Motherwell vs Kilmarnock - Saturday 1st May

Starting this thread as I might as well.

Both teams punted out the cup on Penalties. We (Motherwell) don't have much to play for apart from winning the best of the bottom. Kilmarnock are still fighting for survival and it doesn't look too good with Lafferty Injured along side Kabamba. Don't know if either of those 2 will be fit for the game.

Anyway, game kicks off at 3pm on Saturday 1st May. PPV tickets can be bought at the Motherwell site for £12. Season ticket holders should go to the "live" site instead of the PPV site.

PPV Site: https://ppv.motherwellfc.co.uk/

In any case, with Watt back and the lack of Lafferty and Kabamba for Killie (potentailly) I am feeling slightly more confident in a win.  I would say 1-0 Well.

If Lafferty is somehow fit for the game then I would easily reverse that scoreline.

I'm wondering if Watt will be back as I read an interview where he said he was on crutches until last week and had to hammer the painkillers to take part on Saturday.

I am caught between wanting to do all we can to finish 7th and not wanting to risk him long-term given that we are safe, so I would probably balance both of those with having him on the bench to come if needed, like last week. It was obvious how much different a side we were with him at the weekend.

Killie had transferred from the Relegation Express to the Scottish Cup Winners Locomotive, but after a quick check of the tickets, the inspector has booted us off Indiana Jones style and back on to our original train.

Very worried that come 5pm on Saturday the league table is going to look very, very depressing once again, especially with our one good player injured. 

If that fat waste of space Colin Doyle starts the game I honestly might not bother to watch. 

Can easily see a Killie win here.

We've already seen what happens if this team turns up with a complacent attitude (we lose 2-0 and 4-1) and those were games where we weren't safe from relegation. Barring O'Donnell and Gallagher who are presumably looking to keep themselves in the Scotland squad so have certain expectations to meet half our team could legitimately be on the beach.

I mean, the team that started against Hibs had 6 players who are either loanees or out of contract in a few weeks.

Killie on the other hand actually have something to play for, we're just trying to finish 7th and keep our record of finishing above St Mirren intact.

If Lafferty is out then that's a bonus since it feels like he scores against us no matter who he's playing for. Which is annoying.

Agree with @crazylegsjoe_mfc I don't see there's too much value in risking aggravating Watt's injury if we don't have to. There's no doubt he makes a noticeable difference to us though.

Edited by capt_oats

I thought Killie looked decent in both Rugby park games - not just the game they won at a canter - so not massively confident here given they've got more to play for. Hoping for an Eddie Nolan - Chaz Dunne defensive pairing to freshen things up a bit.

34 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Personally I'm hoping Ricki Lamie plays. 

Baller.

Obviously, touch wood I'm not jinxing him for the weekend, but the Alexander version of Ricki Lamie is vastly improved from the Robinson version. He's actually been pretty decent lately.

Now that we're confirmed as safe I'm hoping we might see a few changes/tweaks to get a head start on planning for next season - maybe McGinley into his natural position at centre back and Jake Carroll back in at left back. I wouldn't mind seeing Hastie being given a run out to see if it's worth trying to get him back again next season because he's obviously got no chance of breaking into the Rangers team. 

If Lafferty is missing and Killie continue with Doyle in goals I wouldn't be surprised if this finished a draw. If Lafferty plays then Killie will edge it.  

Edited by dezz

Is every game an away game these days?
I feel as though I am always paying £12 never aff Hesgoal just now. 

I dunno what I want from these last few games. Other than to finish above St Mirren.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I dunno what I want from these last few games. Other than to finish above St Mirren.

Think you've answered your own question there.

This season has been utterly chronic and could have easily been far, far worse.

It kinda tells its own story that that's the bar we've set for grasping at a modicum of achievement.

Ach I am no even that bothered about that but with their crowing about their best team in decades and not having finished above us in about 3 decades I think it'd be fun to keep that up.