What do you admire about your Rivals?

I admire the fact Dundee United get pretty top dollar for their players. 

The fact they'll push the agenda they're playing loads and loads of players from their academy - probably in a hope they can get more top dollar. IMO. 

The fans? No matter how well they're doing - or how poorly they're doing - any time a Dundee fan passes comment they go full on spit and rage and talk about their rivals (Dundee Football Club) for numerous pages. It's that addiction to the Dee that keeps the world turning. Again, IMO. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They were winning 9 times out of 10, of course they were going to have good crowds.

If they were playing their kids and finishing 4th/5th in the 3rd Division that first season, they’d soon get bored very quickly. 

That was never going to happen though. They had to make sure they signed players to get them promoted with ease.

Nearing full capacity every week though in the third& fourth tier?
Can only speak as an individual but if Celtic went to the wall I would have far more interest in a phoenix club starting from scratch like you have suggested rather than trying to tupe as many from the old club as possible and trying to carry on a narrative no one really buys.

For Accies, I admire any fan who spends their money following their team week in, week out.  We have Celtic/Rangers fans galore in our part of the world, so turning up to support their local term deserves my respect.  Growing up, Accies were a lower league outfit who spent the best part of a decade not playing in the town, so to come back from that and achieve what they've achieved since in the top flight with a small support is brilliant.

They are, however, run by a bunch of charlatans who make the Committee from Phoenix Nights look competent,  play at a glorified public park next door to not one, but two supermarket loading bays and, despite not producing a player of note in about a decade, are still bizarrely thought of as some sort of great producer of young talent.

Get doon! 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I’d probably say the same with Celtic. Say what you want about them, but they always seem to milk a transfer fee for an extra few million (I heard reports that the Klimala deal to NY Red Bulls is worth up to £5m which is about £5m over valuation).

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d probably say the same with Celtic. Say what you want about them, but they always seem to milk a transfer fee for an extra few million (I heard reports that the Klimala deal to NY Red Bulls is worth up to £5m which is about £5m over valuation).

I like the way rangers fans try their best to give Celtic credit but just can't do it.

38 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I like the way rangers fans try their best to give Celtic credit but just can't do it.

Trust me, I’m extremely impressed you managed to squeeze £5m out of someone for Klimala. It deserves a lot of credit.

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

The fact they'll push the agenda they're playing loads and loads of players from their academy - probably in a hope they can get more top dollar. IMO. 

The fans? No matter how well they're doing - or how poorly they're doing - any time a Dundee fan passes comment they go full on spit and rage and talk about their rivals (Dundee Football Club) for numerous pages. It's that addiction to the Dee that keeps the world turning. Again, IMO. 

To be fair Mr Alli you'd be as well holding a mirror up to your own support, as you've allowed many United fans a near copy and paste about Dee fans.

Many many Dees seem to spend their time  posting about United more than their own club. It must be something that afflicts fans of rivals that some of them seem to worry and obsess over the "other team" rather than their own as you see the same fans from other 2 club cities.

For me I'll spend as much time thinking about Dundee as any other club, other than when Derby days are here or when discussing things with Dee friends. Others on both sides seem to be unable to do that

17 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

I like Sunshine on Leith.

Most Hibs fans I've ever met have been pretty good guys when on any subject other than Hearts. Some of them really need to calm down when it comes to us.

Supporting a non-OF side is always the right answer, and that includes Hibs fans.

The mental scarring that the derby dominance has clearly had on some Hibs fans is absolutely hilarious. :lol:

I talk to some fellow Hibbys and get along fine with them, and then you mention someone ultimately harmless who just happens to be on the other side of the divide (top of my head, Jim Jefferies) and their pupils just dilate and you're treated to a massive outburst of seethe. Tremendous viewing.

I admire every single one of the non-OF teams. Even Hearts. Absolutely love Scottish football. Having lived abroad for 7 years now, it's only been emphasised. In a way, I was jealous of Sevco fans getting to start from the bottom and visit the grounds of all the teams throughout the league system. Diverse group of towns, teams and techniques - and a really hard-nosed, fast paced, honest brand of football in general. 

Rangers and Celtic - meh. I don't hate them, but they bring down an otherwise quirky and diverse footballing community. Can't help but feel that if Glasgow were to have more than just two huge teams and two small teams, it might make for a more interesting footballing city. As it stands, their dominance - and the extra baggage they bring to the game - are fairly unwelcome. 

Edited by The Other Foot

Either everyone is our rival or no-one is our rival depending what way you look at it.

Maybe a bit too topical, but Dundee United do have this ability to pop up and give us a bloody nose from time to time.................Sunday wasn't the first time that kind of capitulation has happened in an important cup tie. 

We have played them many times over the years in cups and won a fair few, but have also suffered arse collapse in plenty going all the way back to the 79/80 LC final replay.  There was a couple of 4-1s in the Calderwood era that spring to mind.   Something about that club......