Clyde v East Fife

Wouldn’t it be nice to just be sitting in a stadium, losing 3-0 and screaming about how rubbish we are whilst listening to a section of Clyde fans calling East Fife fans “Teuchter B******s” (yes, I know...). Those were the days!
Also remember Alloa supporters being called sheep shaggers

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If East Fife are playing Peterhead in a deid rubber and they want to forfeit games they can batter in. If East Fife want to forfeit games that can potentially impact relegation, or promotion for that matter, based on some moral thing they completely dreamed up, then yes it absolutely should be viewed differently. If Clyde haven’t followed protocols then fair enough but the fact the game was given the green light suggests no protocols were broken and therefore the infected player posed no risk to anyone else on the park.

After 14 pages, that's the biggest load of pish I've read so far.  Well done.

Did it not occur to you that the Joint Response Group might have fucked up here?  We don't know the facts of what exactly went on in the minutes leading up to kick off, but if a player tests positive and said player has been in close proximity to other players then there is no way on gods earth this game should have been given the nod.

This season should have been punted full stop. An utter and pointless farce from the very start.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
28 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:
Wouldn’t it be nice to just be sitting in a stadium, losing 3-0 and screaming about how rubbish we are whilst listening to a section of Clyde fans calling East Fife fans “Teuchter B******s” (yes, I know...). Those were the days!

Also remember Alloa supporters being called sheep shaggers

Peterhead being “Fish Shaggers” is a personal favourite!

6 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

This season should have been punted full stop. An utter and pointless farce from the very start.

Were you saying that a few weeks back when you were putting a run together and looking at the top of the league?

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Were you saying that a few weeks back when you were putting a run together and looking at the top of the league?

I've said it from the very beginning and to be honest we've never put a run together to stare at the summit.

Thanks for playing though.

11 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

After 14 pages, that's the biggest load of pish I've read so far.  Well done.

Did it not occur to you that the Joint Response Group might have fucked up here?  We don't know the facts of what exactly went on in the minutes leading up to kick off, but if a player tests positive and said player has been in close proximity to other players then there is no way on gods earth this game should have been given the nod.

Simmer doon. Fucked up in what sense? If Clyde have followed the protocols set out then there should be no issues. The fact the green light was given for the game to go ahead would suggest this is case. If they have socially distanced during travel and pre match then the infected player would pose no risk to the players who tested negative. 

As for your last paragraph I completely agree. The fact a club can have a say in who gets relegated or not based on deciding not to play a game is an utter farce and should have been taken into consideration from the start.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Simmer doon. Fucked up in what sense? If Clyde have followed the protocols set out then there should be no issues. The fact the green light was given for the game to go ahead would suggest this is case. If they have socially distanced during travel and pre match then the infected player would pose no risk to the players who tested negative. 

As for your last paragraph I completely agree. The fact a club can have a say in who gets relegated or not based on deciding not to play a game is an utter farce and should have been taken into consideration from the start.

I've simmered 👌

Fucked up in the sense that we're relying on a network of incompetent idiots running the game into the ground in this country.  Fucked up as in to me it sounds like they called this completely wrong.

Clyde following the protocols is a big ask (no disrespect intended). They're young guys and we all know how that goes. Relying on them being responsible and socially distancing? No chance.  How can they possibly prove that? I'm 100% certain EF made the right call and I'd probably feel the same if the boot was on the other foot.

I cannot for the life of me understand why this particular bunch of cretins thought it OK for this game to go ahead.

Maybe I'm missing something but no doubt we'll find out more tomorrow.

There is a general consensus that neither club is at fault here, with the information available at the moment. Can Clyde be criticised for being ready to play a game when the JRG  say it’s good to go? I’d say no. Equally, I don’t think there can be any blame on East Fife not playing, families and day jobs come first at the end of the day. 

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out, I think there was a bit of overreaction from some East Fife fans to the Clyde statement, the East Fife statement says the same thing in different words. Clydes statement was simply stating it was East Fife who didn’t play, which was confirmed by Darren Young. 

Quick decisions needed by the authorities although there hasn’t been one word from them about our postponed games from November...

If Clyde haven’t been found to have done anything wrong and the JRG have said the game is safe to go ahead, then surely it should be East Fife who forfeit the game?

If JRG has said it’s ok to go ahead (the sense of that decision is a separate matter) then really it should be Fife who are punished, teams can’t just decide which games they play or don’t, particularly when it does affect other teams.

i get that it affects us so I am trying not to be biased, but surely the points can’t just be given to Clyde in a circumstance like this?!

4 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

IIf JRG has said it’s ok to go ahead (the sense of that decision is a separate matter) then really it should be Fife who are punished, teams can’t just decide which games they play or don’t, particularly when it does affect other teams.

Under normal circumstances yes, but we're not currently living under normal circumstances. Nasty disease kicking about.

12 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

If Clyde haven’t been found to have done anything wrong and the JRG have said the game is safe to go ahead, then surely it should be East Fife who forfeit the game?

