Dundee United vs Ross County - 1st of May 2021

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Were getting beat by a team that have Col Donaldson and Blair fucking Spittal.

And our new contract earning star man Pawlett is warming the bench nicely.

Thats cool.

Aren't you resting players for the big game? Not looked at the line-up like, but I did expect league results to lag when all focus is on the cup.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aren't you resting players for the big game? Not looked at the line-up like, but I did expect league results to lag when all focus is on the cup.

It’s not like it’s a midweek game, the players shouldn’t need rested for next weekend.

County deserved their half time lead and nothing really happened in the second half.

Very poor performance from United, but not really a surprise.  Kerr Smith looks promising and that’s about the only positive.

12 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Fair play to County - they looked decent and thoroughly deserved the victory. Another couple of performances like that and you’ll be safe. 
I can only hope we improve otherwise next week could get embarrassing.

I’m hoping the performance is due to players having their minds on the semi.  I took encouragement from Deniz’s performance, just hope he’s not left so exposed by the defenders next week.

Ross County thoroughly deserved that, good to see we're committed in our efforts to keep the Mallard in the League.

Not to go all RandomGuy here but United's xG was only 0.14 - one of the lowest of the entire season. Our front three were missing today - but suppose we're focusing on the Cup next week, for that much improvement is needed.