Although I'm not optimistic about our chances of winning the league now, I could see us getting through two legs against Cove and then dispatching the 9th place Champ side. Especially if we can get some of the injured players available again

Going by Holts pre match interview only Durnan and Dowds have a chance to play before the season ends.