Dundee United vs Ross County - 1st of May 2021

Can we relegate you by winning?  Or at least consign you to the play-off? That would be fun
Technically, no.

But if we get nothing from this game & Killie win at Motherwell, it'll leave us 5 points adrift of 10th with 6 to play for.

I'm honestly beyond caring. So no doubt we will get at least a point to give us hope. Jordan White needs dropped, Paton and Shaw need to start & we need to find a new defender from somewhere cause I've lost confidence in all of our centre backs. I really wouldn't hate there being 6/7+ changes and a new shape just to try and get a tune out of this awful squad.

11 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

Technically, no.

But if we get nothing from this game & Killie win at Motherwell, it'll leave us 5 points adrift of 10th with 6 to play for.

I'm honestly beyond caring. So no doubt we will get at least a point to give us hope. Jordan White needs dropped, Paton and Shaw need to start & we need to find a new defender from somewhere cause I've lost confidence in all of our centre backs. I really wouldn't hate there being 6/7+ changes and a new shape just to try and get a tune out of this awful squad.

This.  I don't really care which centre halves play - they're all terrible except for the ones who are seemingly dead because our medical staff can't fix a hamstring strain.  No doubt Tillson will be playing wide on the right, and White will start despite being the least effective striker.    I might change the keeper, because why the heck not?

I honestly think this is worse than Owen Coyle.  At least under Owen Coyle there was no real pretence of improvement, other than that one game against Dundee when all four goals came from Dundee mistakes.    John Hughes is an absolute myth.  His "guid, honest" football is nothing of the sort.  It's long balls from the full back areas, albeit the keeper and centre half are involved too.

Dundee United did to Aberdeen exactly what they should do to County.  Let the defenders pass the ball about, then force Naismith to punt the ball 50 yards to nobody in particular, then take the ball up the field and score.  

Edit:  Stephen Kelly hasn't had a chance to show how crap he is for a while.  He'll play and do nothing.  Rangers fans have a real treat in store if they think he's the future.

Edited by Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This.  I don't really care which centre halves play - they're all terrible except for the ones who are seemingly dead because our medical staff can't fix a hamstring strain.  No doubt Tillson will be playing wide on the right, and White will start despite being the least effective striker.    I might change the keeper, because why the heck not?

I honestly think this is worse than Owen Coyle.  At least under Owen Coyle there was no real pretence of improvement, other than that one game against Dundee when all four goals came from Dundee mistakes.    John Hughes is an absolute myth.  His "guid, honest" football is nothing of the sort.  It's long balls from the full back areas, albeit the keeper and centre half are involved too.

Dundee United did to Aberdeen exactly what they should do to County.  Let the defenders pass the ball about, then force Naismith to punt the ball 50 yards to nobody in particular, then take the ball up the field and score.  

Edit:  Stephen Kelly hasn't had a chance to show how crap he is for a while.  He'll play and do nothing.  Rangers fans have a real treat in store if they think he's the future.

Was thinking this earlier, we'll get something decent like Paton coming in for Tilson but then Draper will be dropped for Kelly and we'll get chucked about like a wet trackie.

Billy Mckay and Oli Shaw up front with Midge as a 10 would be nice but I think we'll get a 4-4-2 with White and Mckay again. 

Dont particularly like the thought of putting County down if im honest. Great away day and the fans i met after the 2010 cup final were top notch. I wouldnt be adverse to throwing this game 

If United play anything like they did against Aberdeen, they'll stick four or five past us.

If they play like utter pish, they'll still beat us 1-0.

Our defenders are each liable to one horrific f**k up a game, so there will be at least one goal from Iacovitti/Hjelde/Watson/Donaldson or whoever forgetting how to defend a set piece/long ball/simple pass. If Tilson plays we win second balls in midfield but he's pish. If Draper plays he'll give away endless free kicks we'll concede from. If Vigurs plays he'll do something stupid at least once. If Paton plays, he'll run about and take a touch too many almost every time. If RCC plays, he'll fall over a lot. If Shaw plays, we'll hammer aimless long balls at him. If Mckay plays, he'll spend 80% of the game hunting for scraps in midfield as our service is awful. If White plays he'll get marked out the game. 

This season has been so goddamn depressing.

Edited by Comrie

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

If United play anything like they did against Aberdeen, they'll stick four or five past us.

If they like utter pish, they'll still beat us 1-0.

Our defenders are each liable to one horrific f**k up a game, so there will be at least one goal from Iacovitti/Hjelde/Watson/Donaldson or whoever forgetting how to defend a set piece/long ball/simple pass. If Tilson plays we win second balls in midfield but he's pish. If Draper plays he'll give away endless free kicks we'll concede from. If Vigurs plays he'll do something stupid at least once. If Paton plays, he'll run about and take a touch too many almost every time. If RCC plays, he'll fall over a lot. If Shaw plays, we'll hammer aimless long balls at him. If Mckay plays, he'll spend 80% of the game hunting for scraps in midfield as our service is awful. If White plays he'll get marked out the game. 

This season has been so goddamn depressing.

Damn near perfect summary of County's season.  The only bit you missed was Stephen Kelly takes a pass from a centre half and immediately gives him it back without either player moving 😬

I can only hope that United rest players for the cup semi. That being said, you need to have competent footballers to win a football match and we don't have many of those so United could probably field their Under 18s and still have a decent shout.

Mentioned on another thread but I think we still need to start as strong a team as possible (barring anyone with niggles), in order to keep the team due to play next week match sharp.

I would also be interested to see if last Sunday was not just a fluke and we have actually have clicked a bit as well.

That being said, I think we should use all subbies regardless of the score to give the younger lads some game time at least.

There will still be 2 meaningless games after the semi to play more youth if need be.

I notice that this match is £12.50 to watch on PPV but the heartache of watching this  County team is maybe just too much.

I've worked hard all week and could do without putting my stress level through the roof again. It was so nice not having to suffer a County game last weekend.

I'll still probably pay for it though!

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I notice that this match is £12.50 to watch on PPV but the heartache of watching this  County team is maybe just too much.

I've worked hard all week and could do without putting my stress level through the roof again. It was so nice not having to suffer a County game last weekend.

I'll still probably pay for it though!

Nice one, thanks, we could do with the cash !!!!!😎

If I put my head under the blanket and pretend the game never happened I can say it finished 0-0, right?

9 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Omg, he's only gone and picked Vigurs and Kelly in the same starting XI again, and dropped McKay!

No way I'm paying to watch this now!

I paid before seeing the team, May as well have chucked 12.50 down the toilet.

On 28/04/2021 at 10:30, Savage Henry said:

A gold star for you. I wish I saw the lineup before buying the PPV.