Clyde v East Fife

Clyde Statement - "East Fife decided not to play the match"

Darren Young - "we decided not to play the match"

East Fife statement- "we decided not to play the match"

Yes I am paraphrasing the statements but this seems to be why some players are clearly unhappy with us for, despite the exact same message being made by their own manager before we had released anything.

Based on everything put out by all parties, our statement is factually correct. Anger should be directed at those that made the decision that the match should have been played.

I agree with East Fife's decision for what it's worth and I hope the match is rearranged for a week on Thursday.

I can only guess the outrage from some about the statement is the lack of context. I understand it being basic at that point though, with a more detailed response to come at some point. Unusual for a club not to mention the usual well-wishes for their own player testing positive but that’ll just be an over-site in their haste to get something out.

6 hours ago, troy said:

Who were the people representing the JRG.? Do they have a medical background or a knowledge of pandemics ?.If i was at my work and was told the guy i was working with had tested covid positive i certainly would not be working with him and in the first place he would have been told to stay away from his work.

B88703A8-FD1B-4BD2-BA94-0A4D1E92C14B.png

A lot of folk saying Clyde have done nothing wrong but they let a guy without a negative test turn up to play. I just can't fathom how that's not against protocols, regardless if the JRG gave the game the go ahead.
If we adopted that logic not one player would have been there last night. Everyone in attendance had a negative test for last night's match. Testing already done covered us for Saturday and last night. This was testing for Thursday and the club can't control when we get the results of these.

4 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

If we adopted that logic not one player would have been there last night. Everyone in attendance had a negative test for last night's match. Testing already done covered us for Saturday and last night. This was testing for Thursday and the club can't control when we get the results of these.

So the whole Clyde team were waiting on their test results for Thursday last night? I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A lot of folk saying Clyde have done nothing wrong but they let a guy without a negative test turn up to play. I just can't fathom how that's not against protocols, regardless if the JRG gave the game the go ahead.

He will have had a negative test for last night’s game. By the sounds of things, testing for Thursday’s game took place on Saturday and this was where the positive test was returned. Don’t get me wrong, I’m confused as to why it took 72 hours to return results (even from a PCR test) and given some of the other shambles we’ve been involved in, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had made a cock up somewhere in there.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So the whole Clyde team were waiting on their test results for Thursday last night? I doubt it.

We may well have gone to submit the tests last night so that they were with the SPFL 48 hours before Thursday’s game and realised there was a positive test. That kind of thing wouldn’t surprise me given it’s Clyde.

2 minutes ago, Rob Smith said:

B88703A8-FD1B-4BD2-BA94-0A4D1E92C14B.png

Well if knowledge of positive test is only known 20 mins before kick-off are these wallopers on speed dial? They usually take months to answer anything in their day jobs. And I would question a medical professional  going against the advice that has been promoted since March 2020 on what to do in the event of a positive test. Test track and ISOLATE. 

Can I also suggest there is now walk in testing throughout Scotland where it takes 30 minutes for a result to be given. 

3 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Well if knowledge of positive test is only known 20 mins before kick-off are these wallopers on speed dial? They usually take months to answer anything in their day jobs. And I would question a medical professional  going against the advice that has been promoted since March 2020 on what to do in the event of a positive test. Test track and ISOLATE. 

Can I also suggest there is now walk in testing throughout Scotland where it takes 30 minutes for a result to be given. 

Ironically, there is a test centre in the car park. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Thanks for that input Dr. Flyfifer48

I'm hearing the Clyde players were tested last night and are isolating until results are received, which makes the JRG's decision to allow the game to go ahead last night seem a bit stupid. Were the JRG expecting Clyde to play the fixture then isolate?

There's been a few folk making the argument that it's almost impossible for footballers to transmit the virus to each other through playing, training, etc. Didn't Clyde have an 'outbreak' where four players tested positive in November. Surely the assumption was there was transmission between the players in that case? Why would anyone assume that couldn't happen again?

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There's been a few folk making the argument that it's almost impossible for footballers to transmit the virus to each other through playing, training, etc. Didn't Clyde have an 'outbreak' where four players tested positive in November. Surely the assumption was there was transmission between the players in that case? Why would anyone assume that couldn't happen again?

Indeed. Presumably these guys go home to wives , kids/ girlfriends.

Some will have other jobs and contact with the outside world.

Nonsense to think the football 'bubble' is going to eradicate transmission of any virus.