Clyde v East Fife

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Not really if they are 2m apart and wearing face Mask; just like thousands of us do at work every day for 7-8 hours at a time

33 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The definition of a close contact has been laid out right from the start.

• face-to-face contact including being coughed on or having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
  • been within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
  • been within 2 metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact, or added up together over one day)

Yes, I get that. The protocols minimise risk. They do not make anyone SAFE from airborne particles on a 3 hour bus journey.

Well, given that the award of a win to Clyde (as was I imagine a potential outcome) would directly and adversely affect Dumbarton (and, importantly with almost no time to recover with there being only two games of the season left), we would have to have been considered.
Given the perilous situation both clubs find themselves in, to have given Clyde the win without considering the ramifications on us would have called into question the integrity of the game. To suggest our position couldn’t or shouldn’t have been considered is utterly laughable.  The outcome from this afternoon is a fair one and means the integrity of the game and governing body of the game in this country is intact (in relation to this matter anyway).
The SPFL didn't take into consideration Berwick Rangers when they awarded Albion Rovers a 3-0 win over Clyde during 18/19. That decision was announced on a Saturday and Albion Rovers won their game that day too meaning there was a 6 point swing in the relegation battle.

I very much doubt today's decision took Dumbarton into account at all.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Given that this all seemingly took place within the space of half an hour, it's at least highly questionable what was known when, whether there was enough time and information to make a considered opinion and what information East Fife had to base their decision on. These should have been the first priority of the SPFL but instead, they've clarified none of that and jumped to a disciplinary hearing.

It just seems like yet another case of overly bureaucratic incompetency from the SPFL and a complete inability to respond appropriately to any kind of slightly out of the ordinary situation that arises.

No it isn’t - rather it’s a simple and efficient application of the rules which cover such situations 

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems relatively fair but I really don't see why they can't announce that first leg of playoffs is moved to Sunday if we are involved. Hopefully East Fife won't be arsed...

They'll be arsed all right.

They (or their lying manager) have been playing the victim card to all and sundry - even though they've admitted (now) that they were at fault, and Clyde have been shown to have done everything by the book (for a change).

Today's decision is further proof that the SPFL just make rules up as they go along, depending on which team, or teams, is/are affected. 

If we end up in the playoffs, we will have 2 days to recover from Thursday’s game and will have to foot the bill for the additional game costs. This decision takes no account of the impact on Clyde who complied with protocols. Ultimately the SPFL don’t really give a toss if it’s not the Premier league they’re dealing with. 

Clyde voted for more or less all of this - they voted for a season end date of next Thursday, they voted to play extra games which increased the risk of these types of postponements, and they voted not to have automatic 3-0 defeats for forfeits.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

A go fund me :lol:

They literally admitted to breaking the rules. 

Football fans are, in general, morons.

Sucked in through generations believing its their role in life to give these business money for nothing, simply because they're "my club!".

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clyde voted for more or less all of this - they voted for a season end date of next Thursday, they voted to play extra games which increased the risk of these types of postponements, and they voted not to have automatic 3-0 defeats for forfeits.

They did not vote for another team breaking the rules. Your last point was an entirely different scenario. 

So now that is has been shown that just because all of your opponents and teammates, who played 48hrs previously off the back of a negative test for that game, could actually have contracted covid since then and only sheer fate might warn you before kick off of that fact - will the EF players stick to their guns and refuse to play out the rest of the season in order to protect their heavily pregnant or shielding wives?

All players across all leagues who started this season and have continued to do have done so at risk. A risk they have obviously calculated as worth taking and knowing that risk is not just to them.

The season should never have started until the pandemic was under control and fans could get into the stadia.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

It's going to be tough. After all this, we might just decide to not turn up on Thursday, put Dumbarton into the play-offs for a laugh and take the ten grand hit.

Plenty of away games this season in which we've 'failed to turn up' in. Thankfully they didn't take that into account.

The SPFL told hibs they’d forfeit the Celtic game if they didn’t play, slightly different circumstances but still the point stands. 

I wouldn’t have played personally either, but is it one rule for one and one for another? Not like the authorities to do that here. 

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

The SPFL told hibs they’d forfeit the Celtic game if they didn’t play, slightly different circumstances but still the point stands. 

I wouldn’t have played personally either, but is it one rule for one and one for another? Not like the authorities to do that here. 

There's the difference though.

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There's the difference though.

Why threaten one team with it but don’t carry it out when the situation actually comes up though? I’d be interested to hear how they answered that question. 

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm more bothered about knowing what sort of result against Clyde we would need on Saturday - there are scenarios that make it a must win and others where a draw might be okay. 

Here's a mad idea, don't go for a draw, go out and beat the b*****ds & you'll be pretty much home and hosed.