Clyde v East Fife

1 minute ago, Scott-Replay said:

I would also expect a slap on the wrist and a try again please. Now not that I disagree in anyway with East Fife’s decision but watching a good, old mass heads-gone is always funny.

May I suggest the replies to the Clyde 1 SSB tweet as a starting point. 

18 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Just when you think the SPFL can't be any more of a ridiculously incompetent organisation....

Well without knowing the facts how can you rush to such a judgement - invariably if a club says it can’t or won’t fulfil a fixture there is such a hearing.  

14 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well without knowing the facts how can you rush to such a judgement - invariably if a club says it can’t or won’t fulfil a fixture there is such a hearing.  

I would expect an investigation into exactly what happened and some clarification from the SPFL before jumping straight to disciplinary proceedings, given the fairly exceptional circumstances. I might not know all the facts but I'd be fairly confident the SPFL have done neither of these things.

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

whilst simultaneously trying to save Brechin from relegation).

Do people still not get that Brechin finishing 10th doesn't relegate them?

Seriously, this is for debate I’m not trying to criticise any of the 2 clubs here:

What if evidence shows that the player involved had no close contact with the rest of the squad and again proven that Clyde’s protocol were 100% squeaky clean.  If East Fife were informed of all this and was therefore obviously no threat to their health then still refused to play. Would that give grounds for the authorities to investigate this and potentially “punish “ them?

21 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Are you suggesting that contingency plans have been made after not making them all season?

However this pans out I really hope there is no future enmity between clubs, officials and fans.  The entire season has been a trial for everyone and any blame should be directed at the architects of the additional four games which left hee-haw margin for what happened last night.

9 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Seriously, this is for debate I’m not trying to criticise any of the 2 clubs here:

What if evidence shows that the player involved had no close contact with the rest of the squad and again proven that Clyde’s protocol were 100% squeaky clean.  If East Fife were informed of all this and was therefore obviously no threat to their health then still refused to play. Would that give grounds for the authorities to investigate this and potentially “punish “ them?

If later evidence showed that the player had no close contact, other than during the Peterhead game, and no other players were infected, great. East Fife didn't even know there had been a positive test until the players took to the pitch and had minutes to make a decision. You can't damn East Fife for not knowing facts that are only established days later. The positive player apparently played against Peterhead whilst positive. He has categorically been in close contact with other Clyde players. We'll only know if he infected any of them when their tests from yesterday get the results back.

Edited by Gordon EF

44 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Come on SPFL. I mean, if East Fife refused to play then yes, it is a forfeit but apply common sense for once. Do the right thing and relegate Brechin.

They'll do anything to cover their own arses. I hope this is the start of something big. 

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

However this pans out I really hope there is no future enmity between clubs, officials and fans.  The entire season has been a trial for everyone and any blame should be directed at the architects of the additional four games which left hee-haw margin for what happened last night.

Exactly. As far as I can see, there's no evidence that Clyde or East Fife have broken any protocols, been dishonest or have made any decisions that weren't entirely focussed on players health first and footballing 'fairness' (if you want to call it that) second. Exactly as it should be.

It's up to the SPFL to resolve the issue and if they make a mess of it, they'll be the only ones to blame.

Guest andyp1301
41 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

(To be completely honest forcing a team to take the field and put themselves at risk during a Pandemic is absolutely fucking ridiculous...)

I agree....a small fine and reschedule for next Thursday-  sporting integrity...we want to earn our safety not get it by default.

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Oh God Reaction GIF

Aye, pretty much. If the SPFL give East Fife a fine and award the game to Clyde there's nothing East Fife, Dumbarton or anyone else can realistically do. They're judge and jury here. They won't give a f**k.

There's basically one solution that doesn't ensure a total heads gone from at least one club - play the game next Thursday. Odds on the SPFL getting there?

15 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If later evidence showed that the player had no close contact, other than during the Peterhead game, and no other players were infected, great. East Fife didn't even know there had been a positive test until the players took to the pitch and had minutes to make a decision. You can't damn East Fife for not knowing facts that are only established days later. The positive player apparently played against Peterhead whilst positive. He has categorically been in close contact with other Clyde players. We'll only know if he infected any of them when their tests from yesterday get the results back.

Or infected any Peterhead player’s I suppose too, given that observation