Motherwell vs Kilmarnock - Saturday 1st May

After Monday I thought we'd have a fighting chance after our performance on Monday night. Instead we looked very, very poor. To travel to a team with nothing to play for except finishing tap of the shite and lose in the manner that we did is chronic, and the other results have drawn us ever-closer to the plughole.

Wednesday night is now absolutely massive and in addition to helping out you Steelmen in your quest to continue being better than the Buddies, I think the best we can hope for is that Accies and County draw as a win for either side there doesn't help us. Oh to be in a situation like Motherwell right now...

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Foley has been very decent. A huge upgrade on Crawford.

Aye, showing exactly why we signed him in January. 

It’s a shame that we’ve not seen more of him like and at 34, I’d be surprised if he got a new deal. Was excellent today though, snuffed out numerous attacks and was composed on the ball throughout- great play for the opening goal as well. 

Lacked a bit of quality in the final third 1st half but the finish by Cole and his bit of skill to set up the 2nd were delightful. Lovey finish from the best right back Scotland as well. 

Overall it was an enjoyable display, done the ugly side effectively but actually mixed it with some decent football as well. Hopefully a sign of things to come next season under Alexander. 

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Aye, showing exactly why we signed him in January. 

It’s a shame that we’ve not seen more of him like and at 34, I’d be surprised if he got a new deal. Was excellent today though, snuffed out numerous attacks and was composed on the ball throughout- great play for the opening goal as well. 

Lacked a bit of quality in the final third 1st half but the finish by Cole and his bit of skill to set up the 2nd were delightful. Lovey finish from the best right back Scotland as well. 

Overall it was an enjoyable display, done the ugly side effectively but actually mixed it with some decent football as well. Hopefully a sign of things to come next season under Alexander. 

If he is going to be fit then Foley might be worth a gamble of a one year deal.  If we are bringing new blood in then a bit of experience in midfield won’t go amiss.  He doesn’t have to play every game.

I can't imagine at 34 there will be a number of clubs banging down the door to get to Foley. I also can't imagine he would be demanding an excessive wage given his circumstances. Might be worth to give home the next two games to show what he can do and take it from there, a one year deal might be worthwhile for both parties.

I've been trying to get Ricardo Lamvalho going but to no avail
Ricki Lahmie surely?*

*Although I realise it would work better if Lamie was a full back (which he definitely isn't).

6 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I can't imagine at 34 there will be a number of clubs banging down the door to get to Foley. I also can't imagine he would be demanding an excessive wage given his circumstances. Might be worth to give home the next two games to show what he can do and take it from there, a one year deal might be worthwhile for both parties.

It would be a good deal for Foley, not sure about the club though given his age and fitness. I would say a bit of a risk after a season of players not being fit enough to play.

16 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Ricki Lahmie surely?*

*Although I realise it would work better if Lamie was a full back (which he definitely isn't).

Miodragicki Krivokalamiepic.

Probably doesn’t work.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Only one solitary post from a Killie fan since 14:07 when the team sheet was published - is that some sort of apathetic record for a matchday thread? 

Curry chat was poor today

33 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Only one solitary post from a Killie fan since 14:07 when the team sheet was published - is that some sort of apathetic record for a matchday thread? 

We have our own busy forum, which we pay for. Wee bit different from the financial cheats that Motherwell are..