Clyde v East Fife

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Also, could SOMEONE please release a statement about the testing because I am losing the will to live seeing gammons posting "Ah but he should never have been playin or on bus or in changin if the test was positive dock Clyde points pls!!!111"

Just to clarify, I don't think any team should be docked points here. With more info that comes out it sounds like it's an entirely shite situation for both teams. Either find some date to play it or go on PPG. 

It shouldn't take the SPFL too long to get each parties version of events and clarify what happened (aye, I know it's the SPFL we're talking about here). Until that happens, with what we've heard so far, it looks like it's bascially something that happened outwith anyone's control and there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that anyone has acted in bad faith. Clyde were justified in wanting the game to go ahead. East Fife were justified in refusing to play the game. Unless something else comes out, I don't think either club should be disadvantaged by this, or that Dumbarton should be indirectly disadvantaged.

The sensible solution would be to try to get the game played a week tomorrow and failing that, void the game and decide league placings on PPG. That basically means avoiding relegation is still entirely in the hands of both Clyde and Dumbarton.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Just to clarify, I don't think any team should be docked points here. With more info that comes out it sounds like it's an entirely shite situation for both teams. Either find some date to play it or go on PPG. 

I don't think you're a gammon Moonster, apologies if it came across that way! I'm more referring to your average Joe on social media Quote Tweeting Darren Young. As a further example, I have just seen someone Tweet that the player should be given a lengthy ban for playing on Saturday with COVID. It's just a complete lack of understanding of how the testing works. Not that I think it's perfect mind you.

You are absolutely correct, I would be raging if I was in Dumbarton’s  position. Where is the fairness or integrity if Dumbarton end up in the playoffs due to these circumstances that is totally out of their control.
If it is decided on points per game then Clyde will be in the play offs based on something out with our control.

Fairest all round would be to play the game next Thursday. The SPFL will need to get a move on seeing as we are due to play Forfar tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If it is decided on points per game then Clyde will be in the play offs based on something out with our control.

Not really. If the game is voided, Clyde will effectively be awarded 1.05 points for the game last night. 

That's exactly 1.05 more points than you've gotten off us in the previous two games.

Edited by Gordon EF

19 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Clyde signed up to a rule set (along with every other club) saying if any games couldn't be completed then it goes on PPG. I'm not sure you can say PPG isn't fair now. In any case, barring the rest of your team picking up COVID now you still have 6 points available to make yourselves safe. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Clyde signed up to a rule set (along with every other club) saying if any games couldn't be completed then it goes on PPG. I'm not sure you can say PPG isn't fair now. In any case, barring the rest of your team picking up COVID now you still have 6 points available to make yourselves safe. 

Regardless of whether EF were right to not play, I am not sure 'couldn't be completed' was included to encompass the scenario of teams refusing to play games that had been given the all-clear.  

Just now, Cannibal said:

Regardless of whether EF were right to not play, I am not sure 'couldn't be completed' was included to encompass the scenario of teams refusing to play games that had been given the all-clear.  

Given the Clyde squad took another test last night and are in isolation today, it would suggest to me there are concerns that the positive case may have mixed with others. All statements seem to suggest East Fife were given a choice rather than told to play, that may mean that the JRG/SPFL felt the risk was minimal but also felt East Fife were within their rights to say no as they could not be certain who else had been infected. 

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Given the Clyde squad took another test last night and are in isolation today, it would suggest to me there are concerns that the positive case may have mixed with others. All statements seem to suggest East Fife were given a choice rather than told to play, that may mean that the JRG/SPFL felt the risk was minimal but also felt East Fife were within their rights to say no as they could not be certain who else had been infected. 

I do not expect that the results of this test will  be available before tomorrows game against Forfar. So if East Fife are being regarded as justified in not playing last night presumably Forfar would be justified in not playing tomorrow night

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I do not expect that the results of this test will  be available before tomorrows game against Forfar. So if East Fife are being regarded as justified in not playing last night presumably Forfar would be justified in not playing tomorrow night

Presumably the tests from Tuesday should get the results back before the Forfar - Clyde game kicks off (hopefully more than 5 mins before kick off). If everyone apart form the original player is clear, I don't see where there would be a problem. If there are more positives then things are going to get pretty messy.

3 hours ago, David W said:

Teachers are not required to test.

Teachers are using less accurate lateral flow tests. Football has to send away PCR tests, so there's clearly going to be be turnaround time.

My missus is a teacher and she has to test twice per week.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Presumably the tests from Tuesday should get the results back before the Forfar - Clyde game kicks off (hopefully more than 5 mins before kick off). If everyone apart form the original player is clear, I don't see where there would be a problem. If there are more positives then things are going to get pretty messy.

I was just going on the basis that the result of Saturday's test didn't get back until Tuesday evening so not sure how a Tuesday test would get a result back in 48 hours

Just now, Nowhereman said:

I was just going on the basis that the result of Saturday's test didn't get back until Tuesday evening so not sure how a Tuesday test would get a result back in 48 hours

Got you. Can't count days due any more to lockdown and having the football calendar being completely fucking mental.