If JRG has said it’s ok to go ahead (the sense of that decision is a separate matter) then really it should be Fife who are punished, teams can’t just decide which games they play or don’t, particularly when it does affect other teams.

i get that it affects us so I am trying not to be biased, but surely the points can’t just be given to Clyde in a circumstance like this?!

The SPFL are going to have to come to a decision once they've got all the facts. It's clearly not just a case of East Fife not fancying it though is it? What possible reason would East Fife have not to play the game other than genuine health concerns? We're not getting promoted, we're not getting relegated, the players were already on the pitch, we've beaten Clyde twice in the past few weeks and we don't give a shit either way about who ends up in the play-offs and who doesn't.

If Clyde have followed all the protocols then the SPFL are basically going to have to decide whether East Fife were justified in refusing to play the game with the information presented to them at such short notice. If they decide they weren't then clyde get the 3 points. If they decide they were then either the game's fitted in a week on Thursday or the game's basically null and void and league positions are decided on PPG with the games that are played.

I suspect the SPFL will basically back up whatever the JRG position was at the time without much question and award a 3-0 win to Clyde, fwiw.

Whatever happens, if Dumbarton finish 9th, it'll be because they've been pish.

Edited by Gordon EF

13 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Under normal circumstances yes, but we're not currently living under normal circumstances. Nasty disease kicking about.

That’s very true and your condescension aside, there are footballing ramifications that need to be taken into account. Awarding another team a win due to their opponents deciding not to play a game that was deemed ok to go ahead isn’t right. Particularly when it has huge implications for other teams, i.e. us.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The SPFL are going to have to come to a decision once they've got all the facts. It's clearly not just a case of East Fife not fancying it though is it? What possible reason would East Fife have not to play the game other than genuine health concerns? We're not getting promoted, we're not getting relegated, the players were already on the pitch, we've beaten Clyde twice in the past few weeks and we don't give a shit either way about who ends up in the play-offs and who doesn't.

If Clyde have followed all the protocols then the SPFL are basically going to have to decide whether East Fife were justified in refusing to play the game with the information presented to them at such short notice. If they decide they weren't then clyde get the 3 points. If they decide they were then either the game's fitted in a week on Thursday or the game's basically null and void and league positions are decided on PPG with the games that are played.

I suspect the SPFL will basically back up whatever the JRG position was at the time without much question and award a 3-0 win to Clyde, fwiw.

Whatever happens, if Dumbarton finish 9th, it'll be because they've been pish.

I’m not saying East Fife would have had any reasons for not playing the game other than health concerns,  but I don’t think it’s right that they can just decide not to play when the game has been given the green light.

On your last sentence, I largely agree, we have been absolutely pish and would largely deserve to finish 9th having been awful all season, but for the final nail to be hammered in in a situation like this, would not only be a hard pill to swallow, it wouldn’t be right or proper either.

1 minute ago, Bogheidman said:

I’m not saying East Fife would have had any reasons for not playing the game other than health concerns,  but I don’t think it’s right that they can just decide not to play when the game has been given the green light.

On your last sentence, I largely agree, we have been absolutely pish and would largely deserve to finish 9th having been awful all season, but for the final nail to be hammered in in a situation like this, would not only be a hard pill to swallow, it wouldn’t be right or proper either.

Well the issue I'm taking is with this...

teams can’t just decide which games they play or don’t

You're making it sound like it was a flippant decision. like they just couldn't be bothered playing and weren't bothered about the consequences. That's clearly not the case.

And I don't think you'll find any East Fife supporter/player/official who'll think an acceptable outcome is Clyde being awarded the 3 points.

What would your solution be?

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well the issue I'm taking is with this...

You're making it sound like it was a flippant decision. like they just couldn't be bothered playing and weren't bothered about the consequences. That's clearly not the case.

And I don't think you'll find any East Fife supporter/player/official who'll think an acceptable outcome is Clyde being awarded the 3 points.

What would your solution be?

I don’t mean to make it sound like I think it was a flippant decision, I don’t. But my point still stands, if the game was given the go-ahead, I don’t think East Fife should just be able to say they’re not playing and that be that.

On your second point I get that and that’s a modicum of solace however it’s how the powers view it and what they decide as a result that strikes fear into me.

Well if no rules have been broken by Clyde and the player is presumably self-isolating, play the game on Thursday would be my solution.

Who were the people representing the JRG.? Do they have a medical background or a knowledge of pandemics ?.If i was at my work and was told the guy i was working with had tested covid positive i certainly would not be working with him and in the first place he would have been told to stay away from his work.

41 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

I don’t mean to make it sound like I think it was a flippant decision, I don’t. But my point still stands, if the game was given the go-ahead, I don’t think East Fife should just be able to say they’re not playing and that be that.

On your second point I get that and that’s a modicum of solace however it’s how the powers view it and what they decide as a result that strikes fear into me.

Well if no rules have been broken by Clyde and the player is presumably self-isolating, play the game on Thursday would be my solution.

We are away to Forfar on Thursday.